Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: 2015 Schedule Breakdown and Predictions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

New Story: 2015 Schedule Breakdown and Predictions

Jun 4, 2015, 8:12 AM

2015 Schedule Breakdown and Predictions

It's the dreaded downtime, and even though it's still way too early TigerNet takes a look at the 2015 football schedule and predicts the wins and losses. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: 2015 Schedule Breakdown and Predictions

Jun 4, 2015, 8:30 AM

Great predictions. I truly think we beat FSU this year. That's not to say we won't slip up elsewhere but I think we will be tremendously focused and will Pull that one out at home

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, I actually think the road trip to Louisville on

Jun 4, 2015, 9:31 AM

thursday night on only a 4-5 day turnaround is going to be the toughest game all year. Road teams rarely win on thursday night without an off saturday before hand.

Jun 4, 2015, 8:30 AM

I get that FSU is always talented, but at the end of the day, we are at home and I'll take Deshaun over Golson. Sure, they have 4 and 5 stars but so do we. We have recruited at a very high level. We will beat FSU in my opinion.

Jun 4, 2015, 8:33 AM

My opinion, too, and we should have come away last year with a win at their place. I like us this year to win that game at home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 star 5 star it's all about the same

Jun 4, 2015, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: 2015 Schedule Breakdown and Predictions ]

Once you recruit players in the top 100 and 200, their differences in rankings don't mean much. It's how they fit your needs and your scheme by then. We will know by the time we play FSU how well our O line has congealed. If well, then I see this as a win.

Re: 4 star 5 star it's all about the same

Jun 4, 2015, 9:28 AM

5* usually equates to the top 50 +/-, and 4* to the top 300 +/-. So, yes within the group of players in the top 100-200, there's not a ton of difference. News flash, FSU has more kids in that group.

'15 CU 3 top 100, 1 5*, and 10 4*s; FSU 6 top 100, 4 5*s, and 11 4*s
'14 CU 2 top 100, no 5*s, and 8 4*s; FSU 6 top 100, 3 5*s, and 12 4*s
'13 CU 3 top 100, no 5*s, and 10 4*s; FSU 3 top 100, 2 5*s, and 7 4*s
'12 CU 1 top 100, no 5*s, and 8 4*s; FSU 8 top 100, 6 5*s, and 6 4*s
'11 CU 5 top 100, 2 5*s, and 7 4*s; FSU 9 top 100, 5 5*s, and 10 4*s

The best news from those statistics is that FSU loses more guys to early NFL careers. The classes above represent the kids that could still be in school. On that list, Clemson has 14 top 100 recruits, but only 3 of those were 5* or top 50. Over that same period, FSU has 32 top 100 recruits, of which, 20 were 5* or top 50. I'll agree that there isn't a lot of difference between # 40 and #60, but there's probably a difference between #10 and #95.

I share the view of some posters here who feel optimistic about the FSU game as well as the Ga Tech game, but I also live in the real world and have to acknowledge that there is a talent gap between Clemson and FSU. It's much less than it has been and I think we do a better job of developing young men and keeping them in school. Home field is also big.

Jun 4, 2015, 9:35 AM

must be using espn stars, deshaun was a rivals 5 star and so are wilkins, McCloud, and Cain.

If you want to include espn then peake was a 5 star as well, hyatt by most services and a 5 star for rivals to the last minute

Jun 4, 2015, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Re: 4 star 5 star it's all about the same ]

The ratings matter for recruiting purposes. On the field performance matter in game time and that come from building up your players. Beasley was a 3* on rivals. Look at places like Boise State and Kansas State and GT. They build their players up. Our coaching staff knows how to build up our players and we recruit at the same level these days as other top 10 programs. Have some confidence.

Forget *'s

Jun 4, 2015, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: 4 star 5 star it's all about the same ]

We should have beaten them last year in their house and will do so this year in OUR house.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jun 4, 2015, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: 4 star 5 star it's all about the same ]

Has everyone on here forgot and perhaps never new that the single most important position on any football team--it's the QB geniuses! I believe we run the table make the playoffs at a minimum and the main reason is Mr. Watson, I believe!
Assuming he is not cheap shotted, he will play all year and good luck to those trying to defense him or have all on this board forget what we saw against FSU last Fall when he was a frosh?
I'm All in For the Tigers in 2015 in more ways than one!

yea, golson is a turnover machine, 2-3 per game***

Jun 4, 2015, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: 2015 Schedule Breakdown and Predictions ]

Jun 5, 2015, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: 2015 Schedule Breakdown and Predictions ]

We have recruited at a very high level...but FSU has recruited at the highest level. We're a very talented team, but from the "raw specs" standpoint, they're a more talented squad.

Jun 4, 2015, 8:31 AM

The answer is one........ One player........ Cooper. He's the only one I see that could start as a Tiger. That done is the real deal. Great article Hoods. Keep em' comin'

Jun 4, 2015, 8:32 AM

I really doubt we lose to GT. FSU maybe, but that is a game we should have won last year at their house. In our house, I don't see that as a certain loss. They do have talent and great depth, but I think we will be pretty good, too.

Didn't GT just boot an experience back?

Jun 4, 2015, 8:57 AM

Seems like GT is thinnest where it counts the most for their offense. Most of their backs are inexperienced and even some are freshmen. I think this is somewhat of a rebuilding year for them

Win for us.

"...lost the last 3 to worse quarterbacks..."

Jun 4, 2015, 8:33 AM

Nikki, really? You think Golson is better than 2013 version of Winston? That's interesting.

Re: "...lost the last 3 to worse quarterbacks..."

Jun 4, 2015, 8:39 AM

i could be wrong but I think she is referring to our loss to the Georgia QB, Thomas at GT, and to Maguire at FSU.

Re: "...lost the last 3 to worse quarterbacks..."

just kidding,

I guess it was updated.

Jun 4, 2015, 8:42 AM

I think I am most worried about Louisville. Short week, early in the season, their place on a Thursday travel. Will we even have time to practice that week after playing at home Saturday? I assume travel up Wednesday so watch film Monday, practice Tuesday, walk through before leaving Wed?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2015, 8:57 AM

Take a look at who the Tigers play the 2 weeks prior. You can be assured that they will have a few days of preparation in those weeks dedicated to the Louisville game.

Jun 4, 2015, 8:44 AM

Simply put, our season will be over if we lose again to FSU. No ACC Championship, no CFB playoffs and at some point our losing to them will begin to affect recruiting. We've got to win.

Jun 4, 2015, 12:27 PM

D@: you arte a man of vision and I agree with your statement. We WILL beat bthe THUGS from Tallaysassy!

Jun 4, 2015, 9:15 AM

Wimps! :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hypothetically, if we lose to FSU...again...at what point

Jun 4, 2015, 9:29 AM

does he become Tommy Bowden II??? To move up the college football ladder, we have to start winning some of these big games. And losing to FSU year in and year out is totally unacceptable!!!

If we are to become a steady top 10 program, we have to win 40-50% of the games vs FSU.

At what point do you admit you are a dumbarse coot?

And while it is clear you are a dumbarse, it is not possible for you to be a dumbarse Clemson fan. You are just too stupid for that. But hey, I'm the one responding to the troll.

At what point do you admit you are just a dumbarse??

Jun 4, 2015, 12:03 PM

Here I am wanting to see Clemson reach the pinnacle in college football, and yet you f'ing idiotic morons keep calling me a coot. Dumbarse!! I want to see Clemson win National Championships!! Not continue to finish second behind FSU.

Re: Hypothetically, if we lose to FSU...again...at what point

Jun 4, 2015, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Hypothetically, if we lose to FSU...again...at what point ]

good old all time coot

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crump, fire them both! Hire some homers.

Jun 4, 2015, 9:30 AM

1 or 2 losses...crazy. We are going 15-0.

Jun 4, 2015, 9:37 AM

I think we beat FSU this year. I hope im wrong but I think we slip up to a NCSU or a Louisville. Thursday night early in the season scare me and a Halloween at NCSU (a place we struggle at times) is also a game that causes concern.

Jun 4, 2015, 9:56 AM

2-3 losses in the regular season. Too many ?s on def and Off. Most likely lose to Lville, NCSU and FSU. It will take a year for the off and def to really gel. GO Tigers. Hope I am wrong.

DEAD WRONG!!

Jun 4, 2015, 12:51 PM

nm

Look, right now it doesn't matter

Jun 4, 2015, 6:58 PM

people are going to dissect the schedule and put it back together to dissect again before we kick this thing off but for me at no time in Clemson's history have they amassed the amount of talent Clemson has on the team at this point and looking at the schedule there isn't one game on there that you can look at and honestly say Clemson doesn't have a good chance to win. I know in some of the analyses you point to years past to explain some of your conclusions but to me there is a big difference in not only talent but in a kid named Deshaun Watson that this Clemson team has that no other Clemson team did. As long as Watson is on the field all year I can see the Tigers having an undefeated regular season. FSU is the only team where I can see the Tigers losing but I will pick the Tigers because they're at home no matter what happened a couple years ago. I don't believe in GT I think they were a 1 year wonder but it is funny how they get all this pub after doing one time and here Clemson is after their 4th straight double digit win total still getting questioned. GT has to replace all the talent at the skill position on offense and their defense counted on a lot of turnovers its hard to count on teams turning the ball over to win so I think Clemson wins by at least 2 TD's. As far as the other teams go besides FSU I think there are too many holes to fill with lesser talent than Clemson.... I say 12-0 and get beat in the Playoff with next year being the year to duplicate 1981....

O ye of little faith... Never concede anything. NEVER! 15-0***

Jun 4, 2015, 10:11 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2015, 10:22 AM

FSU lost a lot of players on defense. They're going to have a good secondary. DW is a great qb he's going to definitely put a good show on against them. My prediction clem35- FSU 28

Why pick?

Jun 4, 2015, 11:35 AM

Circumstances can change, Did anyone predict Clemson as national champions after Ford's poor pre-championship performance. Nevertheless, I predict that you will both be wrong. I want to see one more championship while I am still here.

If Clemson wins one this year, you'll see two....***

Jun 4, 2015, 11:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Concern with our younger D-line being able to stop GT is

Jun 4, 2015, 10:45 AM

valid, but Tiger fans have all the reason in the world to expect Brent Venables to have those boys ready! In Venables we trust.

Jun 4, 2015, 12:20 PM

Anything less than 12-0 would be a letdown. We do not lose at home. How can you 2 not see that. Maybe you all need to be shown the door ! Did your brains get too hot in death valley az ? Hope you will change your mind real soon. Disappointed !

HAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I seem to remember losing at home by 30 something

Jun 4, 2015, 2:06 PM

2 years ago.

Re: I seem to remember losing at home by 30 something

Jun 5, 2015, 8:37 PM

What don't you understand about "we don't lose at home"? Clearly you're lying. We definitely didn't get horribly embarrassed on national TV two years ago.

The App St. game will define our season

Jun 4, 2015, 1:50 PM

In prediction with everyone healthy, if Clemson beats App St with authority, we will proceed to be undefeated. Let me explain:

All the teams we play have spots to fill. Not App St. All the other teams on the schedule we will be a focus point. App St game has the ability to be lost with a big win against Wofford following a preparation for a Thursday night match-up versus Louisville.

App St. may not have the talent level. But if you recall 2007, they didn't match up well with Michigan either, in the Big House, in Ann Arbor. If we crush them, like beat them like we beat SC State last year, then this will be the year we go undefeated (again barring major injuries throughout).

We can beat FSU in November. It has happened before (the week before we went to Williams-Brice in 2003 comes to mind). GT is replacing RBs. I don't care how well Thomas runs the option. It isn't as easy without veteran RBs. Those are the only two games I am concerned with. Everything else will come down to Clemson being Clemson!

Re: The App St. game will define our season

Jun 4, 2015, 2:05 PM

You're an idiot if you truly believe App State game will define our season. I honestly don't even see many starters playing a heavy rise of snaps due to the short week.

Re: The App St. game will define our season

Jun 5, 2015, 7:14 PM

- They are the most ready to play early.

- They return 20 starters.

- Can be an easy over-look game (between what should be a big win verses Wofford and a Thursday match-up at Louisville)

A loss versus App State, we would be done.....Say what you will about talent level. We need to make sure we will be ready to go at that point. Not an idiot....just see the trap....And in time and schedule, App State looks the most promising.

FSU IS Soooooooooooo Overrated !!!

Jun 4, 2015, 2:21 PM

Its sort of like "the big lie" .. ie the Nazi German Invasion Of Poland, WMDS in Iraq, Economic Globalisation Is Actually good for the USA Economy, and now, FSU is too awesome, nobody can beat them ....

FSU was EXPOSED by Oregon ... you run a fast-paced O, have a decent D ... those FSU student-athletes didn't know what hit em ...

We WERE beating FSU last year, but remember we put in DW too late and we found ways to lose ?

Long story short, keep our heads, just play our game ... and FSU should be just yet another routine win

Remember, you heard it first on TigerNet !!!

Re: FSU IS Soooooooooooo Overrated !!!

Jun 5, 2015, 8:46 PM

I think you're underestimating FSU. FSU was blown out by Oregon after they themselves made a plethora of turnovers. Before that, they were keeping pace. They're a very talented team, and well coached. They're going to be young and inexperienced next year, so we should be in a good position to pounce, but let's not forget we've lost 3 in a row to them. They haven't exactly been an easy out for us.

Re: FSU IS Soooooooooooo Overrated !!!

Jun 6, 2015, 11:48 AM

Winston was known for throwing the first half and coming back in the 2nd to win games last year. Heisman? Check. National Champs? Check. 1st pick in the draft? Check. Appearance in the 1st ever playoffs? Check. $50-$100,000 for him to spend right off the rip, the day after that playoff game? Uncheck. Or was it a check? This time the game got out of reach for even him to comeback from. Doesn't seem completely out of reach given the level of confidence and "superman-esque" way in which he views himself - not to mention the fact that he already proved everything there was to prove. This was just fun money for him, and after bringing home FSU's 1st title in the last 15 years... why not, right?

In 2013, every team in the country finished 2nd behind FSU. In '14 every team in the nation, with exception of two, finished behind FSU.

We play in a tough division, and honestly that's how I'd prefer it continues to be. Why? Because iron sharpens iron. We work harder in the offseason, get bigger, faster and fundamentally sound in our technique and learning and mastering our assisgnments. So when the lights come on, and it's time to run down that hill - we know that whichever team awaits us at the bottom, is in for an absolute slaying the entire rest of the night. Our guys put in too much work not to enjoy a lengthy blood bath and hearing all the praise from our fans. They'll cherish and embrace those moments in a most fearless manner, yet oyr players and fans will strike up some major fear, doubt and nerves within anybody within the white lines of our field not wearing orange. We fear no team, and no team will escape our house this year with a win. Mark it down.

Get ready for some blood baths within our division in the coming years. We'll be the main event many weeks throughout the season, where eyeballs across the country are tuned in hoping to see one of our teams fall, so that their's might slip into the playoff discussion.

If it's not us, it'll be FSU or even UL, every year - solidyifying a playoff spot and forcing ESPN to allot sufficient air time to the cover the developments which peaks the interest of all thise viewers. Especially when we take AU down week 1 of 2016.

Jun 6, 2015, 7:20 PM

If we do not "slip up," we will go the distance. If we do "slip up," it will be at Louisville. We get the FSU "monkey" off our back this year, and we beat Ga Tech like a drum.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic