Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"We don't have many true defensive ends in that room..."
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,807

"We don't have many true defensive ends in that room..."

Feb 17, 2020, 11:54 AM

That's what our defensive ends coach - Lemanski Hall - said about our defensive ends a couple of weeks ago. Did that seem odd to anyone else that he would say that given what we thought we had in the room?

https://www.tigernet.com/story/Hall-thinks-5-star-Myles-Murphy-will-have-an-immediate-impact-this-season-18571

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not really

Feb 17, 2020, 12:10 PM

we got four XT, Henry, Mascoll and Foster. Is Foster a true DE? Not really but is a really good player that can make plays. So basically one backup at each spot (without counting Murphy who's a perfect mold of a NFL DE.) Not alot. Bresee will be a Tackle probably but could be DE if we have injuries. He's kinda like Christian Wilkins in that he's good enough to play wherever.

And i will say a DE is supposed to be able to set the edge on run defense. I don't see XT as a guy that can set the edge against big OTackles. Hes more of your quick twitch edge rusher. So is he really a true DE? Maybe in a 3-4 LB type. The rest of the DE's on our roster are non-playing time guys (never heard of them)... but if you look at the number of DT's (that get playing time) we have its like more than double the number of DE's.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "We don't have many true defensive ends in that room..."

Feb 17, 2020, 12:12 PM

I interpreted that as we have an abundance of tweeners. Some ends that could line up in the interior and some that could also play standing up, but not many that fit the classic DE mold. Think it’s less of a criticism of talent and more a comment on types of athletes in that unit.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,807
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic