Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Only one real concern watching the game...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Only one real concern watching the game...

Oct 29, 2018, 11:40 AM

watched it again last night, and it was clear that without his quick release, TL would have been hit a lot more. Our OL was getting blown-past throughout the entire game. Bama's DL is much better than and FStUpid's. Is that a legit concern?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Yes***

Oct 29, 2018, 11:42 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Only one real concern watching the game...

Oct 29, 2018, 11:42 AM

No

Oct 29, 2018, 11:44 AM

We were also missing our starting Center and one of our starting Guards on OLine for the FSU game. Hard to say honestly.

Oct 29, 2018, 11:48 AM

Here's hoping for a serious injury-free time the next 4 weeks. Get to the Title game and get rested for the 2 game Playoff.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no

Oct 29, 2018, 11:47 AM

only concerns you should have
1. making your iptay donation
2. making it to your seats.

people hey paId well to worry about the rest.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 29, 2018, 11:50 AM

TL's lightning release and 61 mph throws plus the Tiger wideouts ability to shake themselves loose and make big catches more than overcomes any rush. Kind of reminds me of DW4 and the Clemson offense in the Natty two years ago. He got hit on a few occasions and the 'Bama Dline was coming, but the Tiger offense was too fast. Similar situation this year. Not even sure 'Bama's D is as good this year.

Oct 29, 2018, 12:06 PM

Go back and compare the FSU game to GT, even the brief moment with the 'Cuse. FSU's defense *was* better before they gave up (see first quarter). That being said, the O-Line TL are doing better as a group. I thought that while there were some slips, the overall protection was decent considering TL's developing timing. That is only getting better...

If you want to see a concern, watch FSU's o-line.

My next concern is that the rushing game has regressed a bit and the o-line is not really creating lanes as well as it should with more penetration by teams loading the box. Granted, they know it is coming but those first three possessions we had kinda set the tone that we might be be as strong.

Oct 29, 2018, 12:48 PM

Bama’s dline and de are not that much better than FSU. Like op above has said. We were missing a couple and TL is still learning to read elite defenses. So what may look like busts sometimes are not busts.

That being said, Anchrum may have had his worst day... I think it was Anchrum. Hard to tell with the rotation. Again, we played a ton of people all throughout the game.

FSU D knew when we went up by two scores that it was going to be hard for FSU to come back and they did quit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2018, 1:24 PM

I'm not sure I would say Bama's DL is better than FSU's. At best they are even. FSU may even be a little better. DL is the one position at FSU that has been playing well this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic