Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Athlon Sports Names Clemson No. 10 in Preseason Top-25 Poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,312

May 22, 2008, 9:43 AM

Tommy Bowden's Clemson Tigers grab the No. 10 position with 12 players selected as All-ACC performers. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we all know that our feathered friends are the

May 22, 2008, 10:41 AM

defending preseason national champs for the past 46 seasons.

kiss of death....***

May 22, 2008, 11:09 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THE TIGERS ARE IN MY HEART..... BUT THE DUCKS ARE IN MY PANTS....

why is #10 the kiss of death?***

May 22, 2008, 12:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in Clemson's case, history has shown that over-hype or high

May 22, 2008, 1:58 PM

expectations usually backfire...

am i glad we're up there near the top 10? heck ya!!! But it just seems like we don't live up to stuff like this....

hopefully, our boys will prove me wrong!

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THE TIGERS ARE IN MY HEART..... BUT THE DUCKS ARE IN MY PANTS....

Re: in Clemson's case, history has shown that over-hype or high

May 22, 2008, 3:48 PM

Mark my words, people will be on here voicing their opinion on firing bowden if we finish anything less than rank 10 now. Sad, but true. You be the judge of what you really think will happen rankings set asside:

At FSU (awesome freshman class and normally pretty good)
At BC (We have not beaten them since they joined the ACC)
At Virginia (finished with the same recored we did)
At the Georgia Dome Vs. Alabama (enough said)
USC at home (Decent SEC team now, and spurrier)
Gt at home (we normally struggle with them)
At Wake (Finished with the same record as we did)

Everything else we should roll over, but those are not exactly cup cakes like that #10 ranking suggest. I know last year means nothing but we were supposed to be in the champ game last year and ended up about the same as wake and virginia. Hype is Hype, Ill believe #10 when we win some of those big games. Who knows maybe we are that good and will dominate all of the teams I listed but preseason hype history has made me think otherwise.

Qualification: "TB history." ******

May 22, 2008, 9:23 PM [ in reply to in Clemson's case, history has shown that over-hype or high ]

Re: Athlon Sports Names Clemson No. 10 in Preseason Top-25 Poll

May 22, 2008, 12:21 PM

It must be nice to be Ohio State(most likely #1 again). No conference title game to ruin your season and possibly end with one more loss to end your BCS hopes like the SEC ACC BIG 12......

It must also be nice to be ranked #1 every year and play no one! lose one game to a crap team and they are still in the title game race it seems every year. Preseason rankings are total crap and should not be used PERIOD! Rankings should not come out until at least the 5th week of the season and be based on the current season's success using SOS, PF, PA, TY and so on.... to rule out any biased opinions. SOS can not be used obviously for the first game if preseason rankings are not used that is why you use the first 5 or 6 games to determine if a team is "for real" or not. Not based on last year.

As for season end rankings, Saying you played a ranked oponent should only be said if that oposing team is still ranked at the end of the season... AKA USC being #6 then losing the next 7 games. Meanwhile every team that beat them in the SEC was saying how good of a win it was to beat them...... Rankings are so screwed up in general without even going into how stupid the BCS is.... PLAYOFF! Immagine the NFL(power rankings which don't even matter come out like the 7th week), NBA, MLB, Division I-AA football, College Basketball, and heck even MLS without a playoff system! It would suck!!! Im so tired of people saying a 4 or 8 team playoff would take away from it.... The only teams happy with the current system are teams like ohio state and USC and Texas who have a #### schedule and an automatic conference bid and always have a chance at the big dance.....There is no way ohio state would have ever won the Title game or even gone to it with a playoff system. If you want bowl like matchups still, why not schedule more games like Clemson and Bama at a neutral site during the regular season. Then you would know even more about conference strength.

LOL, can you guys tell I hate all rankings yet... ok thats enough. Im boring myself. P.S. I agree with the kiss of death statement. Two SEC teams(Bama and USC), At FSU, At Boston, and a couple other non cupcake ACC games like GT seem to always give us a little trouble... not as easy as it seems. GO TIGERS!

dangit!!!!!***

May 22, 2008, 12:25 PM

Just like MIKE said...

May 22, 2008, 3:03 PM

Just DO IT!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bring on Bama!***

May 22, 2008, 4:24 PM

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,312
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic