Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's gonna be funny when ND is left out of the playoffs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,470

It's gonna be funny when ND is left out of the playoffs

Oct 10, 2018, 6:28 PM

They'll be undefeated and so will Clemson but because we'll have crushed Miami to win the ACC we'll have a conference championship and will get the nod for the playoffs.

Then ND can ponder if they want to be a full member of the ACC and beg to get in.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or any 1 loss CONF champ over ND

Oct 10, 2018, 6:32 PM

that 13th game should matter. .screw you Bama and OSU

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: It's gonna be funny when ND is left out of the playoffs

Oct 10, 2018, 6:37 PM

I hope that Notre Dame never makes the playoff over a conference champion. They should have never been allowed to join the ACC with their current arrangement.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2018, 6:39 PM

You're funny because Notre Dame ain't going to beg to join anything.
But don't be angry if somehow they do get in, and we don't. Of all of the undefeated teams right now, Notre Dame is the one team I fear the most knocking us out of the playoffs. And it is a possibility, may not a high possibility, but one that cannot be overlooked.

little maf for ya... 13-0 >>>> 12-0***

Oct 10, 2018, 6:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 10, 2018, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: It's gonna be funny when ND is left out of the playoffs ]

What are you going to think if ND gets in over a 1 lose UGA or bama?

You are correct! If the CFP released a ranking THIS week...

Oct 10, 2018, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Re: It's gonna be funny when ND is left out of the playoffs ]

Notre Dame would probably be ranked ahead of us, along with Bama, OhSt & UGA. We would probably be sitting in 5th.
Now, I don't think that will be the case, after beating NC State and winning the ACC CG. I also think UGA will have a loss before getting to the SEC CG, so losing that game to Bama will eliminate them.

As I have mentioned in another post, a bad scenario would be Bama blowing through the rest of their regular season, than losing a close SEC CG to an undefeated UGA. I don't think UGA will be undefeated at that point, nor will they beat BAMA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

notre dame isn't getting in over an undefeated clemson.

Oct 10, 2018, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Re: It's gonna be funny when ND is left out of the playoffs ]

it just is not going to happen. Just like Alabama would not have gotten in if Wisconsin had simply managed to win their championship game.

Oct 10, 2018, 6:45 PM

The first CFB poll on 10/30 could be very interesting and somewhat revealing of the early thoughts of the committee. If we are ahead of ND in that poll then I feel good that if we both win out, we will get the nod. If the committee has ND jump us in that first poll, then it tells me we better hope they lose between then and the final poll.

I agree with you that an undefeated regular season and conference championship should trump anything ND does but I don't trust the human element in these polls.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2018, 6:52 PM

If we both win out, Both ND and Clemson will be in the playoffs.

again.. 13-0 >>> 12-0***

Oct 10, 2018, 6:56 PM

Oct 10, 2018, 7:02 PM [ in reply to Re: It's gonna be funny when ND is left out of the playoffs ]

They love the SEC and also Big 10 and Big 12. If Alabama and Georgia are both undefeated going into the SEC championship and they play a close game, they will give them both serious consideration based on SOS vs both Clemson and ND. If OSU goes undefeated and wins the conference championship then they are only going to select one between us and ND and we should still get the nod. And, we better hope someone beats WVU because if they are undefeated as well then it really gets interesting.

Guys, this whole thing will work out fabulously

Oct 10, 2018, 7:36 PM

SEC CG - Alabama or Georgia out
Clemson- has to be undefeated through ACC CG to be in.
ND - has to be undefeated
OSU - win B10

Easy - there are no other teams vying.

NCS - even if they win out would not get in over undefeated ND - we would

If Conf champs are available, no need to take a second SEC team.

GO TIGERS and win out - our pedigree puts us in, care less about other 3 teams.

Re: Guys, this whole thing will work out fabulously

Oct 10, 2018, 7:42 PM

Not quite so easy if WVA is undefeated including a win over TX in the regular season and beats OU for the conference championship.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,470
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic