Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A history lesson to Dabo regarding Imperialistic management
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

A history lesson to Dabo regarding Imperialistic management

Sep 4, 2014, 11:21 AM

Recently, we have seen a high-profile example of what can happen when a leader relies solely on the formal powers of their office and ignores the more subtle power of consensus and suasion.

Home Depot Chairman and Chief Executive Bob Nardelli’s recent and abrupt exit provides a classic example of the risks of an imperial management style. Mr. Nardelli joined Home Depot in 2000 after a long career at GE. He immediately began leaving his mark on the organization, and for the first five years, the company’s financial performance suggested good leadership. Sales grew dramatically–from $46 million in 2000 to $81.5 million in 2005–and gross margins increased by 3.5 percent. But even while the numbers improved, Nardelli’s imperialist leadership style quickly alienated employees, directors, Wall Street and, eventually, customers. When the post-2005 housing slowdown eroded the initial financial performance, employees, stockholders and directors became far less tolerant of his management style

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TS:DR***

Sep 4, 2014, 11:23 AM

Too S*****; Didn't Read?***

Sep 4, 2014, 11:43 AM

null

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes history is a lesson nobody wants to learn***

Sep 4, 2014, 11:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hope dabo didn't draw the maginot line in the sand with this***

Sep 4, 2014, 11:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my first thought was the OP maybe Kyrin himself...

Sep 4, 2014, 11:28 AM

but when I couldn't understand what he was talking about I realized it was not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i would be lying if i said this place never surprises me.***

Sep 4, 2014, 11:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you saying that you're worried USCjr will

Sep 4, 2014, 11:31 AM [ in reply to hope dabo didn't draw the maginot line in the sand with this*** ]

invade through the soft under belly of Pelzer??

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Or the Mendoza Line***

Sep 4, 2014, 1:20 PM [ in reply to hope dabo didn't draw the maginot line in the sand with this*** ]

Bear Bryant is rolling in his grave he is laughing so hard.***

Sep 4, 2014, 11:24 AM

null

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

too soon?***

Sep 4, 2014, 11:24 AM

you think dabo'd get me a discount on some pressure treated?***

Sep 4, 2014, 11:25 AM

^^^Nominate this for Stupid Post Of the Day (SPOD)...

last I heard players weren't employees and the "team" was not a democracy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the line is over there --------------------------------->***

Sep 4, 2014, 11:36 AM

And we have seen in our own society what happens

when all the Indians want to be the Chief...and the Chief sits idly allowing unrest and upheaval.

Our football program is no democracy. We have a HHIC, and his name is Dabo Swinney.

As far as I'm concerned, if he says, "Jump," then I expect every man - every man - on that football team to snap to attention, salute smartly, and in one voice, yell, "YES SIR!" Then start jumping his as$ off! PERIOD.

I agree somewhat but......

Sep 4, 2014, 11:32 AM

to only allow three media representatives at practice because they were the ones he considers "all in" is taking your point to the extreme. I am not in his meeting and don't know what management style is best for his organization. All I am saying is under his management style you better keep winning or there will be a lot of
people holding the door for you on your way out. I am a Clemson graduate and want what is best for Clemson University. If this management style is what is best for our football program then get it done!

"I am a Clemson graduate and want what is best for Clemson

Sep 4, 2014, 11:37 AM

University."

--33% pulse

Elle Oh Elle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: "I am a Clemson graduate and want what is best for Clemson

Sep 4, 2014, 11:40 AM

I see you have a 100% pulse and over 40,000 post.

Tells me:
1. You don't have a real life.
2. You are a 100% a$$ kisser.

You may be on to something with #1, but I can testify

Sep 4, 2014, 11:45 AM

that he certainly is no as$-kisser.

In fact he's more of a list-creating/invading/DonorsPickEmContestpurveyor/soccerkrzy-type dude.

And I like him, as do most all other TNetters.

Tread lightly my Friend. lol

Woah, it'll be very difficult to match wits with you.

Sep 4, 2014, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: "I am a Clemson graduate and want what is best for Clemson ]

First off, it's 32k posts, not 40k. Guess it's confusing whenever you never get points for your posts to understand that difference.

1. Over 7 years, and it tells me that I'm good enough at my engineering job to be able to spend free time on Tigernet. Somehow that equates to no life.

2. You fail to understand the pulse system, I'm am definitely not an asskisser, not to mention, to get a 33% such as yours, you need to try.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Tell 'em marlborocountycapon

Sep 4, 2014, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: "I am a Clemson graduate and want what is best for Clemson ]

Another handle, so sad

totally uncalled for. Krazy is a legend on here and is

Sep 4, 2014, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: "I am a Clemson graduate and want what is best for Clemson ]

going up in the TNET Ring of Fame when he retires.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Friend, I can assure you that Coach Swinney is far

Sep 4, 2014, 11:38 AM [ in reply to I agree somewhat but...... ]

more generous than I'd be with most of the knotheads in the media.

If he chooses to disallow any one or more practitioners of that art into a practice, then that's his option.

I was at Clemson from 1965 to 1969, and I knew Frank Howard. He said it himself, "This ain't no democracy." And he ran his program with an iron fist...as well he should have.

Re: I agree somewhat but......

Sep 4, 2014, 12:13 PM [ in reply to I agree somewhat but...... ]

Where did you read that only three media reps were "allowed" at the press conference? I understood it as, only three press members either showed up or stayed. Did this info appear elsewhere?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Curious to know if the OP ever played organized sports

Sep 4, 2014, 11:30 AM

or not.

Cause this comparison is absolutely stupid

Re: Curious to know if the OP ever played organized sports

Sep 4, 2014, 11:34 AM

That would be a yes and the comparison is dead on!

and i'll support you against any juan that suggests you're

Sep 4, 2014, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Curious to know if the OP ever played organized sports ]

not fully qualified to determine the stoopid...

LOL....With that kind of support, how could he possibly

Sep 4, 2014, 11:48 AM

go wrong?

Good day, my great Friend!

he's still young, ht, we haven't taken the teet away yet,

Sep 4, 2014, 11:55 AM

but soon.

;)

and thanks; good day to you, fine sir!

Who's teet?

Sep 4, 2014, 12:16 PM

It's important

She's related to TIA...***

Sep 4, 2014, 1:10 PM

Of course he did,,,

Sep 4, 2014, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Curious to know if the OP ever played organized sports ]

he was the king of the juice box, debbie cake and participation trophy. And time outs worked just fine for him.

Deer Lawd,
please don't let this person have children.

See NewSpring and how they handle their "problems"***

Sep 4, 2014, 11:41 AM

newspring?

Sep 4, 2014, 11:50 AM

yes, this is an issue that requires a post from a bible thumper.

you guys get tired of posting on bjuforjesus@jesus.com

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like this reply, straight to the atheist anger.

Sep 4, 2014, 12:26 PM

don't have to navigate through the "you seem like a logical person" facade.

Message was edited by: cutigersJD®

Let me see if I got this right.

Sep 4, 2014, 11:53 AM

The housing market hit a brick wall, business for material suppliers dropped like a rock across the board but it's the Home Depot CEO's fault for bad management, right?

Therefor, Dabo is a bad manager, right?

You put all this together, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let me see if I got this right.

Sep 4, 2014, 12:24 PM

Oh, and don't forget all those over-lent, defaulted, upside-down 109% mortgages everyone wanted.....

did Nardelli go on tv and threaten to quit if home depot

Sep 4, 2014, 12:01 PM

Didn't agree to his every whim. Did home depot display a 60 ft banner of Nardelli at their head quarters?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

My suggestion--

Sep 4, 2014, 12:35 PM

Shop at Lowes.....there's probably one across the street anyhow

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhhhhh...

Sep 4, 2014, 12:52 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A history lesson to Dabo regarding Imperialistic management

Sep 4, 2014, 1:02 PM

Did anyone read the article on here titled "dabo discusses priest we dismissal"????
The first paragraph says dabo held a press conference and said only 3 members of the media were present. The next sentence says the small group was "all in". Then it went on to discuss the topics. I'm all for trying to keep positive spin on stories but frankly how can we expect to hear anything except what they want us to hear if they are that controlling. Now I know why my hopes were so high in the preseason. The spin machine is set to "all in". Honestly I don't even expect fair journalism any more from the clemson media. I may get banned but I've paid my dues to clemson and want better journalism and access to the reality instead of just figuring it out on Saturday that we have problems. I've been talking a lot of trash to my coot friends all preseason only to find out all of my information is censored like in North Korea. Makes me look stupid. Kim Jong dabo. Sorry but I've had enough of the sunshine pumping. I want the truth.

You, my friend, are way too smart for this group. 100% right***

Sep 4, 2014, 1:37 PM

Sep 4, 2014, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: A history lesson to Dabo regarding Imperialistic management ]

And another pathetic Chicken fan pretending to be a Clemson fan.

null

Sep 5, 2014, 1:31 AM [ in reply to Re: A history lesson to Dabo regarding Imperialistic management ]

I read the article that you "quoted" from. Now a challenge: pull the sentence out and quote DIRECTLY where Coach prohibited the rest of the media from the practice and mini presser. Hint: it ain't there. You two are reading way too much into "all in." Three stayed till the end. That's what the "all in" statement meant.

Prove me wrong. Provide the pull quote to back up your assertions.

I smell chicken crap.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Sep 5, 2014, 1:46 AM

I'll help you. From the article (Nikki Steele byline), and I quote: Wednesday’s post practice interview session was ATTENDED (emphasis mine) by just three members of the media, and head coach Dabo Swinney said the small group was “All In.” End of quote.

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Swinney-addresses-Priester-dismissal-fans-Deshaun-Watson-start-12998

Now, point out the statement where the rest of the media was SHUT OUT AND PROHIBITED from the premises. The whole premise of your and Tcoot84's assertions hinge on you pointing it out. Not what you think it is, point the fact out in black and white.

Message was edited by: phonograf®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Tell 'em capon

Sep 4, 2014, 1:07 PM

fno

Sep 4, 2014, 3:25 PM

OP smells of chicken ####.

null

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive