Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ok now its clear
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

ok now its clear

Jun 7, 2020, 8:20 PM

not really
some say chemicals were used on the protesters for the bible pic. some on here say there was none used.

Mr bar just said no chemicals/irritants were used. Then said "pepper balls" were used. ummmm.....are pepper spray/balls not classified as irritants or chemicals?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Re: ok now its clear

Jun 8, 2020, 2:06 PM

Yes, they are:

https://emergency.cdc.gov/agent/riotcontrol/factsheet.asp

"Riot control agents (sometimes referred to as “tear gas”) are chemical compounds that temporarily make people unable to function by causing irritation to the eyes, mouth, throat, lungs, and skin."

"Riot control agents are used by law enforcement officials for crowd control and by individuals and the general public for personal protection (for example, pepper spray)."

From eyewitness:
https://www.facebook.com/gini.gerbasi/posts/10157575422089624

Around 6:15 or 6:30, the police started really pushing protestors off of H Street (the street between the church and Lafayette Park, and ultimately, the White House. They started using tear gas and folks were running at us for eyewashes or water or wet paper towels. At this point, Julia, one of our seminarians for next year (who is a trauma nurse) and I looked at each other in disbelief. I was coughing, her eyes were watering, and we were trying to help people as the police - in full riot gear - drove people toward us...

Suddenly, around 6:30, there was more tear gas, more concussion grenades, and I think I saw someone hit by a rubber bullet - he was grasping his stomach and there was a mark on his shirt...

I was so stunned I only got a few water bottles and my spray bottle of eyewash. We were literally DRIVEN OFF of the St. John's, Lafayette Square patio with tear gas and concussion grenades and police in full riot gear. We were pushed back 20 feet, and then eventually - with SO MANY concussion grenades - back to K street.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ok now its clear

Jun 8, 2020, 2:18 PM

he's a liar liar pants on fire. perfect for this administration

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic