Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
miami decommits
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

miami decommits

May 14, 2018, 11:10 AM

From their 2016-2020 recruiting classes, Miami has suffered a combined 53 de-committments. For comparison, in those 5 classes Clemson has suffered just 2 (with one re-committing), the fewest in the country.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks for the jinx***

May 14, 2018, 11:11 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: miami decommits

May 14, 2018, 11:28 AM

It's totally relevant , just look at Us vs Miami over oir last two meetings .. 59-0 and 38-3 .

So when people say that it isn't all just recruiting and player development ... they're partly right . You cannot develop players that have left , or never came to begin with .

They are in such a catbird seat in south Florida , but it hasn't panned out on the field . Clemson is head and shoulders better than the Canes right now , and the Frank Ladson commit proves it. A Dade County 5 star recruit eschews Coral Gables for the foothills of South Carolina ?

High Cotton , the highest right now .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

There was probably 5-6 that ran after seeing

May 14, 2018, 2:41 PM

that 58-0 woodshed beating we put on them in 2015. And by ran, they ran away laughing.

Social media had a field day with that one. Warren Sapp had a meltdown, planes were prophetic in their "Fire Al Golden" banners as Al Golden was set free immediately. Heck, it became funny when we had a pick six to make it 42-0, just before the half. But not has funny as them giving up a sack with a 2 man rush, or, when they ran for first down, but then ran backwards to NOT get the first down.

Nobody. I mean NOBODY that was worth a hoot was going there for the next 2-3 years that had a brain on their shoulders, i that very moment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2018, 2:20 PM

There's a great reason for why Clemson has so few decommits and thats because Dabo tries to talk kids out of committing. It has been documented well over his time here that Dabo is not going to push a kid to commit rather try to talk him out of it and to go and visit other schools and if after that Clemson is the right school then commit. Dabo understands that kids get wrapped up in the moment of being at a big time program and he isn't going to prey on that fact. Thats why when a guy commits to Clemson you can bet he has put forth the time and effort to really know what he is doing hence the lack of decommits. Other schools like a Miami or a South Carolina who try and push for commitments just for the headlines don't have Clemson's track record because unlike Clemson they aren't in it for what is best for a recruit. Which is why I am so fascinated by some of these kid's choices. You know what though it usually works out for the best.

another one yesterday

May 14, 2018, 3:14 PM

jermaine burton wr

I don’t think that is right.

May 14, 2018, 3:25 PM

We suffered the decommitment of Shaq, only to have him recommit.

But I do not count the Richardson decommitment due to the extenuating circumstances.

We have had 0 real decommitments in the last 5 classes.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: I don’t think that is right.

May 14, 2018, 3:57 PM

There's been a few more than that, and other schools can make similar cases about their decommits sometimes I'm sure too. Dalvin Cook and the corner who wound up at UGA after bouncing to like 5 schools (Juwan Briscoe I think) were both committed at one point for short periods of time. We're WAY under all of the other comparable programs though.

That was back in 2014....

May 14, 2018, 7:02 PM

Since 2015 we’ve had 0 legitimate decommitments.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Is there a link to this info? Pretty impressive.***

May 14, 2018, 7:05 PM

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

May 14, 2018, 8:03 PM

Another thing about our program that is impressive is our not going to the Junior College ranks to fill spots lacking talent. There are various reasons why our staff does not follow this policy but our evaluation process and coaching eliminates the need for going that route. It is amazing to see the number of major programs who rely on Junior College transfers.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2018, 1:10 AM

Great point Joe....

But they have the turnover chain!!!! ESPN went on and on

May 15, 2018, 10:44 AM

about what an awesome idea it was. Then we went on to beat them 38-3

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic