Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Clemson gets an invite to the NIT, do we accept?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 2,471

If Clemson gets an invite to the NIT, do we accept?

Mar 7, 2017, 11:32 AM

As an ACC team, I feel the NIT is beneath us. It's almost an insult for an ACC team to be invited, IMHO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: If Clemson gets an invite to the NIT, do we accept?

Mar 7, 2017, 11:33 AM

that would be like accepting a birmingham bowl invite - so, no

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

When you brag about bass fishing and horseback riding....

Mar 7, 2017, 11:39 AM

The Birmingham Bowl is SuperBowl-esque.....

hth

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: When you brag about bass fishing and horseback riding....

Mar 7, 2017, 11:42 AM

the halftime show at birmingham bowl is out of sight - big production. lots of clowns and barrels. its a real treat

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

So you're saying, for the coots, the trip is definitely

Mar 7, 2017, 11:45 AM

worth it.....

Instead of jumping off a bridge after losing to Clemson AGAIN.

null

Re: So you're saying, for the coots, the trip is definitely

Mar 7, 2017, 11:51 AM

no, they still should jump off the bridge after the birmingham bowl

That was a test. Good answer....***

Mar 7, 2017, 12:00 PM

null

thanks - kind of winged it there

Mar 7, 2017, 12:02 PM

wasn't sure what would happen

What about hermaphroditic chickens magically appearing

Mar 7, 2017, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Re: When you brag about bass fishing and horseback riding.... ]

in a jail cell?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

FM, stop being selfish. It gives our players another game..

Mar 7, 2017, 11:37 AM

...but it does delay naming our new coach. So, never mind....you're right

null

this lady gets it***

of course.....you don't turn down an NIT invite***

Mar 7, 2017, 11:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: of course.....you don't turn down an NIT invite***

Mar 7, 2017, 12:56 PM

Whether or not we like it, Clemson needs to accept an invite just to give Clemson a chance at a championship while giving players more experience. Brownell will be reviewed regardless.

Go Tigers!

We SHOULD be better than a NIT team

Mar 7, 2017, 11:41 AM

However, we're not.

We've been more of a frequent NIT participant than a NCAA participant, so we should not act all high and mighty.

At this point, we are better than a NIT paticipant. There might even be non-ACC teams in the NIT that are better than our team right now.

So until we get serious with having a winning basketball program, we should accept every opportunity there is to get added exposure.

I think it's an easy decision to decline. We are too good for the NIT they need us more than we need them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2017, 11:45 AM

Even though I agree with you, we won't turn it down. We'll give bb a chance to win it (imo) and then if he does, we keep him another year, if he bombs out, he's gone this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2017, 11:46 AM
mj.png(43.9 K)

Must a slow morning on Tigernet. This should be fun! Thank you Francis you always can liven things up!??

this is one of the dumbest posts and the responses are

Mar 7, 2017, 11:53 AM

ridiculous. Whether you or anyone else thinks the NIT is beneath us or worthless doesn't matter. The fact is teams rarely turn down NIT bids. Probably once every 5 years or so and it's either a truly elite program- I mean top 5 type program or there are serious external factors that drive the decision.

Of course we accept. Now the other 2 tourneys that have popped up in the last 10 years......no. I think only 1 ACC team has ever accepted an invite to one of those.

^^^Found juan...***

Mar 7, 2017, 12:00 PM

null

and there it is***

Mar 7, 2017, 12:03 PM [ in reply to this is one of the dumbest posts and the responses are ]

It's the only thing that will allow DRad and Brownell to

Mar 7, 2017, 11:54 AM

claim progress has been made and allow DRad to justify keeping him on another year. When you've only been to two postseason tournaments in 7 years and none for the last two, you have to accept the bid or you don't have any tangible evidence of progress.

So, yes, we will accept.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is in his 7th year year now and we are going to play in

Mar 7, 2017, 12:20 PM

another postseason tournament, so it's not 2, it's 3

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we don't accept it's only two.

Mar 7, 2017, 12:21 PM

Woosh!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you JUST said we WOULD accept, so it's 3***

Mar 7, 2017, 12:31 PM

LOL!

Mar 7, 2017, 12:41 PM

I enjoy these discussion with you that only serve to highlight how little Coach Brownell has achieved at Clemson.

You always seem to miss that point.

you miscounted, that was the point***

Mar 7, 2017, 12:52 PM

You've come a long way with your math. ;)

Mar 7, 2017, 12:56 PM

I'm proud of you.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

I was always an expert counter

Mar 7, 2017, 12:57 PM

at least up to 21... then it gets tricky

18 and up is all that matters.***

Mar 7, 2017, 12:58 PM

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Nope. Wrong again.

Mar 7, 2017, 1:18 PM [ in reply to you miscounted, that was the point*** ]

The OP asked if we would choose to play in a future NIT. To play in a third tournament or not to play. That's the decision DRad may have on Sunday, at which point we will have played in only two (2) tournaments under Coach Brownell.

Thus, my response: "When you've only been to two postseason tournaments in 7 years and none for the last two, you have to accept the bid."

HTH.

I guess you keep overlooking the fact that Shack pointed out

Mar 7, 2017, 1:31 PM

This is Year 7. He's had 2 postseason tournaments in 6 completed years to date....

Now YOU'VE confused him too***

Mar 7, 2017, 1:38 PM

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight***

Mar 7, 2017, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Nope. Wrong again. ]

Real Question is............

Mar 7, 2017, 12:01 PM

Does Brownell get an extension with an NIT bid?

Re: Real Question is............

Mar 7, 2017, 12:12 PM

As I posted above, I think he has to win it... or at least be in the finals. imo if he's 1 and done, he's gone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Real Question is............

Mar 7, 2017, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Real Question is............ ]

He is getting an extension or fired. He only had 3 years left on his contract so D Rad has to make a decision either way. You simply can't have a coach with less than 4 years left on his deal and still try to recruit.

Do you even like sports? I'm guessing you know

Mar 7, 2017, 12:22 PM

A lot about baseball given all star pitcher and all (which I respect more than all star catcher for obvious reasons). However maybe you should leave the basketball to those who know basketball. Like bob . . .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only thing he knows about basketball is defense, primarily

Mar 7, 2017, 12:26 PM

man-to-man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Only thing he knows about basketball is defense, primarily

Mar 7, 2017, 12:28 PM

pretty much invites them to set a pick and go back door.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was always good on d, because of my ability/willingness

Mar 7, 2017, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Only thing he knows about basketball is defense, primarily ]

to pack the shooter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

your d is all up in their

Mar 7, 2017, 12:51 PM

face - that's a good technique. when you "slip" into position for the back door, do they mop floor immediately?

signed,

DefensiveTackleU

Yes.***

Mar 7, 2017, 1:00 PM

null

I dunno, I heard you got scored on a lot.

Mar 7, 2017, 1:04 PM [ in reply to I was always good on d, because of my ability/willingness ]

And hear you had trouble double dribbling when you traveled.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2017, 12:24 PM

SMH never go full snowtown.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Never heard of her.***

Mar 7, 2017, 12:27 PM

We're not real serious about competing in the ACC, when

Mar 7, 2017, 12:30 PM

Basketball isn't 3rd priority it might be an insult, as it stands now, we're in no place to turn down postseason bids

Re: We're not real serious about competing in the ACC, when

Mar 7, 2017, 12:32 PM

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Mar 7, 2017, 12:47 PM

Yes

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Mar 7, 2017, 1:34 PM

It would be the only way Brad could win 20 games

Mar 7, 2017, 2:17 PM

Why NOT play? Who do you think we are UNC?

Replies: 49
| visibility 2,471
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic