Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Freshman Skip Wise vs. Freshman Michael Jordan in a 1on1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Freshman Skip Wise vs. Freshman Michael Jordan in a 1on1

Feb 20, 2019, 2:01 PM

Who wins?

Was trying to describe Skip Wise to my 14 year old.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: Freshman Skip Wise vs. Freshman Michael Jordan in a 1on1

Feb 20, 2019, 2:03 PM

That would have been a great battle. I believe Skip would have made mj cry.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not even close

Feb 20, 2019, 2:03 PM

As a freshman - skip would have taken MJ to school.

unfortunately, Skip could not keep it together. I watched him play - special.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I pretty much agree.....Wise was much farther along as a

Feb 20, 2019, 3:41 PM

freshman than was Jordan. IMO, it was not until his last year at unc that Jordan began giving glimpses of his talent potential.

Wise, who remains a legend in street/intramural leagues all over Baltimore, had crossed over into the danger zone by the time he'd been out of CLemson a couple of years

Those few weeks from the end of the last game that season to the announcement that Wise was leaving to play professionally for the ABA's Baltimore Claws--who folded after a handful of exhibition games---were the most optimistic Clemson basketball's future ever looked. Its my understanding Skip only received a tiny fraction of the promised gazillion dollars used to lure him away from Clemson

I think Skip played in less than 10 professional basketball games before drug use/abuse got him kicked off of the couple of NBA teams willing to take a chance on him

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Michael by 100.***

Feb 20, 2019, 2:05 PM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Feb 20, 2019, 2:10 PM

Skip had played against much better competition in high school and was a more accomplished player as a freshman. At that point in time, he would have won fairly easily.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trevor Lawrence***

Feb 20, 2019, 2:13 PM

Feb 20, 2019, 2:17 PM

As much as a competitor MJ was and is, Skip Wise would have handled MJ easy when both were Freshmen. MJ would have been meserimized by the spade in Skip's gold front tooth as he watched him go to the basket again and again.

Was there any evidence that Skip Wise was using drugs at Clemson? Specifically, heroin?***

Feb 20, 2019, 2:28 PM

Wise had to go to class, so i'll take Jordan.***

Feb 20, 2019, 3:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2019, 4:11 PM

Also remember, Phil Ford was a freshman that year and Skip made 1st team all ACC and Ford did not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 20, 2019, 4:37 PM

missed 2-3 home acc games at home since the 72-73 season. prob 35-40 straight acc tournies from late 70s until about 2012 countless games seen on tv. with that said, the only Fr to rival wise.. as a true FR only, not over a career.. is zion. in a 1/1 game to 21.. Fr wise beats fr jordan about 21-10.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2019, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Freshman Skip Wise vs. Freshman Michael Jordan in a 1on1 ]

Also remember, Phil Ford was a freshman that year and Skip made 1st team all ACC and Ford did not.

If my memory is correct, I believe Skip Wise was the first ever Freshman 1st Team All ACC Player.

Feb 20, 2019, 5:18 PM

It's hard to explain how good he was to someone who never saw him play . He was magical on the court .

I don't know who would win , but Jordan would look like he's working his butt off .
Skip would look like he's floating out there , and the defenders were in slow motion .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2019, 6:22 PM

"Floating" is a good description. He was incredibly smooth. He would quite often just dribble down the court like an afternoon stroll and just stop and pop a 20 footer ..... smooth as silk.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2019, 2:52 PM

He was fun to watch play....

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic