Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who thinks LSU has a real chance against Bama?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Who thinks LSU has a real chance against Bama?

Oct 30, 2018, 8:38 AM

I know that ESPN has to hype up this game but I think Bama destroys them. LSU will not be able to put up enough points to win. IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who thinks LSU has a real chance against Bama?

Oct 30, 2018, 8:43 AM

NO chance.....Bama 45 LSU 17

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 8:45 AM

Me 2. Exactly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not me !!!***

Oct 30, 2018, 8:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: LSU is a paper tiger

Oct 30, 2018, 8:53 AM

Bama rolls. LSU can't score enough points to stay in this one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

It’s hard to say, because Alabama’s schedule has been very poor.

Oct 30, 2018, 8:55 AM

With the exception of A&M, Alabama has not played any decent teams, and definitely not any good ones. Of the top 7 teams in the AP poll, I believe Bama has the worst schedule thus far in terms of opponent winning percentage.

LSU has played the toughest schedule of the top 7. They have been tested. We know what we have with LSU moreso than with Bama.

Of course, Alabama has looked outstanding thus far, but I’m waiting to see how they do against a real team with a good defense. I expect them to beat LSU, but this notion that Alabama is perfect and unbeatable this year is silly when you dig deeper and look at who they have played.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oct 30, 2018, 8:58 AM

I think it will be a good barometer of how good their offense is. LSU has a good defense, something Bama has not seen yet. I’m sure if they are successful, Brent will be taking notes. We are the only team defensively that can stop them imo. We also happen to be the only team that can outscore them. I’m interested in seeing if LSU can slow them down. If they can, it bodes well for us.

I think Bama's offense is better this year...

Oct 30, 2018, 9:02 AM

than in previous years.

In years past, they have relied heavily on the run game.

Tua is a good QB and this year, they can throw it effectively as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I think Bama's offense is better this year...

Oct 30, 2018, 10:02 AM

And that's the thing with LSU...they sit right now with the #5 passing efficiency defense and are #3 in interceptions:
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/40
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/457

It's going to be a test, IMO. This game will show if LSU is as good as some of their stats, or if Bama is as good as they've seemed against weaker teams.

Re: I think Bama's offense is better this year...

Oct 30, 2018, 10:22 AM [ in reply to I think Bama's offense is better this year... ]

My issue there is Bama's opponents average defensive rank about 84. Yes I know they had something to do with that but they only scored 51 on Louisville. Both GT and Wake scored more points on them. Both also scored more points before halftime so the argument that bama only coasted is not valid seeing as they left their starters in until they had scored 41 late in the 3rd quarter. Lets see where they stand after this weekend.

Message was edited by: bloodrunsorange63®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 9:11 AM

Last thing I want to have happen is for LSU to win a close one over Bama. That would put LSU (assuming they win out) in the SEC championship game and leaving us with two SEC teams in the playoff again. Due to this scenario, I will be hoping for Bama to win out the rest of the regular season (just pains me to even type that).

Oct 30, 2018, 9:18 AM

ABC Tiger said:

Last thing I want to have happen is for LSU to win a close one over Bama. That would put LSU (assuming they win out) in the SEC championship game and leaving us with two SEC teams in the playoff again. Due to this scenario, I will be hoping for Bama to win out the rest of the regular season (just pains me to even type that).

What if Georgia wins out and beats Bama in the SEC Championship game? Hoping not, though. No more Georgia in the playoffs!

Oct 30, 2018, 10:23 AM

If UGA wins out and beats Bama in the SEC championship game, then Bama sits home and UGA gets in the playoffs. Very slim chance of this happening, but that's why they play the games.

Oct 30, 2018, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Who thinks LSU has a real chance against Bama? ]

Do you really think if UGA wins out, they can beat Bama in the SEC championship this year?

Oct 30, 2018, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Who thinks LSU has a real chance against Bama? ]

That is my concern too. Not really a concern but an irritation seeing as I live in Columbia and work with tons of coots. "We got 2 teams in the playoffs AGAIN!!!" Hey chump YOUR team ain't in it.....there is no WE. But I digress. I know if LSU wins, then Bama gets that #4 spot in the CFP come Dec 2. The only feasible way around it...that I can think of...is for one of the other Power 5 to have a 1-loss champion. In theory.....emphasis, in theory....a 1-loss champion should get in over a 1-loss non-champion.

But we all know how this is all gonna play out.....

Oct 30, 2018, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Who thinks LSU has a real chance against Bama? ]

I agree. Probably the best case unless Bama could lose 2 which is very unlikely.

Playing at the "not the real" Death Valley, so yes***

Oct 30, 2018, 9:15 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Can they both lose????

Oct 30, 2018, 9:20 AM

Oct 30, 2018, 9:39 AM

They have a chance, but I won't go as far as saying "real"!

LSU will be lucky to have more than 7 points thru 3 quarters

Oct 30, 2018, 9:41 AM

They have absolutely no chance in this one.

Oct 30, 2018, 9:43 AM

I think LSU can shut Bama's O down. We will see. Not saying they will but they have the ability to.

Deaf Valley at night?

Oct 30, 2018, 9:47 AM

Yeah it's possible. Not probable. But I wouldn't be surprised if they did pull the upset.

Oct 30, 2018, 9:52 AM

If it's a low scoring affair and there are a couple or three turnovers that LSU capitalizes on, then LSU can win.

I haven't see a lot of either.

Oct 30, 2018, 9:55 AM

I've seen enough Bama to know that Tutu is prone to abandon a pocket without justification I just haven't seen an opponent quick enough to chaise him down or a defensive secondary perform well enough to cover Bama receivers.

The kids has never been rattled. I can't say. If the LSU coach would go back and look at the was Brent Venables handled that Oklahoma rabbit we killed a few years ago they might be able to chaise Tutu out of the pocket right into the arms of a loving and passionate linebacker.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 10:02 AM

Crickets

Oct 30, 2018, 10:14 AM

I think they have a chance - say 30%. They will need to play excellent defense including forcing turnovers and efficient, time consuming offense. To me, the key (as it will be for any Bama opponent to win) is if they can get a consistent pass rush.

Oct 30, 2018, 12:15 PM

LSU will have to control the clock by using the ground game as well. LSU QB isn't that impressive so bama will try to make him beat them through the air. From what I've seen so far bama can be run against some. At least more than in previous years. they've only held 2 opponents to less than 100 yards rushing so far

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

only if they knock Tua out, then its more of an even match***

Oct 30, 2018, 11:29 AM

^^^ this. I think their only chance is if Tua gets injured***

Oct 30, 2018, 12:51 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 11:36 AM

Bama 34 to 13 LSU

How do you think Clemson would do against LSU in

Oct 30, 2018, 11:43 AM

Baton Rouge? That is probably the answer for how Bama will fare. Clemson and Alabama are very similar teams this year. Not exactly the same strengths and weaknesses, but similar playmakers all over the field.

My guess is a close game for a while and then Bama will pull away late. I would guess the same thing for Clemson at LSU.

Oct 30, 2018, 12:18 PM

BAMA by 17-21 points.

negatory

Oct 30, 2018, 12:48 PM

Oct 30, 2018, 5:26 PM

I think it’ll be way closer than most. LSU covers but still loses

Oct 30, 2018, 5:29 PM

I don't buy all of the hype and not buying Alabama is unbeatable. However it will be closer than everyone thinks. 23-17 Bama

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic