Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson football protest March
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,062

Clemson football protest March

Jun 10, 2020, 11:52 AM

Will be at 6 pm Saturday on Bowman. Dabo Swinney, Trevor Lawrence and Darien Rencher expected to speak.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will it be aired live on ESPN?

Jun 10, 2020, 12:01 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Clemson football protest March

Jun 10, 2020, 12:05 PM

When I attended Clemson University I remember seeing the few African American students there were, and thinking about the irony of those students walking from class to class on the same ground where their potential ancestors may have walked as slaves. I can’t even begin to imagine their own feelings at that same notion. We can’t change the ground they walk on but we can certainly change the names of a few buildings to lessen the reminders of having once been considered less than human. To leave the names where they are is asking nothing of the majority of white students, but is demanding that the rest of the student body split hairs on the prospect of honoring someone for the good they did and ignore the bad. Who should give in here? I believe in the art of compromise this is low hanging fruit. Some will ask, “where does it stop?” We draw the line at CLEMSON, and perhaps thought police. Even presentism has its limits.

I stand with the team. Go Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said***

Jun 10, 2020, 12:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

love intelligent discussion***

Jun 10, 2020, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson football protest March ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“I stand with the team. Go Tigers” _ Perfect .

Jun 10, 2020, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson football protest March ]

Young adults thoughtfully engaged and peacefully advocating change.

As a Boomer, it has taken some time to listen and to acknowledge that my perspectives may not always be the best.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2020, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson football protest March ]

You articulated this better than I ever could.

You're also spot on about about the fact that changing the names would be asking almost nothing of the of white students/alumni. Seriously, I could not give a rip about the name "Tillman Hall". If it was changed tomorrow to represent something a whole lot less sinister, I would feel good about it, but, I would feel much better for my fellow humans whom don't have to be reminded of time period where they were treated like animals.

I know there some who are tethered to history, and this is a sore spot for them, but there are history books and webpages to look up the things you want. The day to honor outspoken slave masters has come to an end.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2020, 12:05 PM

Is this the same as the unity march that Packer and Durham were discussing with Aamir Simms, or is it a different event?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jun 10, 2020, 12:18 PM

Common sense says it's the same one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2020, 12:26 PM

Well...there is a difference between unity and protest, although it can be combined as well. Is it ok to ask for clarification?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jun 10, 2020, 12:08 PM

Thanks for the info David!

Will they be allowing kids to get autographs?***

Jun 10, 2020, 12:16 PM

Jun 10, 2020, 12:19 PM

Espn fools will say it’s a march against Dabo.

Jun 10, 2020, 12:48 PM

Are we allowed to wear our "Football Matters" T-Shirts?

Yes. Just don’t wear it to the pool.***

Jun 10, 2020, 12:52 PM

Who the HAIL would protest football? Especially CLEMSON

Jun 10, 2020, 12:50 PM

FOOTBALL???

Two things:

Jun 10, 2020, 12:53 PM

1) Something tells me this will be Dabo's best moment. With time and reflection comes knowledge, and I think he'll be at his best this weekend.

2) I would love to hear from Jeff Davis and/or Woody McCorvey. The leaders they both are, the knowledge and life experience they both have,...I think they would provide an amazing insight to their roles and experiences at Clemson (the school), Clemson (the town) within the Football program and the staff they work along side.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I find it disconcerting that Dabo, Rencher and TL are

Jun 10, 2020, 1:13 PM

protesting Clemson Football.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Nuk and DW4 Should Attend

Jun 10, 2020, 1:26 PM

Watch Dabo will get credit for peacefully renaming buildings on campus. St. Dabo performs his next miracle and heals the South.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,062
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic