Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lulz. Trump backed himself in a corner and can't get out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 709

Lulz. Trump backed himself in a corner and can't get out

Jan 10, 2019, 10:38 AM

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1083099784012091396

The bad part is, Nancy and Chuck has cut off all avenues of escape.

These two creepy #######.

[?IMG]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Lulz. Trump backed himself in a corner and can't get out

Jan 10, 2019, 10:50 AM

this has gotten beyond surreal, I woke up to that image this morning and it has been haunting me since.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who was the dumas that suggested they squeeze together

Jan 10, 2019, 11:01 AM

at the podium? It's shiddy presentation. If they can learn anything from WCW and Mean Gene Okerlund is that one man gets the mike at a time. Just one. You can't juke and jive and throwin' down your rap when your squeezed together like a couple a sardines.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both sides are in a corner

Jan 10, 2019, 11:14 AM

Of their own making. Both sides could negotiate, but both sides see that as a loss to the other side, which is the worst thing in the world that could possibly happen to them.

Should have been a reply to the OP, sorry.***

Jan 10, 2019, 11:14 AM

The side that can wait it out isn't in a corner

Jan 10, 2019, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Who was the dumas that suggested they squeeze together ]

that side is the Dems.

Trump owns the shutdown. The longer it lasts the worse it will be on him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

"Trump owns the shutdown" is just words on a screen.

Jan 10, 2019, 11:18 AM

It doesn't mean anything practical in real life.

most republicans hate the government anyway

Jan 10, 2019, 11:28 AM [ in reply to The side that can wait it out isn't in a corner ]

and think most of the social welfare bs is just that.

Every day that the government is shut down is a good day for AMerica.

Im just pissed that Congress is getting paid. Shut them down too.

Clinton shut down the gov't for 26 days in 1995-1996.

Jan 10, 2019, 1:17 PM

I think the only reason they finally settled that problems was that most of America had found out we didn't really need them to begin with.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He won election on that issue. He's willing to go to bat

Jan 10, 2019, 11:16 AM

for it. Sobeit.

Personally, I think he should just dig into the defense department, which he runs, and stop funding for a year on the Illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator project. Take that $$$, and build a wall. Restart the Illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator program back next year.

That solution would #### off only one illegal alien...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To me, the President's position on this is more logical

Jan 10, 2019, 11:20 AM

The Democratic objection that the wall is "immoral" doesn't hold water, unless they publicly recant and apologize for times in the past when they didn't think a wall was immoral.

If it's a question of money, which is a much more logical position to take, then money can be negotiated.

I'm fine with Trump standing firm on this issue

Jan 10, 2019, 11:25 AM

Still, with $700 billion for the Pentagon, I'm sure he could easily scrape up $5 billion. Heck, just an audit and some accountability on military spending (no more $200 toilet seats, $100 toilet paper holders, $60 bolts, etc.), and we could scrape up enough $$$.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm fine with anyone standing firm on essentials

Jan 10, 2019, 11:29 AM

But, I don't view this as an essential, and as such, I believe they should compromise with each other.

Each side views it as an essential, though. But for purely political reasons, IMO.

I think it's as good a national defense expenditure

Jan 10, 2019, 11:37 AM

as an aircraft carrier. Certainly better than all of the $60 bolts the Pentagon has purchased.

But there's SO MUCH win in this article...I like the sugar subsidy idea myself, although to get that number I think they included cane sugar and corn. PLUS, you get that money back, at least 10 fold, in reduction in diabetes expenses paid for by Medicare/caid.

https://news.grabien.com/story-things-democrats-have-funded-cost-more-border-wall

Jan 10, 2019, 11:25 AM

There is a simple solution, just update the CR with provisions that the Border wall will be fully funded if (1) NAFTA remains named NAFTA since that all it is anyway, (2) Protect the Mueller Probe until its completion, and (3) require Presidents, including the sitting one, to release all their tax returns.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 1:34 PM

TSA agent was screaming at people today to take stuff out of their pockets. I said, “too bad you have nothing in yours”

I lol’ed like a champ.

#notatruestorybutgood

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 709
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic