Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Greenville Rec Flag Football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Greenville Rec Flag Football

Feb 5, 2019, 11:17 PM

I'm getting a team together for the spring season. It will be my first time playing. Was wondering if anybody plays or has played in it? How competitive is it? TIA.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If a team composed of Clemson Basketball players beats you

Feb 6, 2019, 12:23 AM

by 50+ points, don't try to shake their hands...hth

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is it played in Taylors still? I played a couple years

Feb 6, 2019, 8:51 AM

back around 2006-08. Pretty Competitive but nothing ridiculous. Played against Brandon Bennett's team which was fun trying to pull a flag from an ex NFL RB. I know he was a coot but he was extremely good guy. I believe his team was all at-risk kids that he was mentoring so he was just out there to have some fun and get those out doing something fun and out of trouble. But just like any rec league you'll have a team here and there that take themselves way too seriously. As long as you have a good QB and are organized with play calls you'll be fine. We definitely weren't the most athletic team but we made a run and almost won the league one year.

Re: Is it played in Taylors still? I played a couple years

Feb 6, 2019, 8:47 PM

Thanks for the input. Yea I believe it is in Taylor's. I'm worried about play calling and stuff. Gonna try to get in some practices before the season. How much did y'all practice if you don't mind me asking?

once a week. Basically have 4 WR's and have a

Feb 7, 2019, 10:40 AM

1 - WR1
2 - left side slot WR
3 - right side slot WR
4 - WR2
5 - RB

1 route - post
2 route - 5 yard in/out (depends on the pattern direction given by QB)
3 route - 5 yard curl
4 route - streak
5 route - 10 yard cross
(these can all be changed to whatever you prefer)

QB gets to the line picks his best matchup (aka picks on the scrub DB) and calls out the Direction (an L word and you can change it every time if you want) Receiver number first and play second.

So for instance the QB gets to line and calls out:
LADY 22 (WR is to make his pattern to the left b/c he indicated an L-word (LADY)) - Twenty (2 WR which is slot receiver on the left) - Two (5 yard in/out (since the receiver on the left is told to make his pattern go left(LADY) then that would be a five yard out pattern)

Thats how we did it. It got pretty easy after a while. Everyone played the same WR position so you knew what number you were. And if your first option isn't there then have an assignment for each receiver. I think the WR1 and WR2 always ran post routes if they weren't first option and the slots always ran a shallow cross of some sort. RB always went out in flat for help. Of course you can change that to whatever your qb wants.

You can always call multiple routes too. For instance if you want your WR1 to run a 5 yard inside curl and your left slot to run a outside post then you'd call ROBIN 13 - LADY 21 SET HUT. We usually didn't get that complicated we just called one route and went with it or improvised.

It was fun though. Everyone enjoyed it. We were all just out there to get some exercise. You just need a speedster, and big possession target so you can move the chains when you need to and a couple wide boys to block b/c they can rush.

Too much information...? maybe...but it was all coming back to me so i had to flesh it all out.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic