Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
not that it really matters terrible officiating
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,086

not that it really matters terrible officiating

Nov 25, 2018, 11:30 PM

The coaches and players can't say anything as it comes across as excuses,but I can.

We won by 21, it's over. The penalties called were heavily favored for the coots. I know as a fan it's difficult to be unbiased, I was at the game, and there was fog, etc. I re-watched the game tonight and the ref's were terrible. For example the pass interference call on 3rd down in the 4th quarter against Donnelly was total BS, and even the announcers agreed with that. That bad call lead to them scoring a TD. The Amari Rodgers offensive pass interference where he made a normal good cut back and they called a push off where we would have scored a TD. The multiple holds we all saw by their o-line, I don't think they called O-line holding against them the entire game. I can't remember any calls against the coots that weren't obvious and unquestionable fouls.

We can move on with our lives and can on go win a NATTY. But I wonder if there are any checks and balances in the system to review this and grade ref's to see if any corrective actions need to be taken. These ref's have a tough job and it's easy to judge from the couch, but come on man! We can all recall the ex-coot grad ref who called the phantom holding call against us that cost us the game

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not that it really matters terrible officiating

Nov 26, 2018, 6:43 AM

First off it doesn't really matter as you say, but if I recall now, Rodgers did push off. But the point you are missing is that both pass interference calls and even offensive holding calls" could" be called on a lot of plays. It's a "judgment" call made in the heat of the game. But they can review them, and do in a lot of cases.
Add to it, the Refs are human, and they make bad calls, but some of those calls can go in "your" favor. As to checks, and balances, a coach can challenge some, but not all calls, and I think they can send film to the League office if they feel it warranted.

Lasik/Orange Crew on their way...

Nov 26, 2018, 6:55 AM

w/ insightful rebuttal.

"Rodgers did push off"...? BS, as usual.***

Nov 26, 2018, 7:10 AM [ in reply to Re: not that it really matters terrible officiating ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not that it really matters terrible officiating

Nov 26, 2018, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Re: not that it really matters terrible officiating ]

Sending tape of the refs to the “league office” would be great if they were ACC refs. The refs for this rivalry game come from the conference of the visiting team. Doubt the SEC office would give two sh!ts about your complaint.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,086
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic