Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Since the governor closed all bars & restaurant with takeout
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,980

Since the governor closed all bars & restaurant with takeout

Mar 18, 2020, 12:17 PM

only, do that mean you can order a takeout adult libation?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like you could have a party in the town square, as

Mar 18, 2020, 12:28 PM

long as only 49 people show up. Only gatherings of 50 or more are inherently bad, evidently.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Since the governor closed all bars & restaurant with takeout

Mar 18, 2020, 12:38 PM

To me giving any state rep authority to close your business is over stepping in a major way. I don't know about anyone else but I'm more than capable of assessing risk and making my own dang decisions. I don't need any state rep telling me how to live. This is quickly becoming the Communist States of America and if you think that's hyperbolic then I feel sorry for you. It takes one sick person whether you're in a group of 50 or 50,000, so these recommendations for group size border on insanity and I don't care it came from the CDC because their about as incompetent as people in Washington. I have a real problem with someone in the state having executive power of everyone and I hope everyone of us in the country remember the idiots that have tried to ruin this country over something that quite frankly doesn't register an outbreak much less a pandemic.

Re: Since the governor closed all bars & restaurant with takeout

Mar 18, 2020, 12:58 PM

Youngsters like you think your freedom allows you to do anything you want...But it is like you have the right to swing your fist...But that freedom ends at the tip of my nose...We shut things down during the War of Northern Aggression and during the 1930's... So just settle down and obey the law...Or don't..But accept the consequences...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you in principle.

Mar 18, 2020, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Since the governor closed all bars & restaurant with takeout ]

However, given the fact that COVID-19 is such a huge public health and safety issue, I think the government’s involvement is warranted.

If we are going to tell the government that they can’t step in during these times, then that should also mean that public funds aren’t involved when it comes to emergency personnel, hospital visits, etc., since we are sure to have many more COVID-19 cases if activities aren’t restricted. I don’t think that is what we want, is it?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

That's exactly what we want! Less government is a good thing

Mar 18, 2020, 5:29 PM

These shutdowns are going to put a lot of people out of business, especially bars and restaurants. The government closing down private businesses in this fashion is an enormous overreach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sure if they have a bottling machine at said restaurant.***

Mar 18, 2020, 12:44 PM

my restaurant has no income

Mar 18, 2020, 12:48 PM

But the bank sent me a nice email saying I could pay my mortgage online and cant come in to pay. They will even help me with it if I want to call and get instructions on how to do it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: my restaurant has no income

Mar 18, 2020, 12:55 PM

insane, right ? and you will probably be "means tested" out of your govt check, even though you are bleeding cash and have zero income as mandated by the govt. I hope you can hang in there, my friend. Let's get through this and get back to being successful and productive, assuming the govt will allow it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i just drove around Anderson

Mar 18, 2020, 12:50 PM

Several places still had the dining areas open

Re: i just drove around Anderson

Mar 18, 2020, 1:02 PM

Those folks are called Carriers...

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,980
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic