Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
no offense to cole stoudt, once a tiger always a tiger
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,533

no offense to cole stoudt, once a tiger always a tiger

Aug 24, 2016, 2:03 PM

but if he can beat oklahoma, then i dont see why Kelly Bryant and or Nick Schueshler can't beat FSU. albeit it is on the road, but i mean...

tired of hearing if deshuan goes down that were done. though Watson does need to stay healthy to give us the best chance, It isn't inconceivable that we can win with the other back ups.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no offense to cole stoudt, once a tiger always a tiger

Aug 24, 2016, 2:05 PM

lol.

Dude, if Deshaun goes down we are done. No QB on our staff does what DW4 does. If he's not in Chip last year, we lose by 30

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Aug 24, 2016, 2:08 PM

This is a new year.

we are likely to beat everyone on the schedule. if watson goes down, we will still be the best team in the ACC other than FSU.

we would have a tough time in the playoffs without a WAtson, but it wouldn't be Impossible as many make it.

of course, no one can do what deshuan can do. . . but i'm not going to sell Bryant and others short like that

Aug 24, 2016, 6:12 PM

I will. He can't throw the ball! And I do disagree with Dabo because no QB on our roster right now has more or just as much upside than DW4. Hesitant finalists that led his team to the natty.. You really think Bryant is capable of that? I know we are loaded with weapons at WR and RB but it helps if your QB can run for 1,000 yards himself. If Watson goes down we are in trouble. Maybe not against weaker teams but definitely vs FSU or Louisville. Don't be ridiculous.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Aug 24, 2016, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: no offense to cole stoudt, once a tiger always a tiger ]

> lol.
>
> Dude, if Deshaun goes down we are done. No QB on our
> staff does what DW4 does.

Then you disagree with Dabo. He has said Kelly Bryant has more upside than Deshaun.

Aug 24, 2016, 2:53 PM

The biggest drop off for any position from #1 to #2 is QB.

Aug 24, 2016, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: no offense to cole stoudt, once a tiger always a tiger ]

I disagree with Dabo...Bryant does not have more upside than DW4...just like we beat UGA if Watson plays the entire game...

Aug 24, 2016, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Re: no offense to cole stoudt, once a tiger always a tiger ]

Yea is that a joke, with all the offensive weapons we have? Don't get me wrong Watson is amazing and the best qb we have ever had, but he wasn't out there by himself last year. And we would still have one of the most stacked offensive teams without him.

Not wishing that at all, but come on man don't talk down about the team as a whole like that

Don't disagree but still want dw4 at the helm!***

Aug 24, 2016, 2:05 PM

Aug 24, 2016, 2:10 PM

Do you really think playing a 8-4 Oklahoma team at a neutral site is the same as playing a most likely top 10 FSU on the road?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 24, 2016, 2:31 PM

Bash Cole all you wish, but the kid was actually a precise passer when healthy. 23-24 the season before (1 drop) says he was ok. Not to mention he gutted out about 5 straight games with his shoulder held together with a bandage, duct tape, and heart, all while taking hits in an offense that was not well suited for him. I say that because while the two you mentioned have their talents, it's not to say he was a scrub.

Aug 24, 2016, 3:00 PM

A lot of that efficiency before his time as a starter came against the likes of SC State and Furman. And he threw check down after check down against bad defenses, bc remember at the time everybody was so excited that he could throw a check bc Tajh never did.

I appreciate that Cole Stoudt was trying his best and doing everything possible to win, but there's no way to put it other than he was garbage.

Aug 24, 2016, 3:05 PM

I think garbage would be an exaggeration

Aug 24, 2016, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Re: no offense to cole stoudt, once a tiger always a tiger ]

I don't agree with the garbage part, but you're right about everything else. Also being hurt doesn't make you make bad decision after bad decision and stare receivers down. The kid tried hard and I praise him for being tough and playing hurt, but he just wasn't a d1 qb, the talent just wasn't there.

Aug 24, 2016, 4:22 PM

Well I can certainly appreciate that he made mistakes. No one questions that. Heck, the GT game made me say some choice words. But if you look at the way he played when healthy vs yes SC State or Furman, when he should have had a 100% completion rate, I don't care who you are, that IS precision. And carved up a pretty decent D1 Oklahoma team. But really, here is what irks me about this. The guy did the best he could, played hard, played hurt, and played for Clemson, was a good team mate and student. Yet some people a year later still find any excuse to kick dirt towards him. Heck, why don't we go back and dog Will Proctor, or Cullen Harper. Hey, Willy Korn got hurt and didn't pan out. Rodney Williams lost to Carolina once, guess he isnt among my favorites any more. Not trying to be a jerk, but come on, enough with the Cole bash. And I'm sure since I have already gotten one thumbs down for this belief , another or two is sure to follow. Gladly taken, what else ya got?

We did dog Proctor, there were just fewer people here back then and our

Aug 24, 2016, 4:28 PM

expectations were lower. Harper at least had a really good season in 2007. He struggled in 2008 but so did the entire offense.

Re: We did dog Proctor, there were just fewer people here back then and our

Aug 24, 2016, 4:33 PM

No doubt. Much of the in season dogging I would have missed as in was in another country a lot back then. But i understand frustrations, just can't understand how some folks still can't just let it go regarding one of our players.

Re: We did dog Proctor, there were just fewer people here back then and our

Aug 24, 2016, 5:49 PM

All I'm saying is, if Watson goes down, we still have at least a 50% chance of still winning every ballgame

Very different situations. We had the best defense in the country that year

Aug 24, 2016, 4:25 PM

and OU was like 8-4 and starting Trevor Knight at QB. FSU is gonna be way better than that OU team plus the game is actually on Tally.

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,533
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic