Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yall have to see this FGF gold!!! (Link)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Yall have to see this FGF gold!!! (Link)

Mar 26, 2015, 8:59 PM

https://southcarolina.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1825&mid=211568280&sid=1017&tid=211568280&style=2&Override=1

Enjoy!!!!!! Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some of them seem to understand what's happening

Mar 26, 2015, 9:06 PM

I'm a little surprised.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got the impression OP and others are Clemson fans

Mar 26, 2015, 9:09 PM

posing as coots, but a good read all the same.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yall have to see this FGF gold!!! (Link)

Mar 26, 2015, 9:27 PM

I know we have fans that are flat out dumb, but dang, reading that garbage just makes me seriously feel sorry for those guys that yearn for the #####. Some peoples children...

Mar 26, 2015, 9:28 PM

c*cks

Re: Link-Where do they get the crap

Mar 26, 2015, 9:37 PM

That we pay our players?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah I hear them say that all the time

Mar 26, 2015, 9:46 PM

But it's just an excuse for there sinking ship!????????

You see, we give the arrest records or ACTUAL FACTS about

Mar 26, 2015, 10:26 PM

their players and coaches...they make up drivel because they have no choice. Otherwise, they'd be left with nothing but complimentary things to say about us...

Just a way for them to justify our success...we must be

Mar 26, 2015, 10:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Link-Where do they get the crap ]

paying our recruits. They just can't admit that Dabo, Scott & company are just much better recruiters than Spurrier's bunch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Link-Where do they get the crap

Mar 27, 2015, 1:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Link-Where do they get the crap ]

> That we pay our players?

Well.....

At least our players don't get 80 something percent discounts at 4star hotels....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2015, 9:44 PM

Funny! They talk about Clemson (although they still haven't learned how to spell) as a "po-dunk place". Have they ever stopped to think of what people the world over think of Columbia, SC, and even more importantly of their school? The answer is obvious. If they ever did think of usuc, it wouldn't have been a flattering mental picture.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They know what the problem is but will not face it: The

Mar 26, 2015, 9:46 PM

have an old worn out coach hobbling around and who can't remember what he said yesterday.

Who frequently throws his own players under the bus

Mar 26, 2015, 10:30 PM

just for another sip of a tasty beverage...

I'll give him credit for that cool hat he is wearing though.

Mar 27, 2015, 1:17 AM

nm

We are landing 5 stars at N alarming rate

Mar 26, 2015, 9:57 PM

Feels so good.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

LOL! Deptula is the reason we are recruiting gangbusters....***

Mar 26, 2015, 9:57 PM

I think they were talking about what Deptula said about the ACC explaining

Mar 26, 2015, 10:08 PM

How we could sell recruits better than the SEC.

1. You dominate in the ACC you are a first round pick.
2. Winning a NC is easier to do In the ACC. The fact SCar has nothing to show after their great years is a testament on how unlucky they truly were. No big bowl games, no SEC, no nothing

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: I think they were talking about what Deptula said about the ACC explaining

Mar 26, 2015, 10:13 PM

I don't think they were unlucky at all during there 5 year history (2009-2013) but rather they lost games they should not have lost (UT/UF/AU) . They just didn't get it done and now their sliver of daylight has faded .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 26, 2015, 10:23 PM

And a good deal of lucky horseshoe in their back pocket on some they did win. Having freak-of-nature, one-man-team Connor Shaw playing QB didn't hurt much either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2015, 10:25 PM

You are right , they won some games they shouldn't have , but by and large it was their terrible losses that kept them from the SEC title or any BCS game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 26, 2015, 10:27 PM

I understand that each fan base is going to have its own bias against their rival, but man. How can any person look at Williams Brice and the area surrounding it, and then say Clemson is a dump?

Then one of them mentions that he thinks Clemson is paying players, and his main point towards that is pointing out how Clemson gets so many early commits... I'm not even sure why a school paying a player would be more likely to get an early commit over one that isn't paying a player, but by this time of the process the coaches have been recruiting some of these players for at least a couple of years. How often do we see a recruit mention that Clemson was the first school to offer and has kept in touch the most? That's called hard work, that's called being good at your job. Also, does that fan just not follow recruiting? Clemson isn't even close to being the only school to get early commits. Clemson currently has 8 commits, and 14 of the top 25 teams in recruiting have 7 or more commits as well.

Going back to the hard work of recruiting and the Clemson coaches being good at it. I had a father of a past player who signed with Clemson a few years ago tell me that his son was at a camp that happened to have a handful of current Clemson and South Carolina players at the camp as well. Jeff Scott was in Florida recruiting and came by the camp to visit the Clemson players, and just to be clear I mean players already on the Clemson roster and not recruits. The father told me that after Scott left the South Carolina players went over to the Clemson players and couldn't believe that Scott had taken the time to come by and check in on them. The Clemson players said that the coaches do things like that all the time and keep in touch with them. The Carolina players said that they never saw their coaches in the offseason. That sort of thing shows in recruiting as well, not only in the coaches developing good relationships with the players, but in having happy players on the team who are also willing to sell the program to other recruits because they love their time at Clemson.

Sorry for the long rant, but it drives me crazy when people can't simply give credit where it is due. It drives them crazy that Clemson has tradition, a great college campus, great and caring coaches, etc... and all South Carolina has in return is that they play in the same conference as Alabama, Florida, Auburn, LSU, and Georgia. It's no secret why they beat the SEC drum so much, it's because they know that is all they have.

Mar 26, 2015, 10:32 PM

That is a great post , great post ! +1

DB23

Mar 26, 2015, 10:36 PM

@ clemson2003 : That is one of the best written and well thought out posts that I have ever seen on this sight . Very articulate and fact based , not to mention the use of relatable , personal accounts.
Excellent sir , you should post more. I make with the jokes and caustic humor ...but I appreciate a great effort .

DB23

Mar 27, 2015, 1:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Yall have to see this FGF gold!!! (Link) ]

That was well said man!!!

WELL SAID!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said....couldn't of put it any better

Mar 28, 2015, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Yall have to see this FGF gold!!! (Link) ]

I think most of the fans from that Midland team know that Clemson is a great school and that we are not cheating or paying players, they just don't want to accept it and have to use stupid excuses as to how we are getting great athletes.

Funny some coots still accuse Clemson of cheating when

Mar 26, 2015, 10:33 PM

THEY'RE the ones on NCAA probation.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Funny some coots still accuse Clemson of cheating when

Mar 27, 2015, 6:48 AM

For the most part, the chicken cluckers on fgf are pretty much the lowest of their lowlife. A LOT of very stupid people post on that board and you can count on their redneck, trailer-living, pervs to always spout venom on Clemson, no matter what. The ENVY on that board is obvious. Dabo and his staff and the fans CARE about the players and their families. Spurlid and his legion of minions dont even like themselves. "Hell son, we are gonna play this game with or without, its up to you". Dumba$$e$ galore in that thread.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2015, 1:03 AM

My favorite is "He will say anything or do anything to get a kid to commit. Scam artist of the century."

I said it before and I will say it again. It is easier to get into South Carolina than it is Clemson. Which means it should be harder to sell the product than the South Carolina product. Clemson keeps getting 4-star and 5-star recruits because unlike South Carolina, Clemson sells the truth. Gotta go to class, gotta keep those grades up, discipline, respect. Any freshmen you hear about Clemson's recruiting touch on that time after time.

So that line up at the top sounds more like the line fed to South Carolina recruits. That is why they always end up with 247 recruits and have to cut more than half of their roster to make room for them all.

Just wow...

Mar 27, 2015, 4:39 AM

at least some of them figured out that 1) Dabo's a very good recruiter and him and the staff (IMO) are personally invested in the players they bring into the program, 2) our stadium and facilities are up there w/ anyone else in the country, and 3) Clemson is a heck of a lot better than Columbia any day of the week (might be b/c the country boy in me prefers small town environment over city life, but I digress).

the ones that said their game day environment was better than ours - dear God, what happened to them? I went to Billy Brice three times to watch a game (2 during m.s./h.s. with a church youth group, and the '1st & 35' game during my junior year at Clemson). The area around Billy Brice is a dump and yeah, I can do without the 5 mile walk from my car to the stadium w/o walking through some of the areas around that stadium. At least my walk from the on-campus apartments on the east side of Clemson's campus to DV has a lot more favorable sights to see on the walk. And they boast about gameday environment when 'Bama, Florida, Georgia, etc. are in town? Please, my last Tiger game I attended was '08 against the Citadel and that game environment was better than anything I'll ever experience in Columbia.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2015, 9:08 AM

Most funny post of them all:

gamecockjosh
Post #444
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore
Re: Just don't see how Clempson keeps getting these 5* guys Reply

We beat you guys 5 out of the last 6 years and 6 out of the last 9 years. Is that supposed to taste bad? Last year was a blip on the radar screen. Our worst coached defense in school history against your senior-laden defense. Enjoy it while you can!

I guess he has a hard time looking at the whole history to see the 5-peat was the blip. It's only 1 of 2 times they've had a streak of 4 or more....and the history is still separated by over 2 decades worth of game difference.

man yall have no idea how happy it makes me to

Mar 28, 2015, 12:04 PM

See them like this. They know they are doomed for the foreseeable future. GO Tigers!

Did Dabo's traffic stop video actually get released?

Mar 28, 2015, 2:55 PM

I never heard about this. What's the story?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for that . One of the most entertaining

Mar 28, 2015, 4:22 PM

things on Tnet in a while

I always find it funny that they call Clemson a dump

Mar 28, 2015, 5:11 PM

but Columbia is nationally recognized as the armpit of the Atlantic coast.

Sorry to anyone that lives there, but a dumpster fire would be an upgrade over Columbia.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic