Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another plea to change SC beer laws for craft brewers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 389

Another plea to change SC beer laws for craft brewers

May 2, 2020, 8:40 AM

https://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/charleston/its-time-to-make-sc-beer-laws-work-for-everyone/Content?oid=31328048&fbclid=IwAR0N1N-dctyatVlHX2pwoO38u_7x17L-Oa3UJQHPeG6EnguIuTy1LkQdvf0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't get it. We used to buy kegs all the time in high

May 2, 2020, 9:06 AM

School and in college. Granted I'm no expert and haven't bought a keg in 20 years... Is there some super large keg size? We bought tons of pony kegs and regular size kegs. Had some parties that drained 3 to 4 kegs too. Nothing like 4 kegs of beer and a 110quart cooler of PJ to break a beach house. ??. Those stilts and floor joists don't like the weight several hundred dancing drunks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can buy kegs, just not straight from a brewery

May 2, 2020, 10:02 AM

Gotta keep JFB in business

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Well, other than massive high school and college parties

May 2, 2020, 10:20 AM

I imagine the demand for them is low, especially since no parties are happening now. But beer is still being drunk, just have to figure out how to get it to average people.

I'd have already long ago stopped kegging beer and making almost all for retail distribution. Just like House of Raeford and their chicken. Sell direct. Heck, you could probably mark up more than for restaurants anyway.

But yeah, the distribution system in SC is a sham and hurts SC bigly. Not sure you can unload kegs anyway, even selling direct today. Just no demand. But the demand for the beer is still there, in bottles or cans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my 4 tap kegerator is empty right now. :(***

May 2, 2020, 2:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You and what army are drinking?

May 2, 2020, 3:58 PM

;)

That’s exactly right.

May 2, 2020, 5:44 PM [ in reply to You can buy kegs, just not straight from a brewery ]

I don’t want a change in the 3 tier system. Any supplier by law has to go through a distributor if they are going to transport any beer from their brew pub to another location.

Now they are allowed to sell their own beer made a specific location at that location only without having a distributor. If they have multiple locations though, then the distributor must pickup the product, transfer it to their warehouse; then it can be ordered for the other locations and delivered by distributor.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 389
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic