Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Venables by the numbers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Venables by the numbers

Mar 23, 2012, 11:29 AM

Venables by the numbers

How does new Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables stack up with other with other defensive coordinators around the country? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should've hired Venables AND Shannon as Co-Coordinators

Mar 23, 2012, 2:04 PM

Give em both 800 :]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We should've hired Venables AND Shannon as Co-Coordinators

Mar 23, 2012, 6:57 PM

That's why he left OU. Didn't want to share the job.

im shocked at where Steele ranked

Mar 23, 2012, 6:59 PM

dadgum.

Re: im shocked at where Steele ranked

Mar 24, 2012, 12:19 PM

Not many wanted to admit it but, KS just couldn't get the job done at Clemson. Also, all the comments made about Saban was glad to get rid of Steele without firing him. Most of us didn't won't to hear that either. Steele talked a good game. But his actions on the field just wasn't happening. I don't wish him any bad. But I'm sure as H&ll glad he isn't at Clemson anymore. I was really hoping that the coots would have hired him when they were talking interest in him. LOL, and I said I didn't wish him bad. Whoaaaa, the coots would have been awfull for him!!!:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lets hope the new DC can do half as good with the def.

Mar 24, 2012, 10:44 PM [ in reply to im shocked at where Steele ranked ]

next year as Morris did with the offense his 1st year.

If so then Clemson should be in for a very good year

Re: lets hope the new DC can do half as good with the def.

Mar 24, 2012, 10:45 PM

lol---you ain't kiddin' about that.....it would be fantastic to see everything start meshing with so many very young players

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There was a great, series of in-depth analyses of BV here...

Mar 23, 2012, 8:32 PM

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/2/13/2793872/venables-clemson-defensive-comparison

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/2/6/2767579/venables-ou-defensive-comparison

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/1/30/2754120/brent-venables-at-ou-stats-w-and-w-o-a-co-dc

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/1/24/2726115/venables-history-on-the-recruiting-trail

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/1/23/2726025/venables-related-q-a-with-crimson-and-cream-machine

What the numbers show, Ellis and USC wasn't as good as

Mar 23, 2012, 11:18 PM

USC and ESPN wanted everyone to think they were.

All we heard was how Ellis and the USC def. was so strong. These numbers seem to disprove that in a big way.

Re: What the numbers show, Ellis and USC wasn't as good as

Mar 24, 2012, 12:33 AM

yeah, the numbers really show how bad USC's defense was last year. 3rd in total defense, 7th in turnovers forced, and 11th in scoring defense.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/1049

Mar 24, 2012, 12:58 PM

And the only ranked team you beat during the regular season was Clemson. Too bad you couldn't beat unranked Auburn so you could get destroyed in the SEC Championship again. Man does the East SUCK!

I would be seriously depressed if the best season in the history of my school was an 11 win season beating 2 ranked teams including a meanigless bowl game, no Division Championship and no Conference Championship.

Coots win 11 games = Best season in history of school, fans ecstatic.

Taters win 10 games = D. Coordinator fired, fans highly disappointed.

Mar 24, 2012, 2:11 PM

11 wins was awesome for them. H&ll, it was on the evening news every night here in cootlumbia for two weeks. That is how i can tell when they have done something that they have never before done. It will be the top story on the evening news for a couple of weeks....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last season was like what I read poster says on another site

Mar 24, 2012, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: What the numbers show, Ellis and USC wasn't as good as ]

he calls it

THE GREATEST SEASON THAT WASN'T

they can't win a bad division in THEIR GREAT SEASON,

they can't even be called the tallest midget in the bad SECeasy.

Re: Last season was like what I read poster says on another site

Mar 25, 2012, 1:24 PM

how about clemson's great "championship" season this year that ya'll celebrated. Couldn't even finish in the top 20, lost by 3 touchdowns to your rival, and the best team you beat all year was Vatech

Mar 25, 2012, 12:32 AM [ in reply to Re: What the numbers show, Ellis and USC wasn't as good as ]

11-2 was the Best Season by either team in my lifetime (or at least in my memory). First time either school has finished the season ranked top-10 in the BCS too.

If the SEC East is that bad, then how bad was the ACC? SEC East had 2 teams ranked ahead any team in the whole ACC.

How about your division? Wake finished 2nd and lost 41-7 at home to Vandy. SEC East is a far tougher division than the ACC atlantic, not to mention we have to play 3 games vs the SEC west every year too, compared to playing those games vs ACC Coastal.

Too bad the team from the SUC West that beat you

Mar 25, 2012, 8:32 AM

lost to a Lowly ACC team

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Too bad the team from the SUC West that beat you

Mar 25, 2012, 1:21 PM

yeah you guys beat Auburn. Congrats but thats irrelevant, you still got beat EASILY by the 2nd team in the east. If you think the east is weak (which it is down right now) then by comparison you have to think the ACC as a whole, and especially the ACC atlantic is just complete trash

It's not that irrelevant

Mar 25, 2012, 11:04 PM

You beat unranked Auburn and you win your division. "Lousy" Clemson beat them and they suck pretty bad according to you.

Mar 25, 2012, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Re: What the numbers show, Ellis and USC wasn't as good as ]

Yeah, the ACC is no powerhouse by any means. You don't hear us bragging all the time about our conference though do you? The SEC East did have 2 teams ranked higher than the ACC if your talking about the AP. Not true in the BCS though. Clemson and Va Tech are both ranked higher than Georgia.

I don't know about the East being "far tougher". Including Georgia's 10 wins the rest of the East averaged less than 7 wins. And, you're really going to talk about your 3 games versus the West? That's laughable! 13-16 Loss to Auburn, 28-44 Loss to Arkansas and a 14-12 Win against a 2-6, 7-6 Mississippi St. You didn't have to play LSU or Alabama and still couldn't win your Division.

You brag about being in the SEC and when the schedule comes out you whine about who does and doesn't have to play the best teams in the West. You can't have it both ways. If you were as good as you claim to be, you would want to play Alabama and LSU to improve your strenght of schedule.

I think it's funny that you also tried to change the rules for next year because you lost the Division to Georgia.

now we have a Coot crying about Clemson having a

Mar 25, 2012, 2:20 PM

better season overall than USC

USC can't match the shortest midget in the SECeasy.

Tell us when was the last time USC won a Div. in any football conf. or made it to a BCS bowl.

as the poster on another site says

USC just finished the GREATEST SEASON THAT WASN'T

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic