Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
one of my favorite Clucker whining points is
Other Sports Boards - Rivalries
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

one of my favorite Clucker whining points is

Aug 1, 2012, 8:56 AM

"why would a top recruit want to play in the ACC instead of the mighty SEC? Are they afraid of the competition, or do they just prefer not to have to challenge themselves?"

Ironic.

These are people who chose to get their education at SCAR, a third-tier academic school. Of course, most of them had no hope of getting into a decent college, so I guess I shouldn't be too harsh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its a dumb argument by them, which of course is expected.

Aug 1, 2012, 9:13 AM

If you're a good player you will make it to the NFL regardless of what conference you play in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

true, just check the pro bowl rosters---they don't want to

Aug 1, 2012, 9:20 AM

hear that---and that is because when you get to the NFL, you have to be smart to play the game at that level successfully.

Wow...at least one of them had half a brain...

Aug 1, 2012, 9:21 AM

some of you are an absolute joke.  Who are we to boast about conference?  Until recently Clemson has done plenty well against us while playing in the ACC.  Just about as many kids get drafted out of the ACC compared to the SEC.  If you take away the terrible teams in the ACC and just use the good ones versus our good ones and more get drafted out of the ACC.  Until we actually win the conference can we stop boasting about our conference that we have never won?  It gets a little old going through all these SEC SEC posts when we have never won it.  We should be able to win it in the next few years but until then we can't brag about how great we are because of our tough conference when we've always been middle of the pack.  I as a USC alum was embarrassed this past year when we made rings.  What in the hell did we accomplish to make rings?  We didn't win our division much less our conference.  That shows we are happy with where things are at.  No way in the world we should have ever made rings for that.  It's like we are rewarding that.  If we do that we'll get stuck there.  We need to say no that's not good enough and fight on to bigger and better things

Bet he got hammered for saying that

Aug 1, 2012, 10:46 AM

But it's very true. Glad to see there are a few who know what those rings really meant.

Contentment

Clemson

I've said it before, I'll say it again

Aug 1, 2012, 9:46 AM

Those @ss clowns can't understand the concept that these players commit to attend a SCHOOL, not a CONFERENCE. You only play football for half of the school year. If all you have to offer is your CONFERENCE affiliation (Coots), then you have NOTHING to offer! You will never have anything besides "SEC" to offer, and "SEC" gets you nothing.

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The worst USuC fans are the ones with no actual connection

Aug 1, 2012, 9:48 AM

to the school.

Probably the same with Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: one of my favorite Clucker whining points is

Aug 1, 2012, 10:39 AM

I agree with you that the conference bragging point is lame and to be honest, something Carolina fans hold on to because there is not much else to boast about.

With that being said, saying Carolina is a Third Tier academic school is just foolish. Carolina has very strongly rated programs within the University as does Clemson, they just vary on emphasis.

^ I agree, I got on here to say the same thing

Aug 1, 2012, 10:46 AM

They even had the #1 business school in country for a while. I believe it is still up there, just not #1.

You really can't go wrong by choosing any D1 school to get a degree at.

Clearly Clemson is the better academic school, but USC is not bad.

They had the No. 1 "international" business program....

Aug 1, 2012, 10:54 AM

but bear in mind, there are only a handful of schools across the country that even offer a degree in international business.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

their #1 ranking was for graduate MBA International business

Aug 1, 2012, 11:25 AM [ in reply to ^ I agree, I got on here to say the same thing ]

programs, not their "business school". They have snowed you under if you believe that.

In reality, USC's undergraduate business school (#101) is ranked lower than Clemson's (#76).

http://www.businessweek.com/interactive_reports/ugtable_3-20.html

Saying $CU is a third tier academic school isn't foolish....

Aug 1, 2012, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: one of my favorite Clucker whining points is ]

On the contrary, the statement is entirely accruate. For proof, look no further than the rankings in Princeton Review or US News.

From an academic rankings standpoint, other than Vanderbilt, Florida and Georgia, the $EC's academic rankings are pretty poor, and Carolina South ranks 8th academically among the $EC schools.

If Clemson joined the $EC, Clemson would be ranked a very close 4th just behind Florida and Georgia. From an academic rankings standpoint, Florida, Georgia and Clemson are all very comperable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Total comparison of Clemson and UCS academics is

Aug 1, 2012, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: one of my favorite Clucker whining points is ]

"not in the same ballpark".

Re: one of my favorite Clucker whining points is

Aug 1, 2012, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: one of my favorite Clucker whining points is ]

Well, anyone can get into the state school. I attended the University of South Carolina - Lancaster, which is a branch of Carolina. I was looking to transfer to a 4 year university, and was quite surprised at just how easy it was to enroll at the state school. Just about anyone can enroll at Carolina, all you need is 30 credit hours and a minimum GPA of 2.0. As to where Clemson, you needed at least 30 credit hours and a minimum of a 3.0 GPA. Just shows some of the difference in the type of students each school has.

As you can tell from my donor label, which school I chose.

I think bringing this up

Aug 1, 2012, 12:52 PM

Makes us look pretty petty & not very confident. Why in the hell do we care what they say, we just need to continue to secure top tier talent.

One of my favorite clucker whining points

Aug 5, 2012, 10:20 PM

relates to the folks who whine about the fact that we took our foot off the gas pedal in the fourth quarter against you guys. They whine about the fact that we started milking the clock.

Yeah, we could have scored again...and I see why folks whine about it...but my thought is that it was time to let the clock run out since we had embarrassed you guys enough.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Other Sports Boards - Rivalries
add New Topic