Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dead horse question..but did Bama have advantage on Clemson in CFP since they
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Dead horse question..but did Bama have advantage on Clemson in CFP since they

Aug 21, 2018, 10:04 AM

didn't have to play a grueling extra game for their conference championship..and instead rested up their wounded, had meetings & practices for 2 weeks getting ready to shellac Tigers for taking a last sec victory away from them year before.

I say YES & really was a bit unfair!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

naw..they would have played UGA

Aug 21, 2018, 10:05 AM

small bump in the rd.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Dead horse question..but did Bama have advantage on Clemson in CFP since they

Aug 21, 2018, 10:06 AM

Playing in the sugar bowl didn't do us any favors either

Pretty much a screw job, should have played oklahoma (weakest team)

That being said, we didn't look well prepared, and thats on us

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dead horse question..but did Bama have advantage on Clemson in CFP since they

Aug 21, 2018, 10:16 AM

I think our head coach may have learned a lesson from the Alabama game. We just did not look like we were ready to play and that is on the coaches. We just could not match Bama intensity during the game. I do not want to see Bama win it again but deep down if we win it that is who I want to see us beat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 10:28 AM

I think Saban used what the media was saying against us. Narrative was Bama barely made it in, if Clemson beats Bama they become the top dog, This is where Clemson overtakes Bama, on and on. And Bama came out mad and ready to show the world they weren’t going down without a fight.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 12:17 PM

You do know that they only have so many practices that they can have after their last game and the bowl game? It's like 15 practices. So Bama actually lost a week of practice that we got by playing in the championship game. Now that really helped them recover because they had a lot of people beat up during the Auburn game and they had an extra week of rest. That along with Satan using the revenge factor on his team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That game was decided in 2 series in the second half

Aug 21, 2018, 12:20 PM

The first pick by Bama that gave them a short field. Only needed like 30 yds to get the TD to go up 17-6. Then, the pick 6 on the very next offensive play sealed the game. Neither D was giving up a ton of yards, and there really weren't any long sustained drives that I remember.

The other gut punch was getting the fumble recovery to start second half and have to settle for FG. Should have tied it up then and taken all of the momentum.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 12:36 PM

Here has been my belief since that game. If you give Nick Saban almost a month to look at tape and game plan against you, it's very likely a longshot. We can say what we like, but he is one of the best coaches of all time, and now with a healthy, prepared team, against an offense that frankly was predictable due to certain limitations, the outcome probably isnt surprising. With #4 under center maybe a much different game, but I would prefer to get Bama in game 2 of the playoffs anytime. Just my .02 cents.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama's game plan and execution were their main advantages

Aug 21, 2018, 12:40 PM

If they had played in the SEC CG then maybe they would have been a little more tired but the outcome is most likely the same.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic