Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey space nerds (or anyone interested in looking at space)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 547

Hey space nerds (or anyone interested in looking at space)

Apr 15, 2020, 3:34 PM

SpaceX's Starlink will go by tonight at ~9:43. SW to W at max elevation of 58°.

If you don't know, SpaceX has been launching satellites in groups of 60 to build a worldwide internet gird. Starlink 5, 6 is the newest (meaning closest to earth and brightest, and more closely bunched together) so it should be very visible tonight. It's basically a line of 60 satellites going by.

This site is pretty helpful if you want to find more.

https://findstarlink.com/

I usually go out about 10 minutes early as it's not completely accurate on start time. Still pretty cool if you're in to it.

Also, Mars, Saturn and Jupiter have been lined up across the sky.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks - looks like the weather might cooperate too***

Apr 15, 2020, 3:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

I love watching those go by.***

Apr 15, 2020, 3:38 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't know if you shared mange poast, but the ISS

Apr 15, 2020, 3:43 PM

passing over was cool. MsLovin, McJr, and I went out and watched it cross the sky. Bright enough to get a pic.

I edited it so you could see it more clearly, just below and right of the constellation dickbutt-15.

It really moves, doesn't it?***

Apr 15, 2020, 3:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like a 1970 Plum Crazy Challenger with a 340 6 pack

Apr 15, 2020, 3:48 PM

Is that a 1970 Challenger?

It is indeed. No, I don't have one. Saving my nickels for

Apr 15, 2020, 4:04 PM

the glorious day, though the price is escalating faster than I can save nickels. My dad was not the least cool thing you ever saw, and we had one for a couple of years. A few years ago I purposed within my heart to have one again, but it might not happen. I am not going to have one I can't drive, and they have reached that stage where the drivers are in such bad shape you'll spend a ton just to get it serviceable, and the rest are worth $60K and up. A few months ago one was bid to over $50 on Bring-A-Trailer, but it didn't meet the reserve. I forget how many were manufactured, but not many, so I'm too late getting in. 64 - 66 Mustangs can still be had - they made ton of those - but these are just too rare to have anything like a reasonable market. No longer automobiles, but artifacts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My dad had one, canary yellow

Apr 15, 2020, 4:15 PM
charger.png(82.4 K)

in the 70s. After seeing a pic, that's what I wanted when I started driving in 1998.

But, no money, so I found a 73 Charger SE 400 4barrel for $600 in a junk yard and ended up with about $3,500 in it.

That's yours?? Or was? Great find, and great job on

Apr 15, 2020, 5:11 PM

the restoration. Great looking machine. If you still have it, that is not a bad start to a retirement plan. :)

We watched the ISS go by twice last week...very cool.

Apr 15, 2020, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Don't know if you shared mange poast, but the ISS ]

This was Mars, Saturn and Jupiter at around 6am when we went out to watch Starlink 4.

Very cool. Thanks.***

Apr 15, 2020, 3:44 PM

The thing I have to wonder here...

Apr 15, 2020, 3:49 PM

is why SpaceX doesn't send someone to Blargon 7 in search of alternative fuels.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Blargon 7 was blown

Apr 15, 2020, 4:01 PM

away years ago with a FluxCapacitor-WindowsME Death pulse.

As Warlowered of this board, you should get better recon from your galaxy intelligence under nerdlowereds.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly what the Blargonians hoped you'd say

Apr 15, 2020, 4:06 PM

after the abduction and probing.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe why alternative

Apr 15, 2020, 4:09 PM

food gives me gas.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 547
Archives - General Boards Archive