Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Chad Morris breaks down the Spring Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 4,353

New Story: Chad Morris breaks down the Spring Game

Apr 13, 2014, 11:37 PM

Chad Morris breaks down the Spring Game

Chad Morris has to pencil in a lot of new starters before the Tigers play at Georgia at the end of August, and he told the media Saturday that those decisions won't be based off of just one scrimmage. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wayne Gallman better transfer

Apr 13, 2014, 11:43 PM

No room for selfish me first attitudes like that on this team.

Re: Wayne Gallman better transfer

Apr 13, 2014, 11:44 PM

I see what you did there. The question is, did he publicly berate the coaches?

Apr 13, 2014, 11:54 PM

I'm sure Wayne didn't. But I'm still confused as to what Chad actually did as I've only gotten to watch on TV.

Apr 14, 2014, 6:01 AM

I would think that one would not comment if they don't have a clue. I was at the game and Swinney let Kelly have it for about a minute and his facial expressions were not of a happy person. Read what Swinney said post game!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure its the first time that's happened to Swinney/Scott

Apr 14, 2014, 8:41 AM

and Morris.... Shame on him.

these 19 year olds need to act like the men they are, instead of only occasionally letting their emotions get the best of them. And because of the occasional times, they should go ahead and lose their chance at being the guy.

Am I doing it right?

Re: I'm sure its the first time that's happened to Swinney/Scott

Apr 14, 2014, 11:35 AM

Yep!!! But you have to keep in mine that a lot of fans have never been 19 with testosterone levels peaking/Red lining way beyond average of non competitive males. I guess I should be ashamed to admit it but I'm not, I've been there and done that. I've said things, done things, that I should have not said and done under those type of circumstances. And yes I've regretted my actions later after those testosterone levels dropped back below Red line levels. As I'm sure that any of us that has had that competitive drive, has bumped that testosterone Red line and blown a gasket a few times our selves. At 63, I do wish I could get just close to the testosterone Red line level again. Heck, just getting close to the pale orange line would be a blessing. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2014, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Wayne Gallman better transfer ]

Swinney yelling at Kelly isn't Kelly yelling at Swinney. I want to know what Kelly actually did to deserve all this criticism. This is Christian Dabo not Nick Satan. I wonder if Dabo is using an incident that most would gloss over (especially if Chad hadn't thrown those 2 INTs) as a major teaching tool and we are all just overreacting.

Apr 14, 2014, 3:29 PM

Perhaps you need to read Dabo's comments about Kelly "crossing the line" with assistant coaches to get a clearer picture. Perhaps you need to google Chad Kelly and his dismissal from school in Red Lion. Perhaps you need to re-read his actions when he didn't get to play like "he" thought he should have in the Citadel game. Purple_Panther, there is a pattern here that is not amusing to me and I hope it is not amusing to other Tiger fans. I truly hope he gets it together because he is very talented, but he is not the savior for Clemson football and as soon as he understands that the better it will be for all concerned.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Per Dabo: ""You're not going to have guys crossing a line

Apr 14, 2014, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Wayne Gallman better transfer ]

with the coaches just because they're frustrated with whatever," Swinney said. "He got frustrated and reacted the way your leader can't react. It's just that simple."

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20140412/PC20/140419727/1038/cole-stoudt-shines-chad-kelly-benched-in-clemson-spring-game

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Apr 14, 2014, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Wayne Gallman better transfer ]

You be a crazy man... Wayne Gallman was the best RB on the field Saturday. When he runs like that, he should want the ball. He needs to improve his blocking, Zac and Howard were better picking up the blitz or the rush. Howard had a good game but he put the ball on the ground twice... if he had not fumbled, I would have thought he might start in Athens... I see a 3 man RB race at the moment. Gallman caught a nice pass out of the backfield as well... I like his skills at RB... the coaches can adjust his attitude... they did Leggett's and others every year.

VIOLENT is a word I like to see when speaking of RB***

Apr 14, 2014, 8:53 AM

Agree. Wayne runs like he wants to hurt someone. I like

Apr 14, 2014, 11:35 AM

his style. Can't wait to see Dye.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

me thinks some have totally missed the sarcasm going around

Apr 14, 2014, 2:26 PM

ummmm...I'm thinking the Wayne Gallman transferring was just an attempt at distraction ;) der hur...yet i found it witty/funny, and he played a pretty good game Sat.

otherwise that would mean that I was obliterated & blacked-out already at the game, because i missed any WG altercation with the coaches (& the blacking-out didn't come til waaaay later after the Esso & OT late-night, FYI).

with that being said, i DID see CK11 acting like a poutybiatch & getting sidelined (rightfully so) after he'd already made his share of mistakes with 2 INT's in the 1st half!

that isn't something good that we as Clemson or the coaches want or need to perpetuate & allow. it happens sometimes, but when these guys are throwing stupid balls & making terrible decisions, you put them on the bench!

look where it's gotten us over the past however many seasons when we give the ball up on turnovers...?! 1 is bad, 2 is strikes-out, IMO. CK11 had NO BUSINESS getting in the coach's faces, period & especially not after some of the poor choices he'd already made out there.

sorry, but when these kids start getting attitudes...you jerktheirasses up(maybe more figuratively, because they are big boys)because it IS about TEAM, as it should be. decisions on the field are serious & shouldn't be just a gamble or try. there's alot invested in the winning by many.

i like that CK wants it so badly, but he can't let his desire blind him. he's gotta walk the walk as well & not just talk it. if you can't perform right in a little old spring game & keep your composure, then HTH will you in a real bigtime game....?

Coach's have their fingers on this one right, if you ask me...

Go Tigers!

Message was edited by: jbthe1tiger99®

Replies: 13
| visibility 4,353
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic