Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Clemson were to play Alabama....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

If Clemson were to play Alabama....

Oct 30, 2013, 2:33 AM

Provided Clemson brought their A or B game, how do you think they would fare against Alabama given their current roster and level of talent?

During the Chick-Fil-A bowl last year against LSU, my dad thought that Clemson, based on how they were playing near the beginning that game, would have probably played better against Alabama.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we played our A+ game I think it would be a nail biter

Oct 30, 2013, 2:37 AM

However, if Alabama played their A+ game I think we would lose regardless because they have more talent on the offensive line & secondary especially.

Call me crazy but we could very well beat them.

Oct 30, 2013, 3:56 AM

College football has finally (with 85 schollies apiece) reached parity. No doubt they have more quality depth....but on any given Sat.....anybody COULD beat anyone else. I'll say this....on our A game, we could beat any team in the nation.

Re: Call me crazy but we could very well beat them.

Oct 30, 2013, 5:01 AM

Yea,like we could beat FSU( 2 game losing streak).
Want to talk about A game?

If you turn the ball over 4 times playing Wofford,

Oct 30, 2013, 5:35 AM

any team would have a tough time winning. I'm not taking away anything from FSU. They were the better team October 19th. They were the team that played solid, consistent, and didn't turn the football over. We got beat by a better team on THAT DAY, but we embarrassed ourselves with the way we played. We can play with FSU, just not the way we played that day. Not being a pumper, but we can beat a HEALTHY UGA team with Gurly and Marshall. I don't see how anyone doesn't think we could play with FSU IF we didn't kill ourselves. If we play well, we can play with FSU....we definitely wouldn't get blown out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The thing about the FSU game though. We got outscored

Oct 30, 2013, 9:06 AM

35-14 even AFTER the fumbles and 7 of those were garbage points in the final seconds. It's not like we spotted them 17 then got our act together and played them close the rest of the way. We got our ##### handed to us the entire 60 minutes and at no point in that game did we ever play to their level.

Hahaaha. BLOW OUT! We are not even close to being ready

Oct 30, 2013, 4:08 AM

for Alabama.

Re: Hahaaha. BLOW OUT! We are not even close to being ready

Oct 30, 2013, 4:15 AM

I humbly disagree, sir. We could very easily beat Bama, FSU, ORE or any team in the country. So much depends upon the bounces of an oblong ball, momentum and a bunch of kids playing a game. I do not see how any rational fan of CFB could disagree....

Did you forget about the FSU game?

Oct 30, 2013, 4:19 AM

Don't make excuses. FSU dominated us in our house. You can't go back and say shoulda, coulda. woulda. The game was played and they won.

If you don't think Alabama is better than FSU, you are not a very astute football fan. Clemson does not have the coaching or player talent at this point.

i am not so sure fsu wouldn't win. it would be very good

Oct 30, 2013, 6:07 AM

game, regardless. fsu looks like their '90's teams, so far this year. 'bama wouldn't blow'em out - no way, no how.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would love to see Alabama and FSU play. Without the two

Oct 30, 2013, 8:26 AM

playing, I would say Alabama is the better team. I wouldn't be certain of either team if they were to play but I think it would be a great game. It would definitely be a more competitive game than we played against FSU.

lol

Oct 30, 2013, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Did you forget about the FSU game? ]

"If you don't think Alabama is better than FSU, you are not a very astute football fan."

This sentence says a lot about your football knowledge...

FSU's Offensive Line, Wide Receivers and Secondary are worlds better than 'Bama's. They're even on RB, QB, LB, TE, and 'Bama gets the nod on DL.

Re: lol

Oct 30, 2013, 8:32 AM

Who said that coot??? It's sad to read you guy's always sticking up for big brother>

Tell me this do you think the coots could beat Bama or FSU?

Re: If Clemson were to play Alabama....

Oct 30, 2013, 4:58 AM

Lets concentrate on Virginia.
If we play Bama,then it means Bama didn't win the SEC.

It's our Offensive line...

Oct 30, 2013, 5:54 AM

That is the difference, no push up front, and defenses consistently getting in Tahj Boyd's face.

What has Jameis Winston done? He's handed the ball off to running backs and had time to sit in the pocket and wait for receivers to get open deep - all thanks to his O-Line. You put Boyd behind the FSU O-line and he then becomes an NFL franchise QB prospect and top Hiesman candidate, and all those games we looked bad in are an entirely different scenario.

It all boils down to the trenches. When Boyd gets rattled early, it takes him a while to recover, and opposing coaches learned this early in the season, and come after him hard and fast.

I wish they would hire Danny Ford to help recruit and scout - with all the flare and potential of Clemson's offense, to be successful, it all boils down to meat and potatoes in the trenches.

O-line vs D-line can pretty much tell you how any game is

Oct 30, 2013, 6:21 AM

going to go every time. Exceptions to every rule, but if your not getting push from your O-line, or pressure/disruption from your D-line, it's certainly going to make it hard to be effective...much less win. Agree with you 100%, as would anyone who has ever played or coached the game at any level from high school to the NFL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would require an almost perfect game

Oct 30, 2013, 6:51 AM

but, yes, we have the talent we could knock them off if we get points on the board. Johnny Football shredded Alabama's defense this year, but A&M's defense was awful. Our defense is better than A&M's. I would be hard pressed for anyone to say that Alabama's offense is better than the healthy UGA offense we beat, and while we gave up points and yards to them, we made clutch stops when it matters. Alabama's offense is definitely not as good as FSU's. A couple of big plays by Sammy, a solid showing from the the rest of our WR's, and Tajh is healthy to run when needed, and we could beat them

Re: Would require an almost perfect game

Oct 30, 2013, 8:18 AM

You made several good points that could very easily happen if we played them.

we'd get stomped.***

Oct 30, 2013, 7:02 AM

What would the spread be on the game? That is the question

Oct 30, 2013, 8:08 AM

I say we would be +14.5

Re: If Clemson were to play Alabama....

Oct 30, 2013, 8:16 AM

It would depend on who turned the ball over deep in their own territory and how many times. We could beat them but if they played their A game and we did, too, they would win because they have a few more blue chippers than we do. They have a lot better players across the board than we do.

our "A" game of the year was probably vs UGA........

Oct 30, 2013, 8:27 AM

we'd get beat by alabama if we played like we played against UGA

Bama is slightly over rated

Oct 30, 2013, 8:53 AM

Top 5 team, not number 1 though. We'd probably get beat, but I like our chances with them over OSU, Baylor or Oregon.

Or 9 more games with FSU to make it 5-5 ;)

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic