Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Rodriguez invited to Presidential Inauguration
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Rodriguez invited to Presidential Inauguration

Jan 21, 2013, 1:01 PM

Rodriguez invited to Presidential Inauguration

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

D-Rod, tell the President we need that 2% payroll tax back!

Jan 21, 2013, 1:03 PM

Congrats young man!

So proud of him that he decided to pass on it.***

Jan 21, 2013, 1:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So proud of him that he decided to pass on it

Jan 21, 2013, 1:16 PM

I'd have gone. regardless of politics those opportunities dont come around every day

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So proud of him that he decided to pass on it

Jan 21, 2013, 1:22 PM

If it meant a seat at that luncheon, I dang well would have gone. That would be a view of Washington you'd never get any other way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Some things you just don't compromise. I thought

Jan 21, 2013, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: So proud of him that he decided to pass on it ]

better of you.

Re: Some things you just don't compromise. I thought

Jan 21, 2013, 1:54 PM

wow, I'm just sooo.... disappointed. (sarcasm)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would have gone to W(t#)'s inaugural, and have been

Jan 23, 2013, 7:51 AM [ in reply to Re: So proud of him that he decided to pass on it ]

gracious to boot. However, I respect his decision. He may well be getting sick of the limelight, and California has much better weather this time of year.

Dude, you don't even no what his political view points are..

Jan 21, 2013, 1:24 PM [ in reply to So proud of him that he decided to pass on it.*** ]

and you're saying your proud of him for passing up. Bad try at projecting your own political view point on some one you don't even know.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pot calling the kettle.....

Jan 21, 2013, 4:27 PM

Where did he say he was proud of him due to political affiliation?

Are you a mind reader?

Not sure how you could KNOW what he meant in such an open statement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

LOL. I think most knew what he meant.***

Jan 21, 2013, 4:32 PM

You misspelled "black hole."***

Jan 23, 2013, 3:57 PM [ in reply to pot calling the kettle..... ]

This was for anonymous above you.***

Jan 23, 2013, 3:58 PM

Re: Dude, you don't even no what his political view points are..

Jan 22, 2013, 12:57 AM [ in reply to Dude, you don't even no what his political view points are.. ]

Read his tweet...two days in Washington would not mess him up in working out for the big title next year. D-Rod is an ex-solider...very easy to know what he believes.

Re: Dude, you don't even no what his political view points are..

Jan 22, 2013, 4:47 PM

Just out of curiosity, how does someone being an ex-soldier mean that someone has a particular political preference?

Reading and watching interviews...

Jan 23, 2013, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Dude, you don't even no what his political view points are.. ]

I'm pretty #### sure his views aren't what the people here would like them to be.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't have blamed him for going, but sure do admire the

Jan 21, 2013, 1:14 PM

commitment to Clemson!!!

The definition of awesome!

This young man is so very impressive

Jan 21, 2013, 1:23 PM

So glad he is a tiger. Can't ever get enough leadership like that.

Re: Football Player Update: Rodriguez invited to Presidential Inauguration

Jan 21, 2013, 1:31 PM

william Faulkner turned down an invite from J.F. Kennedy when all the living Noble Prize winner were invited to the White House. Faulkner said it was too far to go just for dinner. So, Lt. Dan is in pretty good company.

Maybe I don't know the whole story but...

Jan 21, 2013, 2:24 PM

...DR should know to put country ahead of football, school, etc. I am amazed at how this true hero turned his back on the POTUS for a workout. Again I hope I don't know the whole story, he may have good reasons, but to have the chance to witness history and be a part of an event that represents the greatness of this country that he helped defend is beyond me. Aside from a sick relative there really is no other excuse especially for a service man like himself. Lets not congratulate this kid for picking Clemson and a workout over country. Immature move IMHO.

Maybe he doesn't like Obama...

Jan 21, 2013, 2:53 PM

I agree that it would be an honor to be invited by the POTUS to anything, but maybe he has strong feelings against Obama...it is immature to turn it down, but its his choice.

DR is mature beyond his years. Why attend something

Jan 21, 2013, 3:16 PM

you don't agree with if in fact that was the case? That is not being immature. In fact it is the opposite in that it shows he is a guy that stands by his convictions whether people agree or disagree with them. Why do something that goes against what you believe in for the sake of appearance?

ReI would not want to be caught dead anywhere near him.***

Jan 21, 2013, 4:05 PM

Then it's even less mature. This isn't about politics.***

Jan 23, 2013, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Maybe he doesn't like Obama... ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only "good reason" that DR needs is....

Jan 21, 2013, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Maybe I don't know the whole story but... ]

...that he is a free man and reserves the right to make such decisions for himself. Period.

Wow - judge much, oh holy one ? You have no clue.***

Jan 21, 2013, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Maybe I don't know the whole story but... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Maybe, Rocky, just maybe....

Jan 22, 2013, 9:28 AM

...DR's not an ass-licker, you like, and doesn't see President Obama as someone to be worshipped. Obama is after all "only" the president, and not our king. If you believe otherwise, it's you that doesn't have a clue, not me.

Why don't you go tell him that.

Jan 22, 2013, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Maybe I don't know the whole story but... ]

Very immature of you to tell a soldier he isn't putting his country ahead of something.

He put his life on the line for me and you.

holy crap are you serious?

Jan 28, 2013, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Maybe I don't know the whole story but... ]

How is it "turning his back on the country"? Many here might consider it turning his back on the country to attend such an event. Politics aside, this guy was invited, didn't want to go. end of story. How the hell can you claim he is turning his back on his country. This kid has done more for the country that Obama ever has. Shame on you for casting stones like that. You should grow up over your transparent love for the anointed one.

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

I think Faulker is considered an Ole Miss guy...

Jan 21, 2013, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Rodriguez invited to Presidential Inauguration ]

that comment may ruffle some feathers amongst our newly hated rival.

Re: I think Faulker is considered an Ole Miss guy...

Jan 21, 2013, 6:50 PM

Faulkner was a smart guy....he once said he'd drink scotch only if there was nothing else. once out in Hollywood when he was asked who were the five best writers in America he said....(something like)
"Thomas Wolfe, Willa Cather, Ernest Hemingway, F.Scott Fitzgerald, and me." His inquirer observed...."oh, are you a writer Mr. Faulkner?" Faulkner replied...."Why yes, and what do you do Mr. Gable?"

I believe the Tiger Plane is available that day for a quick

Jan 21, 2013, 2:38 PM

trip up and back. = )

It is none of our business whether or not DR should have

Jan 21, 2013, 3:32 PM

accepted the invitation. The guy has done enough to earn our noses removed from his business. Let's get the hell out of this man's business.

Personally, (and this has nothing to do with my original point) I wouldn't accept the invite either because Mr. Prez has decided to put himself in between me and my right to own the sort of self defense equipment I prefer. President Obama has jumped on the emotional brain-dead gun-phobia bandwagon. I had hoped he would abstain, but the political usefulness of massacred children proved too luring.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not our business? He tweeted it.***

Jan 21, 2013, 4:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Well, we're just discussing it on a message board - so we're

Jan 21, 2013, 4:29 PM [ in reply to It is none of our business whether or not DR should have ]

not all up in his business, I don't think. I don't think any of us plan on calling him or faxing him about it or anything...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's dumb to judge his actions when we don't know why

Jan 21, 2013, 10:46 PM

he made the decision. He obviously has reasons he did not disclose [unless you actually believe it was really workouts] which makes us all hopelessly unqualified to judge the situation.

Jan 21, 2013, 6:13 PM

This man is great! Love D Rod

Sounds like he may have just been joking about the invite*****

Jan 21, 2013, 6:22 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2013_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Regardless of his reasons i'm really glad we didn't

Jan 21, 2013, 6:46 PM

get Obama's face and CU mixed together in a lot of news stories or pictures. about 75% of us agree we don't want that kind of publicity.

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Jan 21, 2013, 6:57 PM

What happened was...Obama asked one of the underlings....or rather one of O's underlings asked one of their underlings to do a google of potential invites that would make O look like a man of the underlings and Lt. Dan's name came up. It was easy pickings for O and maybe might improve his image among the retards in the upstate. Just more sell the lie of O.....hardly a personalized invite.

Jan 21, 2013, 7:28 PM

Supersmart guy! Glad he's a Tiger!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My brother was invited too. He said "Thanks but no thanks".

Jan 21, 2013, 8:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2013, 12:55 AM

Good for him!!!! More power to D-Rod!!!

Jan 22, 2013, 2:02 AM

D-Rod is a grown man. I do not see this as duty or lack of respect. He does not owe any POTUS more than he has already given.

History?

Jan 22, 2013, 3:15 AM

Earlier poster showed there true colors when they said a chance to witness history! This is the worst President in modern history!! Maybe that's what ya meant aye? I support his decision!!! Nobama wants to appear centrist when clearly he isn't , so why be his tool!! Great call by DR!!!

now that is a good decision..way to go D-Rod!!***

Jan 22, 2013, 8:39 AM

How can DR not be your favorite Tiger?...

Jan 22, 2013, 9:14 AM

can't wait to cheer for his first career TD!

Awesome.. just incredible

Jan 22, 2013, 10:33 AM

How big of a sack must one have to tell the President of the United States, "No, I gotta work out in the morning, I can't come see you"

Awesome - Unlike our "President" he has priorities***

Jan 22, 2013, 12:49 PM

Water the Point Tree

Re: Awesome - Unlike our "President" he has priorities***

Jan 22, 2013, 4:52 PM

I think you just disagree with our president's priorities, but that's ok.

This has to be the funniest thread I`ve ever seen

Jan 22, 2013, 1:05 PM

Is this the sequel to Grumpier Old Men?
It's amazing how people try to force their beliefs,politics and religion on other people.
To turn this thread into a Obama hate/gun control thread shows the ignorance of all involved.

Re: This has to be the funniest thread I`ve ever seen

Jan 22, 2013, 4:54 PM

I don't see where anyone turned this into an Obama hate/gun control thread. Just people posting their opinions. Do you have one or do you just like to criticize people who do?

Re: This has to be the funniest thread I`ve ever seen

Jan 23, 2013, 6:38 PM [ in reply to This has to be the funniest thread I`ve ever seen ]

Where is the gun control comment? I've read through this thread several times and have not seen it.

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic