Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
new 10 second roll-off rule for teams with an injury..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,192

new 10 second roll-off rule for teams with an injury..

Jul 23, 2013, 2:46 AM

I understand it where a team could stall by faking injuries, but what about the other way around for a legit injury?

I can see several scenarios where this rule could really hurt the "fairness" of the game. Picture being on offense on the goal line down by 4, and there is 10 seconds left, no time outs and someone gets hurt. Game over. ouch. Thoughts?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Re: new 10 second roll-off rule for teams with an injury..

Jul 23, 2013, 4:36 AM

Nobody on the defense would fake an injury when they are ahead on the scoreboard, with almost no time on the clock and the offense having no time outs left.

Only the offense could gain from this situation.

Picture a team faking an injury to stop the clock. The injured man has to leave the field and a substitute is put in with the clock stopped. The play resumes when the officials determine the new guy is in place. The 'cheaters,' are rewarded for being dishonest and being without a timeout.

Who's to say if the injury is faked or real? Even someone as qualified as a doctor can't say a player isn't hurt. He may be able to tell for certain that a player is hurt but he can't say a player isn't hurt. You can't make a player get up and move without everybody getting drug into court.

The officials surely are not qualified to deliberate on the authenticity of an injury so the NCAA puts the responsibility on the team that has the most to gain from faking an injury.

It may leave a mark on football but one thing's for sure they've kept everybody who finds themselves in this situation from cheating and stealing a victory from a better team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like the current system..

Jul 23, 2013, 7:10 AM

guy goes down, he has to leave the game for a play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

what is going to end up happen.you will have players..

Jul 23, 2013, 5:14 AM

get hurt but not tell anyone out of fear of having time ran off.say a concision this cant end well

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was my thought exactly***

Jul 23, 2013, 5:21 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You for or against the new helmet to helmet penalties?

Jul 23, 2013, 5:33 AM [ in reply to what is going to end up happen.you will have players.. ]

One who is for player safety would say they are against this rule for the reason you've stated and for the H2H penalty for the same reason.

One who says they are against this rule for player safety but also against the new penalty for helmet to helmet might say they are just against rules in general.

I'd say it's downtime, I am suffering tremendously and taking it out on everybody by being a caustic, objectively contentious prik. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if they get a concussion with 10 secs left, I'm not that

Jul 23, 2013, 10:36 AM [ in reply to what is going to end up happen.you will have players.. ]

worried about it. They'll last for 10 seconds.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: new 10 second roll-off rule for teams with an injury..

Jul 23, 2013, 9:20 AM

I say don't call any time outs in second half. Just fake an injury if coach/player need conversation before last minute. Save T Outs for last 30 seconds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,192
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic