Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Time to step up: Offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Time to step up: Offense

Jul 7, 2013, 1:19 AM

Time to step up: Offense

If the Tigers are to have the kind of year the fans are expecting, there are players that need to step and take their game to the next level. In the second part of a two-part series, we take a look at the offense. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As the offensive line goes

Jul 7, 2013, 4:01 AM

So does the offense! All the pieces are there. The question is, do they want it bad enough?

IMHO this team has something special and it all comes from the top! Every player on the team wants it bad enough and I believe we are in for a very special season.

On August 31st prior to the game, may I suggest listening to "can you feel it coming in the air tonight?"

Go Tigers!

As the offensive line goes

Jul 7, 2013, 4:02 AM

So does the offense! All the pieces are there. The question is, do they want it bad enough?

IMHO this team has something special and it all comes from the top! Every player on the team wants it bad enough and I believe we are in for a very special season.

On August 31st prior to the game, may I suggest listening to "can you feel it coming in the air tonight?"

Go Tigers!

I think that we need a "lot of Adam Humphries" thrown in.

Jul 7, 2013, 6:07 AM

Humphries has proven over and over to be a very dependable player and deserves all the action that the coaches can give him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think that we need a "lot of Adam Humphries" thrown in.

Jul 7, 2013, 8:25 AM

have to disagree. Hump is solid and dependable, no doubt. He's earned everything he's gotten. But, more Hump means more underneath and intermediate routes with little YAC. More Hump means less stretching the field, less Sammy, less Bryant, less Peake.
It's not a knock on Adam. It's just how the offense works. He's there for the quick-hitters and to move the chains and to bail Tajh out. His role needs to be what it has been. He plays it like a virtuoso.

Hopper adds another dimension to the offense that AH doesn't

Jul 7, 2013, 10:38 AM

3 or 4 wide receivers on the field at once that can outrun you to the endzone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As the offensive line goes

Jul 7, 2013, 7:51 AM

As the leader goes the team follows! Coach dabo is as competitive and strong- willed as anyone! Coach Morris is the same and throw on nastiness, meanness, the desire to just bury an opposition! After three years the offensive I believe now is the same with the skill to back it up!!

nasty

Jul 7, 2013, 11:21 AM

Our oline needs to be nasty hogmollies trench diggers for this offense to really shine. The real question, can they keep dlines like fsu at bay? We will know soon enough. With our talented wr core everyone in that squad will shine at some point if boyd can see the field better, which is what I'm really looking forward to

Re: As the offensive line goes

Jul 7, 2013, 11:21 AM

Excellent suggestion!

The ideal OL is Battle, Thomas, Norton, Shatly, Timothy

Jul 7, 2013, 2:53 PM

And while I'm not completely sold on Timothy as a the best option at RT he's got the most experience and is dependable at least. I'm still watchign Joe Gore and Shaq Anthony behind him though. Both are more athletic and just need to learn the playbook more. That being said I've heard the coaching staff has been giving Brandon Thomas a lot of snaps at RT as well after teh LSU game. If Battle or McClain win the LT spot I wouldn't be surpised to see Thomas move to RT and let Beasly hold down the LG spot.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic