Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
hate to bust some of your bubbles but....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 661

hate to bust some of your bubbles but....

Jul 10, 2020, 6:04 PM

I had some time on my hands this afternoon, to do some research. Many have posted how crime is spiking in major cities. I'm actually not even refuting that, however I am refuting is being due to what some of you are saying ... defunding the poe poe.
I took a look at Philadelphia since it was mentioned in another thread. This is from April 13th. Mr Floyd was murdered on May 25th, before anyone even mentioned defund the police or stand down measures by local politicians. But but lets use stats to your own narrative.
Make no mistake violent crimes is a problem in a lot of major cities, and some neighborhoods
It's just weird how some of you are like "seeeeee told ya", when trends are already trending. Correlation does not = causation

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/homicides-in-philadelphia-are-on-worst-pace-in-a-decade/2361843/

from April 23rd - pre Floyd murder
https://www.phillymag.com/news/2020/04/23/philly-murder-rate-coronavirus-crime/

from Dec'19
https://www.inquirer.com/news/philadelphia-crime-levels-2019-shootings-homicides-police-20191230.html

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Re: hate to bust some of your bubbles but....

Jul 10, 2020, 6:12 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2020, 6:20 PM

you are so wrong. these neighborhoods have put so much police in these neighborhoods, including anti gang, gun, drug task forces, of all types, tons of overtime. Much of that is being taken away now, and many aint happy about it....see post of nyc cops getting their pensions and going home.

Im not sure what the answer is for high crime cities. I have lived in many of them including Chicago, DC, and Compton (LA), Mission District (SF), that have lots of Black on black crime and brown on brown crime. and I can tell you its not the war zones the media makes them out to be.

Tony, you are the most ignorant lib in here....

Jul 10, 2020, 6:25 PM

Pretty stupid, too!

Re: Tony, you are the most ignorant lib in here....

Jul 10, 2020, 6:27 PM

k cool

Jul 10, 2020, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Re: hate to bust some of your bubbles but.... ]

Jul 10, 2020, 8:53 PM [ in reply to Re: hate to bust some of your bubbles but.... ]

OK numb nuts I will pay for a all-expense paid weekend vacation for you and your family to the south side of Chicago. Do you have the balls to accept my offer. I get to choose where you stay, eat and sites you visit!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2020, 6:19 PM

how do you explain a 240% increase in burglaries if not police related

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2020, 6:24 PM

i'm not sure what ur asking. The point of the post is that crime has been on the rise, for some time now, not just in recent weeks, due to cops standing down or whatever.

I wish I could know why, but unfortunately I can't. Nobody seems to be able to

Jul 10, 2020, 6:30 PM

just an opinion, but if i am a burglar, car thief, etc, i would be emboldened with the de-fund the police talk, figure they will not respond in fear of a confrontation, risking being charged with a crime

just take your time, write a report, no way you want to hurry and potentially run into a thief

at least rape and armed robbery is down, guess social distancing is working

Jul 10, 2020, 6:37 PM

I can appreciate your thinking on that, and who knows it may be true.

I think thats a worry to a lot of people that think that way. The media is very good at grabbing headlines and playing on fears of many people that will never even set foot in these cities

It’s 100% true

Jul 11, 2020, 7:25 AM

At least for the one cop that directly told me that.

Not something I read on Facebook, not an email forwarded from aunt, not a friend of a friend. Someone I had a phone conversation with. It was after the Floyd thing

Jul 10, 2020, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Re: hate to bust some of your bubbles but.... ]

Jul 10, 2020, 6:38 PM

wait what?
i'm listening fill me in

Jul 10, 2020, 6:43 PM

Jul 10, 2020, 7:01 PM

I can get down with that. I vaguely recall the don lemon video. I agree and always have that people need to take some Responsibility in some of these neighborhoods. Black on black or brown crime is terrible. I worked my ### off to get out of the hood, and make sure my kids didn't fall into the wrong crowd, and they grew up to be good members of society. I think its s very complex issue of broken homes, easy money, lack of skills and or education.

But I can't control anyones lives or choices.... "hey Mr drug dealer, go to school, get a real job"

you seem to be lumping again, as you said earlier "all the pro-BLM", posts of mine. I actually haven't posted much on BLM at all, for or against, with exception of the karen painting over the streets this AM. I couldn't care less about what streets are painted what (most blk folks I know don't). Don't give a crap about these monuments (most blks I know don't). I have never condoned looting. Just as theres many videos of POC stopping looters/rioters all over

Jul 10, 2020, 7:06 PM

Jul 10, 2020, 7:20 PM

Yup just can’t help it. I actually only mention it coz of ur reply on that thread. I was at the gym and not focusing well.

Anyways I think ur a good dude too. Ur a dude right?

Jul 10, 2020, 6:55 PM

looks like they have been told not to arrest/detain suspects because of covid

"Philadelphia Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw has instructed the department to begin delaying arrests for a slew of low-level criminal offenses — including all narcotics activity.

The unprecedented move comes as the city takes emergency measures to contain the rapid spread of the coronavirus through the region.

An internal memo obtained by Billy Penn and WHYY states that crimes including theft, burglary, prostitution, stolen automobiles, vandalism, and certain economic crimes will no longer automatically result in detention. Police will also temporarily stop enforcing bench warrants to individuals who fail to show up for court.

Effective Tuesday, arrests for these offenses will instead be “effectuated via arrest warrant,” according to Outlaw’s memo.

That means officers may detain and identify a suspect in order to gather evidence, but the alleged offender will then be released. Officers will submit paperwork for the charges and, if approved by the city’s top prosecutor, District Attorney Larry Krasner, an arrest warrant will be issued at a later date — presumably once the COVID-19 outbreak is under control."

https://whyy.org/articles/philly-police-to-halt-narcotics-arrests-other-charges-during-covid-outbreak/

Jul 10, 2020, 7:24 PM

Awe man. I was so ready to have my bubble busted....??

But I not only agree with defunding police, I want police completely abolished in every major city in our country. However, I want them to retire or find work elsewhere, not be unemployed.

Jul 10, 2020, 7:26 PM

Good luck with that

I don't blow bubbles.

Jul 10, 2020, 8:09 PM

Sometimes I don't have the energy to fart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so its bad Democrat leadership...gotcha***

Jul 10, 2020, 8:31 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

it's Trump's fault they can't control the cities they run***

Jul 10, 2020, 11:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

major cities gave 'no police' a trial run during looting

Jul 10, 2020, 11:02 PM

most let the looters and rioters do their thing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 661
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic