Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Am tired of this FFRF idiocy....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Am tired of this FFRF idiocy....

Apr 19, 2014, 8:57 AM

this latest assault on Clemson has now run its "15 seconds of fame" time allowance.

No one on either side of the issue has changed their minds in the least.

The university has denied any constitutional parameters have been breached. The next step for the FFRF is either to file suit or shutthehell up.

I anxiously await further developments.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me too, but get ready for more as Dr. Lou is about to add

Apr 19, 2014, 9:00 AM

his two cents worth on Fox News.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Am tired of this FFRF idiocy....

Apr 19, 2014, 9:48 AM

absolutely agree!! this is "much to do about nothing" again.. these $%^@*#^#%&*should just shut-up and get lost!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Am tired of this FFRF idiocy....

Apr 19, 2014, 10:41 AM

It's really simple folks! If Clemson (Dabo) doesn't agree to let the students lead the religious activities, there will definitely be a lawsuit. Rest assuredly, this will not end well for Clemson, because compliance issues following the defeat will be very strict. Dabo doesn't have to hide his beliefs, but even Baylor, SMU, or any of the other church-supported schools don't hold baptisms on the practice field. Please understand, I commend Dabo for his willingness to share his faith with these often rudderless young men, and I admire him for that concern. However, a nearsighted gnat could see this coming in the near future when an assistant coach sends the baptism pictures out into cyberspace!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

think this chicken stupidity would be better received on fgf***

Apr 19, 2014, 11:09 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: think this chicken stupidity would be better received on fgf***

Apr 19, 2014, 11:55 AM

So its never even crossed your simple brain that Clemson is really on the hot seat here? Obviously, you haven't been reading any news for the past 20 years or so concerning schools, civic governments, and other hot-button religious lawsuits. I certainly can't understand your unresonable devotion to Dabo, yet I don't agree with the premise of the group's complaint. However, I know what the result will be if Clemson wants to defy court case precedents, and it won't be pretty or enjoyable for any Tiger fans. By the way, "chicken fans" love old Dabo and want him to stay at Clemson for a long, long, long time!

LMAO....

Apr 19, 2014, 12:08 PM

So, you chickens want Coach Swinney to STAY at Clemson DESPITE the irreparable harm he's doing to those poor student-athletes and the tax-payer moneys being spent to violate the constitution!?!?!?!?

Yeah....my brain might be simple, but at least I have one..... and degrees to go with my simple-mindedness that you never got at usuck....assuming you attended that joke of an academic institution

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

Re: LMAO....

Apr 19, 2014, 12:23 PM

Isn't it strange that Clemson recently became the academic "Stanford of the South" to a lot of Tiger fans, only after the realization that the football team was getting pounded by the Gamecocks for the past five years?

Or maybe it's not just Tiger fans who see it that way

Apr 19, 2014, 12:36 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Clemson-Football-Program-7th-Association-Protection-Collegiate-Athletes-15688

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I hope that this will not appear to be charientistic, but ..

Apr 19, 2014, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: LMAO.... ]

... those who read your eristic glossololalia regard you as an irrefragable nazzard, obviously cherubimical and perhaps bordering on the oligophrenic.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The subject of debate has to be "free will"

Apr 19, 2014, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Am tired of this FFRF idiocy.... ]

of the players to participate in, and maybe even conduct their own religious activities. If that can be proven, then Clemson has nothing to fear.

--Henry David Thoreau

Re: The subject of debate has to be "free will"

Apr 19, 2014, 1:27 PM

Thank you sir! That is exactly what Clemson (Dabo) needs to agree with in a most expeditious manner. These people would not have filed a complaint without having preliminary proof of culpability. Take a closer look at other cases initiated by this group. They're waiting (much like the NCAA) for an admission of oversight (not guilt), and self-corrective measures listed in a public statement by the University. If that does not occur in a timely manner, agreed upon by both sides, then the lawsuit will quickly follow.

not so fast..

Apr 19, 2014, 12:47 PM

without getting into the issue itself ...I think the publicity has definitely been good for us. For every one potential player that dislikes the situation I firmly believe there will be 3 or 4 potential athletes that will see it as a positive reason to attend Clemson.Overall positive for our University.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic