Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Duke Fan Here
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

Duke Fan Here

Nov 18, 2018, 7:29 AM

Congrats on the win last night folks. I never entertained any real notion of us coming down there and beating you, but stranger things have happened, haven't they. I decided to join this site because when Clemson is not playing Duke, I pull for them. Mainly because they are the only school from the ACC that has a shot at the National title, plus, my Dad lived for many years in that area, and we got to see the kind of people you were, always helpful and courteous.
Our team, especially on defense has been decimated by injuries, we just are not the same team that beat Northwestern on the road and other early wins. Right now we gotta put this in the rear view mirror and beat Wake Forest, and then our bowl game. 9 and 4 ain't too bad is it? At least by our standards.
Basketball season is beginning,and we look forward to another great season (oh, thanks for Zion) and maybe this time we can take it all.
Anyway, congrats again, your team is simply too much for any other ACC school to handle, good luck going forward into the playoff.
Oh. Hope Renfro will be ok. Love that kid, he's a flat out warrior!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Duke Fan Here

Nov 18, 2018, 7:34 AM

Thanks. Nice post. I hope your guys that got hurt will be ok too. I always hate to see players get hurt because I know how hard they work to prepare and play. You guys had a good plan and the qb is a handful. Tough and talented. I think we all like and respect what Coach C is doing there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the jury is still out on getting Zion!***

Nov 18, 2018, 3:23 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Y’all have assembled the best college basketball team

Nov 18, 2018, 7:36 AM

that houses and jobs for Zion’s parents could buy. Congrats on not being caught.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Y’all have assembled the best college basketball team

Nov 18, 2018, 7:38 AM

You do realize that others are saying the same about us and our football team.

Oh yeah?

Nov 18, 2018, 7:41 AM

Where are the recordings? They have Zion’s dad on tape.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly!

Nov 18, 2018, 7:43 AM

If they gave my parents a job, a house and a nice $100K signing bonus, I'd be tempted to move to Kansas for a year. But, kudos to Zion's staff for striking a better deal with Duke.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh yeah?

Nov 18, 2018, 7:50 AM [ in reply to Oh yeah? ]

Not with Duke and Coach K. All I am saying is Coach K is a legend. Dabo is quickly becoming a legend. Players want to play for them. I just don't live in a world of hear say. I like to see proof. We are not that far removed from our Charlie Pell induced probation. I honestly believe we are doing things the correct way this time but, the probation memories are still there for me. So unless there is proof, I am not throwing stones at another program.

Go cheer for Duke.

Nov 18, 2018, 7:51 AM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/kansas/Article/Recording-featured-Kansas-assistant-Kurtis-Townsend-discussing-Zion-Williamson-123423077/Amp/

Re: Go cheer for Duke.

Nov 18, 2018, 8:09 AM

Where is there any evidence that Duke cheated? Are you suggesting that evidence that was inadmissible against a Kansas coach proves Duke cheats because Duke won his services over a team that may have had a conversation. Not sure I could take that leap nor would I post it on an open forum. I would like to know I am innocent until proven guilty and give others that same right.

So you’re saying

Nov 18, 2018, 8:18 AM

Zion and his dad turned down 100k and a house and jobs for free just to go play for the legendary coach k?

Nah, duke just outbid them

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So you’re saying

Nov 19, 2018, 6:48 PM

Y’all realize Zion will sign a multimillion dollar deal in one years time. He is a freak. 100k is chump change to what he will be looking at.

Re: Go cheer for Duke.

Nov 18, 2018, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Go cheer for Duke. ]

I am a Clemson girl to the core. Not going to "go cheer for Duke". Just like to be open minded, that s all. On another front, here is a post you and I can agree on.

"TIME TO CURB STOMP THE CHICKENS!!!!!!"

30 years ain't that far removed? My calendar must be broke.

Nov 18, 2018, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Oh yeah? ]

I gotta say I don't hear many Clemson fans bringing up our probation in the 80s. Much less in defense of another team.

That was 40 years ago. Step into the modern world. Geesh!!***

Nov 18, 2018, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh yeah? ]

Link?***

Nov 18, 2018, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Oh yeah? ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh yeah?

Nov 18, 2018, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Oh yeah? ]

To be fair, they do NOT have Zion’s dad on tape. It is a Kansas assistant coach. Accuracy matters.

Charitable donations by a church to needy families is not cheating.

Nov 18, 2018, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Y’all have assembled the best college basketball team ]

It’s the right thing to do.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Charitable donations by a church to needy families is not cheating.

Nov 18, 2018, 8:35 AM

Thanks for the laugh. I needed that.

Yeah, but one important difference, Einstein.

Nov 18, 2018, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Y’all have assembled the best college basketball team ]

The FBI isn't.

Nov 18, 2018, 7:36 AM

Thanks for the post. Your coach is a class act and always has his football team prepared to play. I only pull against him when we are playing his team.

As far as basketball goes, still too soon to utter the Z word around here.

Thank you Duke for being the only other ACC team to

Nov 18, 2018, 7:37 AM

Win any meaningful out of conference games. Best of luck rest of year, hope your team heals up and wins bowl game

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"oh, thanks for Zion"

Nov 18, 2018, 7:40 AM

You came here just to say that, didn't you. Grats on being clever enough to stick your shot in the middle of your message. :)

Congratulations to you on having a respectable football program. Cutcliffe is an awesome coach. I came to the night just to watch Cut coach. He was out-scheming Clemson all night long. Fortunately for us, we've got too many studs to stop us forever.

We'll see y'all on Jan. 5th. Hopefully, Zion will still be eligible to play college football once the investigation finishes.

Re: "oh, thanks for Zion"

Nov 18, 2018, 10:30 AM

Cut out schemed us for a quarter, maybe a quarter and a half. My numbers may be off a little, but one Tnet post said that duke's O made 127 yards in the first quarter and 135 in other 3 quarters. Duke's D gave up 35 points. Hardly numbers for being out schemed all night long.

Yeah, I hate to sound like a sore winner, but I think that's

Nov 18, 2018, 12:56 PM

the truth.

His team definitely came out with a great game plan but they got nearly half their yards in the first quarter. Classic BV defense adjusted and we were able to limit them pretty well. On offense, they did a fine job, but I have to say that we were getting in our own way too. TL went 21 for 38 and I'd say a majority of the 17 in-completions were unforced off-target passes or simply dropped.

I'm a big fan of Cut and his program. I just think we're not giving enough credit to our coaches that they were able to put the pieces together on defense quickly and called a lot of good plays on offense that just weren't executed.

null

Re: "oh, thanks for Zion"

Nov 18, 2018, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Re: "oh, thanks for Zion" ]

Those stats are accurate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2018, 7:58 AM

Thanks for the nice post.

My butt was puckered a little bit during the 1st half of the game. I was thinking "this is exactly the kind of game we could lose". It worked out, but your team came to play.

I'm a big fan of your HC. He has Duke playing good football year in and year out now, and your program is in good hands. I hope you guys win every game every year, except against us.

Dabo has us rolling for sure. We're thankful and fortunate, and that's probably still an understatement. After having watched the firing of Danny Ford, the Ken Hatfield debacle, and the Tommy West experiment as a Clemson student I'm savoring every moment. Did I mention the epic beatdowns FSU was putting on us during that time-span? Yeah, life is good.

Here's hoping you guys stomp UNC next week and win your bowl game. Best of luck!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2018, 10:10 PM

It's Wake next week. We took car of UNC last week..3 years in a row!

Nov 19, 2018, 6:33 AM

So it is, and so you did. Good luck with 'em!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2018, 8:45 AM

Who is Zion

Loved your post...

Nov 18, 2018, 8:52 AM

right up to the point where you mentioned your basketball team. I grew up loving Duke, but I've come to despise the elitism & cronyism. I despise it at UNC as well. Your two programs are actually the same. Anyone [even if it was Dabo] who cheats with impunity is the lowest sort of "leader". And to wrap it in self-righteous indignation, as Mike does, is even worse. I would never defend a Tiger coach who acted that way.

But I love Cutcliffe and have a lot of respect for what he is building. I will pull for him.

Re: Loved your post...

Nov 18, 2018, 9:13 AM

If it ever comes to light that Duke is cheating (like unc got caught doing) then my Duke gear would go in the trash and go find some orange stuff. I don't celebrate corruption, no matter from which quarter it comes from.And UNC? No way I could ever wear that shade of "sissy blue". Sorry bout the Zion blast folks. I know that's a sore spot. Shouldn't have said that, but my God, he's a freak!
Anyway, how is Renfro doing? Any word on that situation yet? Pray he's ok. I love players that give 100% all the time.

hope #34 is ok, he was playing his heart out in the 1st half***

Nov 18, 2018, 9:21 AM

Re: hope #34 is ok, he was playing his heart out in the 1st half***

Nov 18, 2018, 9:30 AM

Have not heard about Humphreys yet. Hope he will be back for the Wake game next week. If not, then the bowl game. We need that guy, he's a real beast.

I'll be glad when your QB graduates.

Nov 18, 2018, 12:33 PM

Imo, he's the most dangerous guy we faced this year and expect to have the same opinion when this is over. He's a real gem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2018, 12:56 PM

WE DIDNT WANT ZION ANYWAY! Lol kidding, but nice post. I've always had respect for Duke, especially since Cutcliffe is there. It's really cool that Peyton and Eli would go to Duke over the summer and work with him. Good luck on the rest of the season, I can pull for Duke in basketball now and not feel bad

Nov 18, 2018, 1:22 PM

After seeing how complimentary this post was....

How can any of you ###### bags have “TD’d” this post???

Show some class!!

Go Tigers!!!

Nov 18, 2018, 2:42 PM

Thank you Duke. I respect you far more than UNCheat.

Nov 18, 2018, 9:39 PM

Thanks. Glad to see other fan bases feel the way we do about UNCheat. Listen, is there any word yet on Renfro? I hear our guy Humphreys is most likely out for the Wake game. Hopefully back for the bowl game. I sure hope Renfro is ok. He is the kind of kid I wish we had here.
I feel like I need to say a few things about why I joined this site. My Dad was the GM of a couple of radio stations around the Greer-Greenville area. He was in radio all of his life, mainly in the Hendersonville NC region. He moved to SC in the 1970s, getting back to his roots where my Grandfather was from. I have many fond memories of visiting there, and meeting lots of Clemson alums. To a person, they were always friendly, and went out of their way to make us feel welcome.
So, I decided to adopt the tigers as my second team. (plus, orange is my wife's favorite color)
Add to that tigers are my favorite animal, one even adorns one of my credit cards!
I really didn't mean to stir up anything about the Zion comment, we are just so glad to have him in Durham. I had two friends from high school that every team in NC wanted, yet Joe and Jeff Bostic wound up at Clemson. So it goes both ways I guess.
Anyway, hope all of you here have a good Thanksgiving, and hope you bring the Title back to the ACC!

I always respect a Duke football fan

Nov 18, 2018, 9:44 PM

I am sure you are basketball as well, but 90% of your basketball fans (at least 90% of the ones that did not go to school there) are fans of another school in football. So when I see a Duke football fan, I always have to take my hat off to them.

Re: I always respect a Duke football fan

Nov 18, 2018, 9:57 PM

Yeah, got a friend at work that follows FSU in football. What's he thinking now??

Haha... No kidding.***

Nov 18, 2018, 10:17 PM

Nov 18, 2018, 10:06 PM

Welcome Dookie! I look forward to watching Zion Williamson break some of your equipment this year.

Nov 18, 2018, 10:12 PM

Frankly, I wanna see him tear down both rims in the Dean's Myth Center!

Nov 18, 2018, 10:18 PM

Great post. I really hope you enjoyed your trip here and was able to participate in the tailgating. Best of luck for the remainder of your season. I also wish you all well in BB unless you are playing Clemson.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Nov 18, 2018, 10:30 PM

Thanks. Wasn't at the game, but have been down there many times. Not looking forward to playing y'all, you always give us a hard time. Good luck the rest of the year...

Nov 19, 2018, 1:04 AM

Hey, Duke, Thanks.

Love Coach Cut. I really pull for you hard when you are not playing Clemson.

Do you pull for Clemson too in basketball? What do you think of our team with Reed, Mitchell, and Eli Thomas?

Nov 19, 2018, 11:32 AM

Zion should have been linebacker for this game at least. I mean they had a good run defense against us for this game but we still had over 200 rushing yards which was very quiet to me for some reason.

Nov 19, 2018, 12:13 PM

When it comes to basketball, I am a hardline Duke fan.

Only because Duke is our only chance at stopping those cheating b@stards in Chapel Hill.

Nov 19, 2018, 6:35 PM

Don't fret..We will.

Nov 19, 2018, 6:42 PM

Good luck beating Wake. If you do, it will be the first time this year an ACC team won against an ACC team the week after they went through a Tiger beatdown.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2018, 8:31 PM

Maybe we will be the first...

Nov 20, 2018, 12:05 AM

Thanks Duke Fan! You've got a hel-o-a team and your QB is quite worthy of NFL Praise...

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic