Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
got word, our company is WFH til at least sept
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 687

got word, our company is WFH til at least sept

May 6, 2020, 12:12 PM

hell ya! thank you technology!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have not even been hinted at with a date to go back

May 6, 2020, 12:14 PM

into the office. I'm thinking come July or August I will really want to go back so I don't have to keep this house so cool during the day.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I keep hearing we'll evaluate at the end of June and go from

May 6, 2020, 12:38 PM

there. By that time, it's going to be really hard to break the 2 showers a week whether I need them or not rule.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If this trend holds across a lot of businesses

May 6, 2020, 12:17 PM

a bunch of folks may never go back to the office. At least not 5vdays a week.

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/05/850106772/for-these-federal-employees-telework-means-productivity-is-up-their-backlog-is-d

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Das gonna be bad news for my REIT.***

May 6, 2020, 12:19 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This amused me.

May 6, 2020, 12:22 PM [ in reply to If this trend holds across a lot of businesses ]

"The really good workers might be sitting there at their home desk, wherever that is," he says. "And they're supposed to stop at 5 o'clock, and they look at their watch or their computer and they realize it's 7 o'clock and they've still been working, because they get into things and they start getting stuff done and they just keep on going."

Look hoss, that is not being more productive, that is just an idiot working longer.

Wave Fatthews Hand?***

May 6, 2020, 12:18 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bro, don't take this the wrong way butt

May 6, 2020, 12:19 PM

when the strip club asks you to work from home...they're really asking you to leave.

WadeFuckingHampton?

May 6, 2020, 12:29 PM

Go Eastside Eagles!!!

Yeah, ours too for non-essential people.

May 6, 2020, 12:33 PM

They're hinting at the potential for very long-term change, perhaps even permanent.

we laid off "several hundred" people yesterday and

May 6, 2020, 12:34 PM

eliminated "many" jobs. At least that's what the email I got yesterday at 5:30 said.

It was only about 3 weeks ago that during an "all hands" call that we were told we had enough cash on hand to last a year with no revenue. Over the 3 years with this company, its been proven to me that whatever executive mgt says, its always the exact opposite.

We have another all hands call tomorrow, so I wonder what we'll be told then?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am sure they weren't lying when they said that about the

May 6, 2020, 12:42 PM

cash. Then somebody showed them how much more their bonuses could be if they cut some. If you find yourself not very busy, just assume you're next.

I thought I was part of all of it yesterday.

May 6, 2020, 12:49 PM

I messaged my boss, he answered, then never messaged me back. About an hour later he called me, and when I saw his call I just figured I was gone. Luckily, he said no one in our immediate org was affected. We've run so lean for so long that if they started canning people now, it would affect what business we have left. If they fire me, or anyone immediate to me, we're probably well on our way to closing.

They probably meant "we, the executive mgmt, have enough

May 6, 2020, 2:44 PM [ in reply to we laid off "several hundred" people yesterday and ]

cash to last a year"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm calling all our folks back in the office starting...

May 6, 2020, 12:41 PM

I'm predicting that most aren't going to be too happy about that.

Leaving a couple of pregos at home.

*starting Monday****

May 6, 2020, 12:43 PM

This sounds like it will get messy.

May 6, 2020, 12:44 PM [ in reply to I'm calling all our folks back in the office starting... ]

You are going to have some broad who really just wants to work from home claim they are "trying" or some old broad saying it is discrimination since she no longer can become pregnant.

Re: This sounds like it will get messy.

May 6, 2020, 1:01 PM

Yeah this is a bad idea. I assume Flow is just trying to do the right thing but someone is going to claim "familial discrimination" or some ########.

nah...the only 2 womins involved are...

May 6, 2020, 1:08 PM

the 2 pregos

I'm not worried about any discrimination-type complaints...plus working from home is at management's discretion to begin with.

nah...we classify it as a higher-risk condition...

May 6, 2020, 1:06 PM [ in reply to This sounds like it will get messy. ]

also have a guy with a lung tumor that will continue to work from home. The conditions have to have a doctor's note...which the pregos have.

Seems reasonable, let us know when somebody

May 6, 2020, 1:09 PM

tries to make a stink though.

We are WFH thru end of May. I expect I'll WFH at least

May 6, 2020, 12:53 PM

2 or 3 days a week after that - just because I can and because I like it. (I like it a lot.)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is probably our plan too. NC opens next week but it

May 6, 2020, 1:45 PM

will be at least June until our office opens fully. It is currently open, but only 5-6 out of 70 go in daily. I will be WFH alot through June I bet.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 687
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic