Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tommy Bowden's Weekly Press Conference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Nov 7, 2006, 11:31 AM

Quick notes from coach Bowden's regular meeting with the media. Audio and player interviews to follow. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tommy Bowden's Weekly Press Conference

Nov 7, 2006, 11:55 AM

SOS

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

terrible excuses, and his defense of Proctor is ridiculous.

Nov 7, 2006, 12:22 PM

Proctor has good efficiency, but all he throws are slants and screens with maybe 1 or 2 downfield passes. Charlie went downfield a lot more.

Ok, so on 3rd and 2 a bubble screen worked? What about all the other times it didn't work. Come on Tommy, get your head out of the sand.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: terrible excuses, and his defense of Proctor is ridiculous.

Nov 7, 2006, 12:23 PM

I promise you Tommy, we're all not as dumb as we must look.

Re: terrible excuses, and his defense of Proctor is ridiculo

Nov 7, 2006, 12:26 PM [ in reply to terrible excuses, and his defense of Proctor is ridiculous. ]

Agree 100%. He must think we're all idiots out here, that we are just going to gobble up all his lame ### excuses. He is too loyal to Proctor.

Sand? You're too kind!! LOL******

Nov 7, 2006, 12:30 PM [ in reply to terrible excuses, and his defense of Proctor is ridiculous. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2006, 4:17 PM [ in reply to terrible excuses, and his defense of Proctor is ridiculous. ]

I agree with the excuses part. Notice how he had the defensive coach do most of the post game interviews this week. I'm disappointed in Proctor, but I'm not as down on him as a lot of people are. I don't think he has been given very good options.

As for Tommy, I don't think I have ever heard a head coach at any level (other than maybe Hatfield) who was so content with mediocrity. Sure, the injuries and Thursday night scheduling were out of our hands, but saying 150 yards rushing would have been great last year....###! If it were not for a couple of big plays, we would have been held under 100 yards!

Sure, we could finish 10-3, but we could just as likely finish 8-5 if we are not careful, and 7-6 is possible, if not likely. When is he going to figure out it is not the number of losses that hurts so much, it is the lost potential! Sure we had 4 losses in the last two seasons, and finished strong, but the losses came early, and took any hopes of championship out of the picture early. At least those teams got better as the season progressed. This year we got to 7 wins and stagnated (or backslid), after showing so much potential.

Nov 8, 2006, 4:22 PM [ in reply to terrible excuses, and his defense of Proctor is ridiculous. ]

Also, when asked about the 'bobble' screens, rather than going downfield, he said, "Well, we threw an out pattern to Stuckey early, but it got stripped away." So is that a reason not to do it again? He said, "Well, if we go to the out pattern all the time, they will start camping out on it." Like they don't camp out waiting for those 'booble' screens? I keep waiting for one of those backward passes to be dropped, picked up as a fumble, and run back for a touchdown.

Nov 7, 2006, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Tommy Bowden's Weekly Press Conference ]

Same basic excuses for losing "We played a good team" BS we should have demolished Maryland. Their def is ranked 11th in ACC. With Spence refusing to adjust his playcalls even when the entire defense is within a few yards of line of scrimage, we never were going to move the ball. Only when we were at our most desperate did we attempt to throw the ball downfield and Hunter was wide open. His offense is too conservative and too predictable. Bench Proctor because he has not confidence in him and bring in Harper, at least he will throw the ball more than 3 yds downfield.

Nov 7, 2006, 3:58 PM

well, he's just trying to give Will as much playing time as possible to get gameday experience for next ye....wait, he won't be here next year...hm....well then, he must be keeping Proctor in to have the most experienced quarterback in position to vie for the ACC title ga....doh! there is no ACC title game for this team....I give up Tommy, sorry, can't help ya....

Simply infuriating. Unbelievable.***

Nov 7, 2006, 12:22 PM

"I've fallen and I can't get Up"

Nov 7, 2006, 12:41 PM

im‧plo‧sion  /ɪmˈploʊʒən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[im-ploh-zhuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. the act of imploding; a bursting inward (opposed to explosion).

I'm loving this.....

GO JACKETS!

We still beat you, very very badly, and on national TV!***

Nov 7, 2006, 1:18 PM

Re: We still beat you, very very badly, and on national TV!***

Nov 7, 2006, 1:30 PM

What a joke.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my post, or the one above it?***

Nov 7, 2006, 1:51 PM

No, Tommy's excuses...***

Nov 7, 2006, 2:08 PM

"I've won the lottery"

Nov 7, 2006, 2:54 PM [ in reply to "I've fallen and I can't get Up" ]

Main Entry: fluky
Variant(s): also fluk·ey /'flü-kE/
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): fluk·i·er; -est
1 : happening by or depending on chance

G Tech's path to the ACC championship - beat UNC and Duke who are a combined 0-10 in conf and 1-17 overall.

Nov 7, 2006, 3:33 PM

I have heard it all and not being a football coach, I probably don't know that much X's nad O's, but when I can sit in the stands and know exactly where the ball is going, then so does the opponent and that's not good. And the same goes for the defense (and they did play well), but I personally believe that we should have shut them out. But when there is little or no pressure on 95% of the pass plays, I could be the quarterback. The whole purpose of signalling in calls with decoys is the element of surprise and we have little or none. Bottomline, I feel for these kids (thats right 18, 19, 20 year old kids in front of 80,000 football geniuses) as I know thay are giving 100% and the coaches are absolutely doing what they feel is best to get the win, but in my own humble opinion, YOU HAVE GOT TO CUT THESE KIDS LOOSE- LET THEM PLAY FOOTBALL. If you play SCARED TO LOSE, That's probably what will happen. Personnally if we let it all hang out and lose, so be it, we gave it our best shot. And I was just kidding about playing QB, Will Proctor- I know you want more than anything to win these games (as all the players and coaches do)- I am behind you all!!!! You know who you are and what you're made from, don't let clowns on these boards determine who or what you are; most of them couldn't make the starting line up in pee wee football. Coaches- give them the chance to excel! The GaTech game proved we have the skills- cut'em loose!!

I feel better knowing that we lost to a good team. Whatever!***

Nov 7, 2006, 3:37 PM

Did we play Ohio State? CMON!!!!!!!***

Nov 7, 2006, 3:39 PM

HEY TOMMY!!!!!

Nov 7, 2006, 4:38 PM

From the more-than-obvious department:

You said, "We need to score touchdowns obviously. Had we done that against Maryland we would have won the game."

Well duhhhhhhhhh...................

If this is how he computes his thoughts on the field, no wonder we're where we are right now! My goodness, that's just stupid.

..:: ru4god2 ::..

HEY GOD

Nov 7, 2006, 4:58 PM

I think the fact that he said "well, we need to score touchdowns OBVIOUSLY" would indicate he thought the question was kinda dumb in the first place.

Re: HEY BOBBY

Nov 7, 2006, 10:19 PM

Sorry to indicate your son was less than a Rhodes Scholar.

Nov 7, 2006, 5:06 PM

TOMMY[ITS NOT MY FAULT WE LOST]BOWDEN.

Nov 8, 2006, 9:19 AM

AS CLEMSON FANS IT IS YOUR ROLE TO CHEER FOR YOUR TEAM. YOU ALL NEED TO SHUT YOUR MOUTHS. YOU THINK YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON DOWN ON THE FIELD BUT YOU HAVE NO IDEA. SEEMS REAL EASY FROM YOUR UPPER DECK NORTH STAND SEAT GETTING YOUR RACCOON SUN TAN. DO NOT BOO CLEMSON!!! EVER!!! CLEMSON NEEDS ENCOURAGEMENT OF THEIR FANS TO BE SUCCESSFUL. I WAS DOWN ON THE FIELD AT THE MARYLAND GAME AND I KNEW FROM THE VERY BEGINNING THAT WE WERE GOING TO LOSE BECAUSE FOR WHATEVER REASON THE FANS WERE NOT INTO IT. WE WANT TO BE A GREAT COLLEGE FOOTBALL VENUE...WE GOT SOME OF THE MOST WISHY WASHY FANS I HAVE EVER SEEN. YOU ALL NEED TO GET A GRIP!

Nov 8, 2006, 10:36 AM

You need to calm down. The play calling was predictable and the coaching was bad. Nothing you say about the fans or anything else will change that. We never made the adjustments we needed to win the game. Just because you were "on the field" doesn’t make you an expert any more than me sitting in the stands getting my "raccoon tan". Believe it or not there are a lot of fans out here that are not going to cheer their team blindly when we see such obvious problems. We are smarter than that. So get off your high horse because watching the game from the field doesn’t mean anything. If the game is so different from the field then why doesn’t Spence call plays from there? You should take your own advice and keep your mouth shut.

Nov 8, 2006, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Tommy Bowden's Weekly Press Conference ]

Absolutely- I have not (in 31 years) and would not ever boo the kids. BUT, if I have an opinion as to whether the play calling is predictable and conservative, then that displeasure may be voiced- not necessarily with booing as it could be misinterpreted by someone "on the field" as being about the kids. And I am so glad you have it figured out- its all the fans fault....duh! ...and some of the most wishy washy fans ever....give me a break! As I said, I've been there since 1975, have never boo-ed, member of IPTAY for many years, quit Iptay as it became all about the almighty dollar, still haven't missed a home game, maybe just maybe thats why you're hearing the BOO-s as now some of the loyal Clemson fans aren't there anymore because they don't have thousands of extra dollars laying around

Gripping!

Nov 8, 2006, 2:41 PM

i don't think lance a was calling out everybody that make a post or opinion that playcalling and adjustments were lacking. you are correct in stating what I see as obvious...our adjustments have been non-existent and our game-plan and play calling is too predictable. i am not a football coach and can call what our offensive plays are before we snap the ball...Lord knows an opposing defensive coordinator can. I think most would agree that Spence has a wide array of plays, but yet this year we are only using a choice 5 or 6 over and over again. If he mixes in all the different fronts and looks that he has in the playbook, our talent will be able to do something with it.

but one thing's for sure...we will continue to lose every game as long as fans like myself w/ no football coaching experience are able to predict the next play. once the surprise and guessing come back to our opposition then will we "put ourselves in a position to win football games"

Nov 8, 2006, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Tommy Bowden's Weekly Press Conference ]

amen lance. I also told my wife before the game started right after after we ran down the hill that the crowd wasn't in the game, and we could pay for that. unfortunately, our Tigers have had two bad games...well they surely aren't going to play any better when their own fans are bad-mouthing them and puttin them down. leave that to the press and the coots. their "fans" should be the one thing that lifts them up and encourages them to bounce back. Welcome to Tiger Country, now be a tiger, or get the heck out of the jungle and stay at home and watch the game on TV!

P.S. lance, you should be able to guess who this is.

We need to stand back...

Nov 8, 2006, 8:17 PM

Every sport at every level uses "the crowd" as a crutch. But we have to remember.... at away games, the CU crowd isn't only outnumbered, the crowd that IS there is against us with all their might. Yet, we say that at home game, where the crowd isn't into it, we're hurting the team.

Look, I am one of those fans that cheer all day/night and stay til the clock says 00:00. But we have to face facts and truths.... Great teams learn to play WITH or WITHOUT crowd support. Period.

DEPRESS THE CAPS LOCK key***

Nov 8, 2006, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Tommy Bowden's Weekly Press Conference ]

Nov 9, 2006, 12:39 AM

It is funny how Bowden said we can't blame it on one guy when talking about Will Procter. However, he sure did blame Jad Dean out loud in the media. He was humiliated by Tommy Bowden. He goes on to state all of Procter's stats. Yet, has he one time let people know that Jad Dean is one of the leading scorers. It makes one wonder exactly what does he have against Jad. He is not letting him do the kickoffs, but how dare he pull Procter?? Also, when Jad was up for the Groza award last year, Bowden said nothing about being proud of him. I am sure Jad felt great when he went to the awards with no one from Clemson there even though the other two had coaches or school representatives with them. Again, makes you wonder what does Bowden have against Jad. When he messes up, even though it may have not even been his fault.....Bowden humiliates him in the media. Again it just makes you wonder what he has against Jad. Last week we would have been scoreless without Jad, but no congratulations from Bowden....not a word was said to Jad.

Please stop dissing bowden

Nov 9, 2006, 9:28 PM

Okay he made excuses for proctor and the team. Wut the heck do you expect him to do put down proctor and the team. Try to kill any sorta postive enivronment going. I mean some of you clemson fans hop on the bandwagon on the ga tech win. Then hop off when we loose please just stay off and don't bother hoppin back on.

How about trying something different....

Nov 9, 2006, 9:32 PM

Just for one outting.....that is four downs.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic