Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Court-yard Marriott Clemson - Superb Hospitality!!! *****
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Court-yard Marriott Clemson - Superb Hospitality!!! *****

Jun 21, 2019, 12:56 PM

So, I've heard quite a bit of whining today on T-net regarding the Court-yard Marriott Clemson. I'm not one to jump to the defense of a business, especially one that has allegedly caused harm to a fellow Tiger, but I feel compelled in this instance.

I have been a Tiger fan going way back to '12. Never missed a home game or a bowl game. Due to business meeting I had in Dubai in early September, I had anticipated missing the Clemson/Texas A&M game. Luckily I was able to close the deal early and come to an agreement with the Al Falasi Family ahead of schedule (it's amazing what a few extra Dirhams their way will do).

This left me with a major dilemma... I had no where to stay in Clemson for the A&M game! I have promised my fishing shack on Keowee to 40 of my DKE brothers, and there is no way in Hades that my Margo will sleep on the Maltese Falcon.

I called my buddy Arne Sorenson at Marriott and explained my predicament. I had helped his son with some legal misunderstandings, so he owed me a favor. He went out of his way to free up a block of rooms at the Marriott in Clemson so that Margo, myself, and our two Saluki pups could have separate rooms, along with a few members of the Al Falasi family who have never been to the US.

Some folks say that customer service is dead, but I tell you that Marriott Hotels is heads and shoulders above the rest in this regard!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Everybod knows the Saulki's was the reason

Jun 21, 2019, 1:07 PM

NmN

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Thats good to hear! someone earlier was looking for rooms at

Jun 21, 2019, 1:09 PM

the Courtyard. Hopefully they'll read this post and

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Thats good to hear! someone earlier was looking for rooms at

Jun 21, 2019, 1:21 PM

I must admit that this post sounds a little on the self absorbing mode but it has absolutely nothing to do with what earlier people were complaining about. Theirs was not a business deal, a favor paid back, of anything about some royal family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thats good to hear! someone earlier was looking for rooms at

Jun 21, 2019, 1:29 PM

This seems to be the thing that some contrarians do here, now. I’m not sure if it’s an inside joke, or they’re so emotionally detached from reality that they do these “opposite” posts as a troll to get a reaction out of the original posters. For validation? Perhaps it’s intended to be an attempt at humor? We will never know.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

let me enlighten you. It was an obvious joke

Jun 21, 2019, 2:42 PM

I chuckled a little bit

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Court-yard Marriott Clemson - Superb Hospitality!!! *****

Jun 21, 2019, 1:25 PM

Since this hotel is always at capacity on football weekends, I wonder who got bumped to make room for you.

Is this reel?

Jun 21, 2019, 1:29 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

TL; DR

Jun 21, 2019, 2:11 PM

SMH

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2019, 3:18 PM

That's some good news. I had something similar happen. They bumped some people for a couple of rooms for me too. Doubt I make it to the game, but I have the option of showing up.

"How to throw my weight around"

Jun 21, 2019, 3:31 PM

Threads are the bomb! Just...the bomb!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, Mr Sorenson's lawyer!***

Jun 21, 2019, 3:21 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2019, 3:53 PM

I think I have met you before at Obed's tailgate before a couple of home games. Are you, like me, a member of the Range Rover owners club that meets at the Poinsett Club once a quarter?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic