Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Buchholz Named to Lou Groza List
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 892

Aug 25, 2008, 4:58 PM

The award is presented to the best collegiate place-kicker. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1 word: HOW!!!!??***

Aug 25, 2008, 6:05 PM

not so hard when nearly 1/3 of all 1-A kickers are on list***

Aug 25, 2008, 6:47 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1 word: HOW!!!!??***

Aug 26, 2008, 11:21 AM [ in reply to 1 word: HOW!!!!??*** ]

I fully expect mark to have a better season this year as a result of not having to go to nearly as much class, not to mention train with the soccer team for 2 hours a day and play full 90 min matches the day before football games. The kid handled himself with the utmost class last year and the fact that he didn't use fatigue as an excuse for misses is a credit to his character...but c'mon- he HAD to be tired. I've trained under Trevor- and to think about pounding a 40+ yarder with any sort of accuracy when your legs are shot from a tough soccer season is INSANE...

Hopefully he'll only have to kick PATs & KOs-- lots of them!***

Aug 25, 2008, 8:24 PM

I dont see how, he sucked last year!!***

Aug 26, 2008, 4:10 PM

Re: I dont see how, he sucked last year!!***

Aug 26, 2008, 9:30 PM

Great way to motivate your team. Buchholz was good last year, his strong leg had Bowden trying kicks most college coaches don't try, which lowered his %, but he was solid inside of 40 and on kickoffs. If you count the extra points, field goal attempts (and the 3 FG's he had to kick twice due to penalty) - he kicked nearly 90 tries, with no blocks. How quickly people forget that in previous years our FG unit was an offensive play for the opponents (giving up points), and we lost a huge game on a blocked PAT. It was his first year of real football, and he was on the team because the coaches had confidence in him as our best chance to make the kicks. They have him on the Groza list because they see potential for a big year. I was glad he was kicking after the USC game. Try to be positive, he is a class act, academic all ACC in 2 sports, already graduated, and gave an awful lot to Clemson last year.

Re: I dont see how, he sucked last year!!***

Aug 28, 2008, 2:53 PM [ in reply to I dont see how, he sucked last year!!*** ]

It's not even about being positive, it's about being educated on the subject and realistic. You're lucky he made the kicks he did in '07, given he was playing soccer. It's like a baseball player playing golf at the same time. The two swings are opposites. I'm tired of reading about (including last year's post game reviews) all the b|tching. Shame on the coaching staff for not recruiting a kicker, plain and simple. But don't blame the soccer player. He has a great leg and it's very encouraging to see that he obviously has been working on kicking now that soccer is done. Again, for 2008, anything you get from him is a plus.

Replies: 7
| visibility 892
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic