Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Almost done with my house
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 319

Almost done with my house

Jul 12, 2015, 4:38 PM

Some of you may remember my house fire in 2013. Hopefully done with the house itself in the next month. Contractor has to fix a few things this week before the floors go in maybe next week. Cabinets are going to be set this week sometime. Electrical is giving me a few little problems, tripping some breakers but I'll troubleshoot that this week too. Devices look good, all Adorne by Legrand. Wiring my structured wiring panel and punching down CAT-5/6 jacks is getting tiring. Will be a monster home network when I'm done though. 27 CAT-6 runs dedicated to data, 16 or so CAT-5 for telephone or data, and 17 RG-6 if using cable or sat. On 3 walls of every bedroom there is a CAT-6, CAT-5, RG-6, and a receptacle in a two gang box so you can plug in #### near wherever you want. The living room and computer room have a 3 gang box with a receptacle, 3 CAT-6, a CAT-5, and an RG-6. Still trying to decide on a wireless router, access point for the garage, and some gigabit switches for the cabinet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds good

Jul 12, 2015, 8:47 PM

I think

Even Google translate couldn't tell me what some of that stuff was.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

nerd alert***

Jul 12, 2015, 10:29 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You made a mistake not color coding those Cat5/6 jacks.***

Jul 12, 2015, 11:15 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 319
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic