Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Footballs silly season and Dabo...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Footballs silly season and Dabo...

Nov 24, 2016, 9:56 PM

Now that we are entering the coaching carousel of the college football silly season, we can expect the rumors and false stories to abound about a bunch of coaches to include Dabo Swinney. Regardless of what rumor or "sports board poster with links to insiders" claim, I'm fairly certain Dabo is not leaving Clemson for any other school - particularly Texas. Here is why:

1. Dabo can play for national championships at Clemson. 2015 and now 2016 prove that Clemson has the credibility with the CFP Committee to be selected for the playoffs.

2. Clemson is a national brand now and can recruit the best players from anywhere in the United States.

3. Dabo has ownership in the Clemson program. He spent the last 8 years building this program to reflect his values with the Clemson family and program culture being very much a part of who he is and deeply ingrained in his blood.

4. Dabo's words and actions indicate that money is not the driving force in his life. Even before Dabo was making the big bucks, he took part of his salary and used it to increase the pay for assistant coaches. He recently donated $1 Million for Clemson Athletic Scholarships - coaches who are chasing money don't do this kind of thing. Dabo has also made numerous comments that he has enough money and that his Christian faith and serving others is the most important thing.

5. Dabo knows that he is on the cusp of being the greatest Clemson coach in the modern era (if not all time). He has the facilities, coaches, recruits, and rabid fanbase to build a dynasty and is finally seeing the fruits of his hard work. The new football complex that is being built is his vision come true and I predict will someday have his name on it.

6. If Dabo has another 5 years of championship caliber football and brings home a national championship, he is all but guaranteed to have a permanent/secure coaching position at Clemson similar to Frank Howard, Frank Beamer of Virginia Tech, or Snyder of Kansas State.

7. Dabo's relationship with the BOT, School Administration, Athletic Department, and donors is beyond reproach. He has everyone's confidence and support and this is a big reason why special things are happening for Clemson Football.

So.. what can Texas offer Dabo that he can't achieve or already have at Clemson? Nothing really. The only thing Texas really has to offer is deep pockets of money but as mentioned above - money does not drive Dabo. No, I'm quite sure Dabo will not seriously consider any offer from Texas.

In my opinion, the only place that could make a run at Dabo would be Alabama - if "Momma comes a calling" then it may tug at his heart strings and really cause him to consider a move - but I still think Dabo stays at Clemson. The current era of Clemson football is Dabo's creation - it would be extremely difficult for him to say goodbye to all that he has built even for Alabama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Footballs silly season and Dabo...

Nov 24, 2016, 10:00 PM

Doesn't most of Coach Swinney's family live In Clemson now? If so it would be hard to imagine him ever leaving.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Footballs silly season and Dabo...

Nov 24, 2016, 10:06 PM

Excellent Observations and well written!!! I would give you two thumbs up but I only got one on this board!!! And I agree with your Take on things 100%

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol....don't be too naive...Texas (&their booster club)

Nov 24, 2016, 10:30 PM

can make Coach Swinney and generations of his family afterwards rich beyond need. That's not an inconsiderable thing

If successful (and who can doubt he would be in those circumstances), He'd be a minor deity in Austin and harvesting one of the richest recruiting fields in the country.

But he and his family do seem to love the University and the area like we all do. Hopefully he'll be at Clemson a long, long time

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lol....don't be too naive...Texas (&their booster club)

Nov 24, 2016, 10:46 PM

Oh I am far from naive. I'm just old enough to realize that when a family donates $1 Million dollars to a scholarship fund they really aren't worried about "generational money"...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo also knows Texas is spoiled

Nov 24, 2016, 10:57 PM

by prior success. Extremely demanding. I am satisfied Charlie would have been fired this year even if he'd had much better results. There is no patience for rebuilding years because they think that money does all things. His life would be constant turmoil with fans and administration even if he did a great job.

Re: lol....don't be too naive...Texas (&their booster club)

Nov 24, 2016, 10:57 PM [ in reply to lol....don't be too naive...Texas (&their booster club) ]

why be a minor deity in Austin,when he can be a major deity at CU,and why go to a program on a steep downslide,when you've just built a very successful one that has strong national recognition?dabo is intelligent and shrewd enough to know that money doesn't buy happiness or fulfillment,and money is the only thing he would gain by going to texas.

null

But, if not wildly successful, he would be better

Nov 25, 2016, 12:14 AM [ in reply to lol....don't be too naive...Texas (&their booster club) ]

off in every way, including financially, to stay at Clemson. If he had them competing for the NC in a year or two, then yes, it would be a long term financial windfall. If not, the death threats would start and the honeymoon would be over. Texas folks are very fed up with rebuilding and are ready NOW. Expectations would be absurd. If he stays at Clemson, the overall picture is much better for Dabo.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Let's spend zero more time worrying about it, then

Nov 24, 2016, 10:56 PM

including the long missives. No more, please, anyone.

+1***

Nov 24, 2016, 11:06 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic