Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Retail down 16% since COVID
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Retail down 16% since COVID

May 15, 2020, 12:05 PM

But our resident sales associate tigermanac® says hes only down single digits and a few doors.

Answer for yourself. I honestly haven't cut down our retail purchases since COVID, but I have cut down my dining out by more than 70%. I may be in the minority with increased purchasing from retailers because we are baby prepping, but it seems that with Amazon booming, that the majority of Americans are simply taking their shopping online.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

We haven't bought kids spring clothes or stuff like that

May 15, 2020, 12:13 PM

but we bought a laptop so wife can work from home better.

Laptop was >> clothing

We bought a new stove last month too, right AFTER we ordered the new laptop. Yaaaay for spending all our money!

Both boy's birthdays are this month, so we ordered alot from Amazon. I would say our spending is UP, but that is normal in May for birthdays.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd be happy to donate some clothes to the li'l tikes***

May 15, 2020, 12:16 PM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not likely.

May 15, 2020, 12:41 PM

YOU, putting clothes ON children?

Seems counter-intuitive.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Yea, I don't think it's going to happen either

May 15, 2020, 12:51 PM

Looks like Frederick's of Hollywood doesn't have a youth section.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boys' pants half-off?***

May 15, 2020, 3:53 PM [ in reply to I'd be happy to donate some clothes to the li'l tikes*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We haven't bought kids spring clothes or stuff like that

May 15, 2020, 1:06 PM [ in reply to We haven't bought kids spring clothes or stuff like that ]

Footwear is tanking right now. I mean tanking. Who needs a new pair of fashion shoes when you cant go anywhere. Seeing the same with seasonal color polos, wovens, etc.. No one is buying these because there is no where to go.

##### Sporting Goods sold 3.5 years worth of dumbbells in 45 days. That is crazy. They have surpassed a whole year of sales for treadmills since March 1. Its crazy how the spending has shifted.

Run Specialty is making out ok. The people I know that own shops are down 50-60%, however its just them doing curbside and they are able to keep the rent and mortgage paid. People are moving more than ever, so pans out well for them and most wont lose their stores.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My spending is way down across the board.

May 15, 2020, 12:15 PM

Dining. Went from typically out on Friday night, two meals on Saturday (3 if up early for something) and 1 on Sunday to going out either Friday or Saturday night and I'll do a drive through lunch when left to my own devises on Saturday.

We've been getting 1 growler of beer a week from various places but that is probably half what we were spending.

I think I've gotten 2 tanks of gas in 50 days.

I spent ~$60 on a couple of backpacks with water bladders for our hikes. Spent ~$15 on some netting to keep the birds out of my blueberries.

I have not spent any money at Lowe's since my work from home started.

There are a few things I'd like to get tackled but honestly they aren't worth the home improvement store hassle. Same goes for some new clothes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 backpacks with bladders for $60? Did you get them from

May 15, 2020, 12:20 PM

Big Lots?

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All I know is one is a miracol and one is a Sharkmouth

May 15, 2020, 12:26 PM

. Ain't nobody in this house need any camelbak.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I laughed

May 15, 2020, 12:31 PM [ in reply to 2 backpacks with bladders for $60? Did you get them from ]

Because I had the same thought.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I laughed Me too***

May 15, 2020, 2:22 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same.

May 15, 2020, 12:23 PM [ in reply to My spending is way down across the board. ]

If this pandemic had not happened, it would have been live music, and the restaurants and alcohol that go hand in hand with that. The only thing I've spent money on in the last two months is groceries. I haven't been able to go into music stores, so looking for a new bass has been on hold, but I guess I haven't really needed anything else. So in summation...all that cash I'm flush with will go towards buying up the stuff people are selling for pennies on the dollar to try and survive so I can resell it at an exorbitant mark-up and get even richer.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

New bass on hold?

May 15, 2020, 12:35 PM

Cant you just take a pole out to the lake and get one?

Not buying one until I can run my hands up and down the

May 15, 2020, 12:52 PM

scales.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

only thing i've saved on is gasoline***

May 15, 2020, 12:19 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We feel rich bc our spending is so much lower.

May 15, 2020, 12:20 PM

Dining out and groceries are the biggies, but other stuff as well. Even in my business, way less trips to Staples.

I think our online spending and spending on streaming entertainment is up, but not nearly as much as what we're saving with not dining out and other physical retail.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

less eating out. way less gas. we'd already scaled back on

May 15, 2020, 12:26 PM

random trips to Target (because we'd just spend money for no #### reason). Spending more on groceries, but we come out ahead considering we aren't eating out as much. We have bought some stuff online to help entertain the kid...did a little of buying at Lowes/Home Depot right as this kicked off (garage organization stuff, new grill, mini blinds for a bunch of rooms, some yard maintenance stuff). Also got new home office stuff, but most of that was in week leading up to the shut down..maybe 1-2 trips to pick up stuff after the fact. Oh and we've bought a few thousand legos in the last couple of months. accelerated adoption day gifts...

Amazingly I haven't spent a ton on Amazon. mostly because I want to support the local places, but I don't want to be bothered with local people. Heh. seriously, so much stuff is delayed on Prime, that I realize that i don't really NEED it.

I haven't had time to execute on any other home projects that I have on my list and that's a shame (redo deck, build a treehouse, install some wainscotting, paint roms, redo bathroom, redocarate dining and living room...) I have big visions, but no time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

I'm sure you can trick FBCoach into

May 15, 2020, 12:30 PM

building a deck for you. He can even add lighting now.

The price of Legos will drive anyone insane.***

May 15, 2020, 12:33 PM [ in reply to less eating out. way less gas. we'd already scaled back on ]

Decorating's easy at Rooms to Go***

May 15, 2020, 12:36 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know I am better than Rooms to Go

May 15, 2020, 12:52 PM

Our baby has all pottery barn kids furniture. Nothing but the best for a baby that ain't mine!

Re: Retail down 16% since COVID

May 15, 2020, 1:01 PM

I can only speak to my segment.

Gap, Kohls, Nike, Nordstrom, Adidas and many others are all basically packing up Spring in their stores and moving into late summer inventory at this point. They are going to pack and hold, offer nothing "new" per say in Spring 21. Spring 21 booking is now and I am one of only a handful of vendors offering new and new styles.

But go ahead and let your engineering expertise flood me with retail landscape information.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just tryna to poke a bear for some Friday shitposting***

May 15, 2020, 1:39 PM

Judging by the multiple packages that arrive every day at my

May 15, 2020, 2:00 PM

house, I'd say my wife has not slowed spending one bit

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

here's something to buy......

May 15, 2020, 2:15 PM

Belk has Tommy Bahama golf shirts for the price of a t-shirt. These are $110 downtown Clemson.

https://www.belk.com/p/tommy-bahama-collegiate-emfielder-2.0-polo-shirt/3202380T220856UN.html?dwvar_3202380T220856UN_color=503339519961&dwvar_3202380T220856UN_color=503339519961#q=clemson&srule=Price-Low-to-High&start=15&sz=84

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Retail down 16% since COVID

May 15, 2020, 3:55 PM

I have cut my dining out by 95% since the virus. I had 2 to go meals in 2 months. I am not sure what the percentage is. My retail shopping outside of food at the market and one vacuum cleaner is nill.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic