Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Dabo on those who think season will be a waste with a loss to SCar
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Football Update: Dabo on those who think season will be a waste with a loss to SCar

Nov 20, 2012, 4:11 PM

Dabo on those who think season will be a waste with a loss to SCar

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately Dabo...

Nov 20, 2012, 4:14 PM

There will still be people here unhappy even if you win them all...

Don't worry, we don't like those folks any more than you do.

GO TIGERS! BEAT SCAR!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unfortunately Dabo...

Nov 20, 2012, 4:15 PM

No. There won't be anyone unhappy if we win them all. That's stupid. That would have meant we wont a national championship, which is the ultimate goal in college football.

I like Dabo a lot. But maybe that attitude is why we've been murdered on the field the past 3 years.

Have you seen this board? Yeah there will.***

Nov 20, 2012, 4:22 PM

Re: Have you seen this board? Yeah there will.***

Nov 20, 2012, 4:25 PM

Anyone who is unhappy with an MNC is a Coot.

It's understandable to be unhappy with a 4th straight loss to SC.

Actually...

Nov 20, 2012, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Unfortunately Dabo... ]

I was taking the opportunity to criticize some on TigerNet.

But good on you raising the ante and criticizing the head coach instead. wondering if it'll be you or me complaining when we win them all.

My money is on you...

Re: Actually...

Nov 20, 2012, 4:26 PM

I guess, dude. WTFEver

I can't believe you have to nerve to say that someone who's not happy with getting spanked by SCAR for the 4th straight year wouldn't be happy with a NATIONAL TITLE.

If you're okay with losing to South Carolina...that's your problem. Not mine. But don't put words in my mouth.

Again...

Nov 20, 2012, 4:29 PM

it was a joke to criticize the forever unhappy on TigerNet.

No one wants to lose to SCar dude. Check your meter.

Nov 20, 2012, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Unfortunately Dabo... ]

> No. There won't be anyone unhappy if we win them all.
> That's stupid. That would have meant we wont a
> national championship, which is the ultimate goal in
> college football.
>
> I like Dabo a lot. But maybe that attitude is why
> we've been murdered on the field the past 3 years.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2012, 4:28 PM

meant to say, winning them all wouldn't automatically mean a mnc.(not for us)

Most years it would. And I was assuming that one of the games in the "win them all scenario" would be the title game.

Then all the folks bicchin' about the ACC would come out in droves. Lol.

Nov 20, 2012, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Unfortunately Dabo... ]

Please!!! We have been losing to a better coot teem. This time though, I think we are a little better than the are with the home field advantage. I think that the only way we could lose this time around. Would be for us to have to many turn overs on their side of the field. I think we could recover from 1 maybe 2 turn overs ending with points. I really do b/c our Offense I believe is that good. I really do believe that!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2012, 1:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Unfortunately Dabo... ]

> That would have meant we wont a
> national championship, which is the ultimate goal in
>

Huh???????

Sorry Coach Swinney

Nov 20, 2012, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately Dabo... ]

You didn't win the piece of dog biscuits ACC. If you dont beat usuc you've done nothing.

with all due respect to Dabo........he doesn't realize......

Nov 20, 2012, 4:17 PM

how hard it was for past Clemson coaches to lose 4 in a row to South Carolina.

this game IS a MUST WIN........and it IS a busted season if we don't............SORRY.

Sooooo, no happy birthday wish for Dabo then? ***

Nov 20, 2012, 4:18 PM

nm

Re: Happy Birthday Dabo!!!***

Nov 20, 2012, 4:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

exactly.if we cant win the conference title..

Nov 20, 2012, 4:23 PM [ in reply to with all due respect to Dabo........he doesn't realize...... ]

then we must win this.if we lose it becomes a waste.sure we would have won 10 games but against a bunch of tomato cans.at least beat one team with a decent record for christ sakes.

Not many people know how hard it was because it has only

Nov 20, 2012, 7:21 PM [ in reply to with all due respect to Dabo........he doesn't realize...... ]

happened once. In the early 50's. I doubt he wants to join that club.

Re: with all due respect to Dabo........he doesn't realize......

Nov 20, 2012, 7:46 PM [ in reply to with all due respect to Dabo........he doesn't realize...... ]

You have no idea. I'm sorry. I'm a Clemson born fan all my life. But DAbo grew up here in Alabama. There is no rivalry uglier than auburn and Alabama. He understands. Or maybe do u want to bring back Bowden and lose to the Wakes of the world?

Re: Re: Unfortunately Dabo...

Nov 20, 2012, 4:22 PM

I agree with what he said. Yes its the most important game, yes a huge rivalry, but a ten win season is no need for disappointment! I remember coot fans saying" we don't care about anybody but Clemson" are we saying this now... I hope the Hell not!!!!!! Now I have had enough losing to them and this year we shut them down and make our run!!!

i remember when losing tot he coots..

Nov 20, 2012, 4:25 PM

was unacceptable..now its like o well we did win ten games.and end up in a lack luster bowl for a ten win team if we happen to lose to the coots

Re: i remember when losing tot he coots..

Nov 20, 2012, 4:28 PM

I'm not sure if it's a defense mechanism to cope with the worst case scenario...or if people truly don't care about losing to the Coots.

I hope it's the former.

He knows full well that losing 4 in a row will be very

Nov 20, 2012, 7:43 PM

Disappointing. Anyone on here 40 and under did not see 2 in a row in their lifetime until 2 yrs ago.

Re: Football Update: Dabo on those who think season will be a waste with a loss to SCar

Well Dabo, I would swear on a Bible that there are a few that feel they could live with losing 11 as long as we beat the coots. But I'm not one of them. I would be so freaking mad about the 11 losses, that I wouldn't give a pile of the coots own chicken poop for that win. You lose 11, you have to get the flip out of Clemson and fast. Lose 11 straight and the coot game don't mean a coot pile of poop to me. I want to win all of them just as bad as the coot game. But since we are in state, a coot loss is just harder to get over.

I agree with that last senence. Now let's do it. All in!***

Nov 20, 2012, 4:45 PM

Re: Football Update: Dabo on those who think season will be a waste with a loss to SCar

Nov 20, 2012, 4:57 PM

That is a tough question to answer. You have to balance how important the SCar game is and not diminish the accomplishments of the rest of the season.

Yes we will all be extremely disappointed if we lose Saturday and its not acceptable but it doesnt make this a bad year. Just makes a good year end on a sour note.

Raise the Bar!

Nov 20, 2012, 6:09 PM

Let me give my two cents worth:

This conference is an absolute JOKE and IS the reason we are so poorly rated in the BCS. You would have to be beyond an idiot not to realize that. So, when you only play a couple good teams a year, and one of them happens to be the Lamecocks, guess what, it means even more, if that's possible. Add to that we have lost THREE IN A ROW. If Dabo can't figure this out, he needs to go NOW.

so, if our AD is worth anything, he needs to let Dabo know in no uncertain terms, if you lose Saturday, you are on life support. If we fall five times in a row, I'm pulling the plug and the Tigers will have a new HC, regardless of our record.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We basically need to win our next 2 to say we beat 2 ranked

Nov 20, 2012, 7:48 PM

Teams this yr. otherwise, yeah we won the games we were supposed to but none of the supposed even matches. In hindsight we should have never been challenged by auburn and Iwill chalk that up to working out the kinks

Re: Raise the Bar!

Nov 20, 2012, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Raise the Bar! ]

Finally someone that has taken off their "orange"-colored glasses and can see reality. If you exclude FSU (10-1), the other 10 teams we played had a combined record of 48-62. Add them back in and it's still 58-63. FSU is the only current top-ten team we played and we lost to them. Our rivals opponents were 69-52 and three of the teams they played are in the current top ten....and oh yeah, so is our rival. If we cannot beat the 6th best team in the SEC, is our program really where we want it to be? Is it ok to go 10-2 but not even win our division in the ACC or beat our in-state rival? I will leave that up to each of you individually.

He sounds like all the former coot coaches

Nov 20, 2012, 9:07 PM

when we waxed their butt every year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2012, 9:25 PM

You guys are truly something. You obviously read into something whatever you want. Your comments tearing down Dabo are not consistent with what he said. Not once in this article did he diminish the importance of the rivalry. In fact, he said:

"Yeah would it be incredibly disappointing if you don’t win this ball game? You dang right. It’s not only the biggest game of the year. It’s the most special."

He was simply stating he is not willing to chalk up the season as a failure should we lose. I hate the Gamecocks and hope they lose all their games every year, but I agree with Dabo on this point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have played three of the top five coot teams in history...

Nov 20, 2012, 10:15 PM

each of the last three years. This year the chickens again have one of the top five teams they have ever had. I think we win Saturday, but how would Tommy Bowden coached Clemson teams have fared against these four coot teams? The coots that we beat under Bowden were less than mediocre.

We were willing to forgive for winning the ACC and getting

Nov 20, 2012, 11:06 PM

to a BCS bowl, but we will not for losing to a Sakerliner team that is on a downward slide at the moment....especially at home. Confidence and discipline will win this game. No excuses! Keep our focus and play our game and we will win. Happy Bday my man, but remember, losing is not an option.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Keeping It Simple: Win the Games where we are Favored

Nov 21, 2012, 12:10 AM

Dabo has the team on the rise. We are winning at home and winning against inferior opponents. With the poor talent of the ACC, this is every team but Fla State.

It is a short window. Offensive Line has grown a bunch this year. Defense has shown brief spurts of improvement and BV is the right man for the job. O Skill Players, Tajh, Sammy, Nuk will be gone after next year. Ell-Train after this year. Chad Morris may stay next year. He may not. He will certainly be offered more than Dabo currently makes to take over as college program HC next year.

Back to the point. We have to win SC game when we are favored at home. Win it Dabo. Do not talk about it. Win it. Then CELEBRATE! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

look at the schedule, it set up for an automatic 10 wins!

Nov 21, 2012, 8:19 AM

They must beat USuC. That is what Clemson does. When you play in a crappy ACC you have to judge your season by how badly you beat the coots.

Re: look at the schedule, it set up for an automatic 10 wins!

Nov 21, 2012, 10:37 AM

SO,, is that why we have only done it twice(counting this year) in the last 20.... think about it.. Wake , and the bunch were no better in 1990 than they are now.. but we somehow didnt always win that set up 10..... Dabo has brought a winning attitude to Clemson again .. i like being in the top 15 all the time.. makes living with these Aholes in Alabama easier..

Dabo just doesn't get it***

Nov 21, 2012, 9:23 AM

nm

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic