Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
offensive philosophy next season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

offensive philosophy next season

Jan 2, 2018, 1:16 AM

ok, so I know one game where the offense didn't show up isn't going to change how we do it. for the season we had 3297 total passing yards on 470 attempts, which comes out at 7.01 yards per attempt. below the college football average. we had 2717 total rushing yards on 588 attempts, which is 4.7 yards per attempt. before the Alabama game, we averaged 5.5 yards per play, so that probably went down (stats are probably not 100% right but close). I know our style consists of throwing the short passes and playing conservative, I get that, but we have too much talent at our skill positions to not have a game plan that takes into account most of our players strengths. the past few years, our plan was to throw 35-40 times a game and our offenses easily broke 500 yards most games. this year, however, our offense only eclipsed 500 yards 3 times this year (Kent st, citadel, Louisville). look at teams like ucf, Oklahoma state, and others who have the downfield attack that is very successful, but they have less talent than us. Our defense has been good enough a majority of this seasons to bail our offensive struggles out, but I'm sure most of us want to go far next year and change the scheme to involve more of the long passes that we are usually accustomed to.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: offensive philosophy next season

Jan 2, 2018, 1:25 AM

He can't throw the ball downfield
Got to have a different QB.

Jan 2, 2018, 1:27 AM

^^^this. Let’s play offense with a qb next year

Jan 2, 2018, 1:30 AM

2 words

Trevor Lawrence

Jan 2, 2018, 2:13 AM

Play the QB who is the most confident, calm, and collective. I don't care which one. There will be one. We have too many parts to not have one who not only trust himself but all the parts. The X-Factor in the passing game will be Tee's emergence, imo. His progression will make everyone that much better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 1:37 AM

The OL must block better for us to be productive... Bammas Left DE came in untouched 3 times... Our RT was blocking down and we left #33 untouched...

Jan 2, 2018, 2:28 AM

I was mad at KB2 most of the game, especially after that second interception as it was all buf over... but our offensive line? Geez. They got manhandled for 3/4 of that game. And there isn’t a quarterback on the roster, Trevor Lawrence in all his glory included, that could have made anything happen with that disgraceful protection and lame ### playcalling. I think KB2 mentally checked out after his earful from coach on the sideline. And the coaches should have picked up on that, spared us the 14 point handout to our opponent and made a change. We missed Tre Lamar, still never got any explanation as to why he didn’t play a single snap, especially when the chips were down, but it’s too late to care. 12-2 is beyond admirable for a “rebuilding year”. But Kelly, as much as I love him, isn’t the guy I want under center when we are down by 20 with 10 minutes to play. Once we start slinging the ball in 2018, be it Hunter or Trevor or whomever, it is going to open our offense wide up and we’ll be posting Oklahoma numbers. I’m over the 6 yard passes and predictable quarterback draws and screens behind stacked receivers. Change gon’ come in 2018 and we are only going to get better. (Assuming the OL and playcallers learn some hard lessons from tonight’s loss).

And Deon? You’d be wise to come back. Ray Ray, I applaud you for making your decision tonight. Austin, Clelin, Mitch - we need you three also. I hope you see the importance in your name on the roster and all that you mean to this team.

Go Tigers.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic