Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney: Everyone wants to explain what happened to Bama but Clemson was just better
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney: Everyone wants to explain what happened to Bama but Clemson was just better

Feb 6, 2019, 5:01 PM

Swinney: Everyone wants to explain what happened to Bama but Clemson was just better

Clemson dominated Alabama 44-16 in the College Football Playoff National Championship to garner their second title in the last three years. Media pundits were d Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but Clemson was just better . . . PERIOD!!!!!!!***

Feb 6, 2019, 5:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: but Clemson was just better . . . PERIOD!!!!!!!***

Feb 6, 2019, 5:44 PM

Tweet that!

Feb 6, 2019, 8:54 PM [ in reply to but Clemson was just better . . . PERIOD!!!!!!!*** ]

Put me in Coach!!!
Dabo fires me up!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2019, 9:22 PM [ in reply to but Clemson was just better . . . PERIOD!!!!!!!*** ]

"Eye of the Tiger, man! The edge!"

Nuf Said!

Feb 6, 2019, 10:08 PM [ in reply to but Clemson was just better . . . PERIOD!!!!!!!*** ]

Boom! Drop the mic!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nuf Said!

Feb 6, 2019, 10:08 PM [ in reply to but Clemson was just better . . . PERIOD!!!!!!!*** ]

Boom! Drop the mic!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2019, 3:05 AM [ in reply to but Clemson was just better . . . PERIOD!!!!!!!*** ]

I was surprised by the margin of our victory, and because I'm always pessimistic about these things, I was worried that we might lose; but when I was trying to be rational in the build-up, all the evidence pointed to us being a better team and winning.

Offensively, we couldn't miss. The best QB in College, surrounded by an array of potent attacking weapons,we were always going to put points on the board.

Defensively, we matched up well against Alabama's big strength. Our D-Line was of NFL standard all season, even without Dexter, we had two probable 1st Round Draft picks lining up to stop the Bama running game.

The only real concern all season had been our Secondary, it had been exposed by the Coots. But against Pitt and ND, it seemed that Venables had sorted that out; and besides, with the pressure our D-Line would bring, Tua wouldn't neccessarily have time to exploit any weaknesses.

We were always the better team, and any media pundit who was paying attention shouldn't have been surprised.

Feb 7, 2019, 5:44 AM [ in reply to but Clemson was just better . . . PERIOD!!!!!!!*** ]

What gets to me more than any of the excuses they come up with, and that is not one time do they mention that Clemson also had injuries, and our defense done what they did to Bama without Dexter Lawrence creating havoc in their backfield causing even greater stress on Tua that could/would have been with Big Dex in the game. Tua wouldn't have gotten off some of those desperate passes that he completed, and their run game wouldn't have been as effective as it was on 1st and 2nd downs. Yes Huggy done a good job, but I personally believe that Big Dex was one of the best we had on our D line, PERIOD!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney: Everyone wants to explain what happened to Bama but Clemson was just better

Feb 6, 2019, 5:36 PM

Great leadership for a washed up real estate salesman from Alabama .
I hope he decides to stay coaching and not let the call of listings and closings lure him back to the house hustle game .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: TNET: Swinney: Everyone wants to explain what happened to Bama but Clemson was just better

Feb 6, 2019, 6:04 PM

Helps having the best QB and best player in college football on Clemson’s side. Just like Deshaun, Trevor is now the best player and the most important position and that equals wins. Add in how dominant our lines were last year and Bama gets embarrassed.

Feb 6, 2019, 6:47 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney: Everyone wants to explain what happened to Bama but Clemson was just better ]

Absolutely great leadership. Gotta love that guy man. The Tigers are in rarified air these days and I intend to savor every ****ing second! And, CDS is obviously still hungry...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tweet THAT!***

Feb 6, 2019, 5:44 PM

I think it’s a good thing most aren’t giving Clemson credit for beating Bama like that

Feb 6, 2019, 5:47 PM

It will just motivate our team to do it again this year. We have our bulletin material for this season that’s for sure

Feb 6, 2019, 6:07 PM

Message is that national media is either biased or out of touch, take your pick. All in with our Tigers is the Drs prescription or you just get sick.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2019, 5:46 AM

I choose both!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2019, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney: Everyone wants to explain what happened to Bama but Clemson was just better ]

"essage is that national media is either biased or out of touch,"

Both.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They they they they

Feb 6, 2019, 6:11 PM

Dabo only takes credit when things don't go right

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They they they they

Feb 6, 2019, 6:29 PM

Nailed it^^^

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On point. Someone who absolutely gets leadership

Feb 6, 2019, 11:25 PM [ in reply to They they they they ]

And motivation. Enjoys letting “them” shine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really love Dabo’s attitude

Feb 6, 2019, 6:11 PM

“... I just can’t wait to get back at it.”

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

one word explains what happened to Bama

Feb 6, 2019, 6:27 PM

C L E M S O N

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

The orange sport coat is always a good decision***

Feb 6, 2019, 6:53 PM

Bama scored as much in the first quarter as...

Feb 6, 2019, 6:55 PM

both Superbowl team score in the entire game. Bama could have beaten either of them by 44-16 score.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No Doubt

Feb 6, 2019, 7:06 PM

Just when I thought the NC State game was the only NO DOUBT game of the season. From Dabo's words, looks like we can now count the Alabama game as one too.

Re: No Doubt

Feb 6, 2019, 7:13 PM

I think you can count every game after Syracuse.

Feb 6, 2019, 7:08 PM

:) :) :) :) ;)

Feb 6, 2019, 7:11 PM

Dabo knew what he had with this team all along. He also knew that very few people outside of Clemson realized it and he likes it that way. All the ROY bus talk just fed the underdog mantra. Go back and look at Saban’s face and body language coming out of the tunnel before the NCG. I think he knew it too.

Feb 6, 2019, 7:43 PM

Told my stepson something similar..... a week before the game. Saban has a different expression on his face.... worry

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Left No Doubt

Feb 6, 2019, 7:33 PM

That is the end of the story really. We outplayed the vaunted Bama team on both sides and left no doubt at the end of the game. All the pundits excuses are empty. The Tigers dominated. The Tide was great but the Tigers were greater because of the result. No Doubt.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2019, 7:59 PM

It took a Clemson coach to figure out WE GOOD!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2019, 9:37 PM

I'm sure coach Swinney is glad he dropped the real estate hustle too I build homes 2009 would have been real different for him with the housing collapse. It seems like that man only makes right decisions for the most part.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2019, 10:31 PM

[S]orry [E]xcuses [C]onference!!

Feb 6, 2019, 11:20 PM

Yo I was just reading this article from the Alabama website and all the fans are still butthurt from the butt whooping their team took. They are so obnoxious and can't give credit where credit is due. I hope we meet up with them again and beat them down again next year. I used to respect Alabama. Now I've totally lost respect for the Alabama team and fan base. They say that because Clemson prepared for them all year that the ACC was weak. It was definitely weaker than years past but I give credit to coach Sweeney I'm being a great preparer. he shows me that he's smart and savvy and Alabama is not.

Feb 6, 2019, 11:27 PM

I meant to say coach Swinney is a great preparer. He is great on managing his teams time. Our team wasn't tired because most of our players got quality playing time making are competitive depth better then Alabama. Meanwhile Alabama's players were fatigued cuz they were mentally weak.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic