Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Many names will be heard throughout the coaching search
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Many names will be heard throughout the coaching search

Oct 22, 2015, 6:56 AM

At USuCk. Even some big name coaches will be rumored to be interested. I am sure that they are willing to throw a chunk of money at someone. But I am certain that many of the names we will hear mentioned as showing interest are simply using this as a tactic to get a raise somewhere else. With the real USC, and possibly schools such as Texas, Va Tech, Miami, etc, putting their name in the hat for available coaches. Carolina will be fighting to make that "big time" hire. It will not be as easy as some of their fans believe. They won't be just picking whoever they want. It will be interesting to see who they get. I am glad to be on the good guys side with Dabo and company.
Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not going to believe this!!!

Oct 22, 2015, 7:20 AM

You guys are not going to believe what spurrier is up to....

http://wspa.com/2015/10/22/deputies-seek-publics-help-in-finding-pickens-co-carjacking-suspects/

Every name you can image will be put out there.

Oct 22, 2015, 7:28 AM

99% will be bogus.

It isn't to spark interest in the job or to get s raise. It is done to get hits on websites.

The ad's and hc's at these schools know who they got. They will leave or won't. You think Chad used this to get raises? Do you think we could have kept him even if we matched smu pay?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

CM wanted to get back home. BV looks like he's making Clemson home.

Oct 22, 2015, 7:47 AM

Just like Dabo has. It's a great place to be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

They'd be stupid not to get Memphis's coach. Memphis is

Oct 22, 2015, 8:04 AM

already the best team in the SEC west. Imagine how he's going to have to hold back the laughter when he's told, "you've got beat vandy, Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri and split with georgia and Florida each year to win the division." His next response will probably be "and you're going to pay me $3,000,000/year to do THAT? Where do I sign, Ray?"

The tommy golden effect.

Oct 22, 2015, 8:25 AM

It's a crap shoot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

The coach at Memphis will likely have his choice of jobs***

Oct 22, 2015, 8:39 AM [ in reply to They'd be stupid not to get Memphis's coach. Memphis is ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

but then they're going to see how many times slurrier did it

Oct 22, 2015, 9:14 AM [ in reply to They'd be stupid not to get Memphis's coach. Memphis is ]

and say...."no thanks"

I think you're right about Dabo and I hope you're right

Oct 22, 2015, 8:05 AM [ in reply to CM wanted to get back home. BV looks like he's making Clemson home. ]

about Venebles! I do think he would want to stay and coach his son here at Clemson since we've offered him a scholarship. Just hope the lure of a head coaching job isn't too much to turn down. Depends on the job too and if he really wants to be a head coach. It was rumored that he came here to help himself get a better look for a HC job.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In today's world of college football

Oct 22, 2015, 8:44 AM

it's all about offense. I think the current trend wont afford BV a supreme head coaching position at this point. Trends change....and he will be a head coach. But I have a feeling, he's here for a little while.

No I don't think that all coaches are doing this for raises.

Oct 22, 2015, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Every name you can image will be put out there. ]

But it is a common tactic. Just look at tricky Nicky going to Texas a couple years ago. Coaches agents put their name out there and the coach says "I've had no contact with said team." The school they are at hears this and negotiations begin to renew that coaches contract. I also think they may face a bidding war with other teams regarding bigger name coaches.

I've said it before and I will say it again.....

Oct 22, 2015, 8:37 AM

$CU fans, who have a grossly over-inflated opinion of their program, would have you believe that the $CU job is one of the top 15 coaching jobs in college football. It's not. In fact, I'm not entirely sure it ranks among the top 30 jobs. That said, I think a "big time" hire from an established Power 5 program is an unrealistic expectation. I think they're more likely to hire a coordinator or a current head coach from a non-Power 5 team and even that's not going to be easy for them based on some of the other (better) schools that will also be looking to replace its head coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LouCorso was blasted when he said that nobody...

Oct 22, 2015, 8:49 AM

could win at USCjr....when Spurrier was hired. I think Corso was referring to championships, not merely games. It almost looked like he was going to be proven wrong, but alas he knew exactly what he was talking about. I think other coaches know that too and understand that they will be going there for a short term (4-6 year) payday!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When Spurrier was hired....

Oct 22, 2015, 8:57 AM

$CU fans across the land touted that if Spurrier couldn't get it done at Chicken Central, it couldn't be done. Ten years and $40 million later, the program is a dumpster fire, recruits are bailing like rats off a sinking ship, and all they have to show for it is three decent seasons, a few meaningless bowl appearances/wins, and a fifth place ring (no conference championships and no BCS Bowl appearances).

I agree that it is dang near impossible to have real success at USuCK.

Oct 22, 2015, 9:04 AM

At best they were the 5th best team in their conference. With Florida and maybe Tennessee on the uptick, things in the East will only get more difficult. Just imagine if Gawga rids itself of Richt, the coaching search will become exponentially more difficult for the cawks. Still with coaches being competitive and prideful, someone will take that job thinking they can finally change things. In the end the result will be the same... Meaty okra at best.

Re: Many names will be heard throughout the coaching search

Oct 22, 2015, 9:00 AM

I'm being told by someone within the program that one name has emerged as a top candidate: Frank Beamer. They're in talks for something like 5 years at 20m. They're planning on riding that into the 2020's, when they'll get some young blood like Bobby Bowden.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic