Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Bottom Line I really get from the Talking Ho's is this:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,822

The Bottom Line I really get from the Talking Ho's is this:

Dec 4, 2019, 5:03 PM

They are universal in that Clemson has played no one. So, they discount any offensive or defensive numbers we put up.

They are also universal in that LSU or 0310 State have GREAT offenses, and so-so defenses, but the defensive lapses were against TOP FLIGHT competition, and those offenses will overcome any defensive shortcomings going forward.

So, what they are really saying is that our offense will bog down against these teams, AND that either one of them will light up Brent Venables untested defense.

They are truly in for a crude and rude awakening on both fronts.

But first, foremost, and ESSENTIAL. Beat Virginia Saturday. Beat them soundly. Beat them roundly. Beat them from start to finish. Leave no doubt that the team that is coming for the rest of College Football is an angry, angry bunch that is capable of making last year's beatdown of Alabama look like a close game. To cop a line from the venerable Rev. Dodd, it is time for GEE-HAWD.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Bottom Line I really get from the Talking Ho's is this:

Dec 4, 2019, 5:11 PM

It’s funny that Alabama was always left at number one regardless of schedule even when it jumped from year to year...,.the flaw in Fineears “logic” and more evidence of the bias.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give me a year when an SEC West schedule

Dec 4, 2019, 5:16 PM

wasn’t very tough.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Give me a year when an SEC West schedule

Dec 4, 2019, 5:33 PM

Last year. LSU had no offense, we beat A&M, and we smoked bama. Not really as tough as your making it out.

But tougher than our schedule.***

Dec 4, 2019, 5:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By preseason rankings.... It's the standard modus operandi.

Dec 4, 2019, 6:51 PM

The narrative (rankings) is predetermined and self-fulfilling. To deny that is a being oblivious to the facts. The vaunted SEC schedules are loaded with patsies... It's primarily a huge load of manure with a little crap on top... We'd score 45+ on LSU and hold GA to less than 20... But they're in the SEC, so you'll never hear that from ESPiN... It'd ruin the narrative. This year they'll learn. Next year, they'll concede.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2019, 5:14 PM

I think you've nailed it. my own impression is that if any school can give us a 4 quarter game it would be ohio. but I dont know if we've seen our first string in for 4 this year. maybe UNC which is (should obviously be) an outlier and poor gauge.

I don’t get that at all, and when the predictions start

Dec 4, 2019, 5:14 PM

rolling in next Sunday, expect us to be picked by as many as OSU and LSU.

Oh, they will do the quick musical chairs shuffle at the

Dec 4, 2019, 5:24 PM

very end, of course. Because then, us being in the Playoffs again will be a reality, one that they can't talk their way out of.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2019, 5:31 PM

The bottom line is the talking heads are lying to us to fit the false narratives they are pushing and they all know they are lying to us and don’t give a crap about this is long as their employer (ESPN aka SEC) continues to sign their paychecks each week.....follow the ###### or be fired.....that are the only two choices they have......and I think most of them like getting paid.....Go Tigers!!!!!

Well, checking LSU's schedule

Dec 4, 2019, 5:31 PM

They have given up
3 to Ga. Southern
38 to Texas
14 to NW St.
38 to Vandy
6 to Utah St
28 to UF
13 to Miss St.
20 to Auburn
41 to Bama
37 to Ole Miss
20 to Arky

Maybe they gave up garbage points, but that was around Arky's scoring avg all year and the best Ole Miss did in conference all year, and by far Vanderbilt's best all year

Clemson

Do NOT try to bring reality into the SEC narrative. It has

Dec 4, 2019, 5:33 PM

no home there.

Re: Well, checking LSU's schedule

Dec 4, 2019, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Well, checking LSU's schedule ]

If you look at all of the advanced metrics that remove garbage time and account for SOS, LSU is firmly a top 25 defense. Not top 5 like they normally are, but far from being "average". Their DL isn't as nasty as it usually is, and their LB can be exploited in the middle of the field, but they still have 5* guys all over the field and are well coached. Probably the 5th or 6th best defense in the SEC

Just asking, do you have a link to the metrics?

Dec 4, 2019, 6:33 PM

I really just don't think those teams that scored a lot of those points have top offenses.
Vandy only scored 7 in the 4th

Ole Miss scored 14 in the 4th, but Burrow was also passing for TDs with 5 minutes left

Arkansas gave up a bunch of single play-drive TDs late, so they may have been garbage, but if LSU is supposed to be better than everyone else in the league, why was their score avg for Arkansas all year?

Even the Texas score was slightly above their average

Clemson

Re: Just asking, do you have a link to the metrics?

Dec 4, 2019, 6:36 PM

Football Outsiders (Same people as S&P) has them at #20

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feidef/2019.

Why did we give up 35 to South Carolina last year and allow them to break several school records, yet we destroyed Bama and ND? **** happens.

Dec 4, 2019, 5:59 PM

What defensive lapses has Ohio State had? Their numbers are on par with Clemson's while having done so against decidedly better competition. Their worse game was giving up 27 points and 396 yards @ Michigan. I wouldn't consider that a lapse.

I've never seen a single talking head say that OSU has anything short of a great defense, and the numbers back it up as they are top 3 in practically every defensive metric.

I agree that 0-31-0 St. is probably our best test... However

Dec 4, 2019, 6:59 PM

they haven't played anyone that can match or better them with 'speed'... The B1G is notoriously slow overall. Not OH St., but their competition. That advantage is out the window once they reach the playoffs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree that 0-31-0 St. is probably our best test... However

Dec 4, 2019, 7:37 PM

Ya'll remember that Ohio State dominated the CFP just 5 years ago, right?

Great. It's just icing on the cake getting to prove them

Dec 4, 2019, 6:37 PM

all wrong.

ohio st has had no close games they should be more rested

Dec 4, 2019, 7:40 PM

than Clemson

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,822
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic