Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Im not sure who to pull for. I would like Ohio state to win
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Im not sure who to pull for. I would like Ohio state to win

Jan 2, 2015, 1:54 PM

But urban Meyer is the coach. Then I'd like to see mariota and oregons head coach win it all but then oregon has some of the most arrogant and classlrds players and fans and I do not want to see all the bandwagoners decked out in oregons highlighter colors. God knows the coots have already ordered their oregon hats and shirts. I guess I'll pull for Ohio state since we beat them with their starter and pro level talent all over the field and it would be nice to see a guy who had no chance to play show out and win it all. Thoughts? I imagine the board will be divided on this one. Im just happy the entire sec will be watching at home and we laid the beat down of a decade on oklahoma.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Classless*

Jan 2, 2015, 1:55 PM

Not classlrds or whatever the helll my phone typed.

Not Ohio State. Pull for Oregon.

Jan 2, 2015, 2:05 PM

Reasons why?

RECRUITING. We do not compete with Oregon for recruits, but we do head to head with Ohio State - all over the East Coast.

Ohio State fans are just as arrogant. My brother lives in Columbus, and he HATES those fans. Visit Columbus, and there are two flags flying there and bumper stickers. Ohio State, and the Union.

Oregon, more than Ohio State, will help dispell the "SEC is superior" BS. They are a party crasher. Ohio State is not because they have been there before. Like Alabama, Texas, S. Cal, Notre Dame, and a few others, they ALWAYS get the benefit of the doubt. How many times has a one loss Oregon team been ranked behind one loss SEC, and other traditional powers with one loss? Lots.

And, lastly, Urban Meyer is the Ohio State coach. Do I need to say more?

I honestly didn't think of it that way. I honestly think the

Jan 2, 2015, 2:38 PM

Damage is done and Ohio state recruiting will still be the same as if they win the championship because they beat bama and have shown they can win with about anyone and urban Meyer always recruits really well even though he's a snake. But still I think youve swayed me. Really I just want a good game. I never thought Id say it but Ohio state isn't going to have it as easy as they did with the bama secondary against oregon. Regardless of what happens im very pleased with the end of this season and the only thing that could make it better is for the coors to lose to Miami but it is kind of funny watching them beat their chests over barely beating one of the worst teams in the acc they always call weak and say is no match for any sec team. They'll be back to their dumpster fire when mark fields puts on that orange hat.

Very good points, 89tigergrad

Jan 2, 2015, 9:14 PM [ in reply to Not Ohio State. Pull for Oregon. ]

Although Oregon now has moneybags Knight behind them, and some damm ugly unis, I have no intention of pulling for the traditional and arrogant powers like OhSt, ND, USC, et al. Do you really think we would make the playoff with the exact same resume as OhSt had this year? Nope, they got the nod over Baylor, mainly because of their history. We would be in the same boat as Baylor & TCU. When selecting playoff teams, history should not mean squat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For sure Oregan cause of recruiting***

Jan 2, 2015, 2:09 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

not sure what Duck fans you've been around

Jan 2, 2015, 2:15 PM

I have been to Eugene and Autzen twice as well as their away games at LA Coliseum and Stanford and they are the best fans outside of Clemson I have ever been around. Autzen and that town are very similar to Clemson: rural, beautiful campus with loud, passionate fans who like to tailgate and raise hell for their team. Don't get fooled by the unis. Those folks are a heck of lot like Clemson people, trust me. I hope Oregon rolls OSU and don't even want it close.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been around ones on the east coast and they're awful

Jan 2, 2015, 2:43 PM

But that's only because they're bandwagon fans and most likely coots. I thought I put that in the original post but I must have skipped it. My main reason I wouldn't want oregon to win is I don't want to see a bunch of coots talking ##### in Oregon hear but if Ohio state wins they'll just wear that. I had heard from friends in California that they're bar but two are at ucla and the others are real usc fans so it was probably biased. All I've seen if oregon fans are the trolls on the Internet, bandwagoners here, and what I heard from her people but if you say they aren't bad I'll bekieve you and just blame coots for giving oregon a bad name.

all fan bases have a lunatic fringe

Jan 2, 2015, 2:50 PM

and I wouldn't listen to any UCLA or Trojan fans' take on the Duck fanbase. They detest each other...lol, especially Trojan fans. Trojan fans have a blueblooded fan base. Little known fact about that school is that it is a VERY expensive private school who have some big money alums rolling to the Coliseum in Bentley's and Rolls. You should see the parking lot/tailgate area, it looks like a Hollywood movie screening. They along with Washington look at Oregon as country hills rednecks that only have football to cheer about because the school is tucked away in the country of green Oregon. One of the three prettiest campuses I have ever been on in my life and the greenest place in the US I have ever been. If a person isn't a Duck alum back east i'd chalk them up as bandwagon fans, hands down, unless they grew up out there.

Re: not sure what Duck fans you've been around

Jan 2, 2015, 2:53 PM [ in reply to not sure what Duck fans you've been around ]

Well why are they so dang liberal politically?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can't speak for that but what i can tell you from going

Jan 2, 2015, 3:01 PM

to their games and tailgating with them I can tell you that the majority of them are flannel shirts, jeans, boots, Oregon sweatshirt, Oregon raggedy baseball hat, beer drinking, liquor sipping fans that make Autzen stadium an ear splitting experience, especially at a night game. The Stanford game last year and the Trojan game last year were away games and their fans almost took the place over. I don't care about their politics, I just know that they were a heck of a good bunch of folks to party with.

I've spent a lot of time on the west coast

Jan 2, 2015, 2:49 PM

your experience with Oregon fans and my experience is different. USC = university of spoiled children, but Oregon fans are okay.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've spent a lot of time on the west coast

Jan 2, 2015, 2:58 PM

I fly two flags each weekend of football season: Clemson, for me...and Oregon, for my $on and all the $$ I $pent! LOL! Eugene, Autzen, and that campus are outstanding!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...so you know of what i'm speaking of

Jan 2, 2015, 3:04 PM

a great college town, beautiful place, and talk about raising hell in that stadium....it's no joke up there. I truly believe most folks think that because of the uniforms, Eugene and the Duck program must me a bunch of silver spooners that worship Phil Knight and Nike. The truth is they cash his checks but those people are rural, blue collar outdoors type folks that talk more about hunting, fishing, etc., than I do and I grew up in SC.

Re: Im not sure who to pull for. I would like Ohio state to win

Jan 2, 2015, 3:04 PM

I'm torn between the two as well. A friend of mine since high school moved down here from Ohio prob 20 yrs ago, he and his family used to be Ohio st fans but when tressel was the coach they got mad when they lost a few of those big games and gave up on them. After that they did the unthinkable, yea, they are coot fans now. They sport the ugly t-shirts, bumper stickers, grill covers, all that garb. So that would be awesome if osu won for that reason. But on the other hand I like Mariota, I like some of the ducks uniforms they have worn before, but not all. We don't recruit against them. So, either way I could look on the bright side.

Go DUCKS

Jan 2, 2015, 3:24 PM

Oregon-45
OSU-35

Urban Meyer is scum (remember CJ?)

Jan 2, 2015, 4:04 PM

It seems every 4 & 5 star recruit from the Southeast that is considering Clemson also has Ohio State in their top 5. Urban Meyer is pushing hard in the Southeast, we don't need him winning a NC.

We don't really compete with Oregon for recruits, although it's surprising how many top recruits from the SE do include Oregon on their list, I just don't see them as a real threat.

I hope Oregon wins by 50 and humiliates Urban and the arrogant Buckeye nation.

Go with Oregon because ...

Jan 2, 2015, 9:02 PM

... historic coincidence.

An Oregon win makes "OREGON" the trivia answer to the question "Which College teams won the initial NCAA Basketball Tournament AND the NCAA Football Tournament?"

Oregon all the way!

Jan 2, 2015, 9:08 PM

And I hope it's a blowout. Just one more jab at the SEC (and a little sympathy for the ACC).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic