Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Post Spring Starters - Offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

New Story: Post Spring Starters - Offense

Apr 21, 2015, 9:36 AM

Post Spring Starters - Offense

Spring football is over, and now all that's left is the anticipation of August and another football season. What players came out of the spring with starting spots on offense? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Davidson wont have much leash with drops.***

Apr 21, 2015, 10:07 AM

It's time to let Davidson out of the dog house

Apr 21, 2015, 6:28 PM

He was certainly on the Shi* list after his fumbles last season but he needs to be forgiven. Several games last year were broke open by his running ability and after watching the spring game he looks like possibly the biggest back we have, it was very noticeable he had been hitting the weights. He also looks like he has better long speed than Gallman. Gallman has the best acceleration of the backs but he was ran down in the spring game on his long run where CJ, on both his long runs, pulled away from the D once he got going. I know it's just a scrimmage but I thought he looked the best next to Gallman. I would like to see a 1&2 of Gallman and Davidson with Dye and Fuller sub'd in, until Choice is healthy.

Re: New Story: Post Spring Starters - Offense

Apr 21, 2015, 10:40 AM

Good article, thanks. Reading about the receivers gives me chills!

Looking forward to the defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wer'e going from great to unguardable with Deon and RRM3

Apr 21, 2015, 10:48 AM

Seriously what team on our schedule can guard Williams, Peake, Scott, Cain, McCloud, Hopper and Thompson? I think Bell takes a RS myself as he probably isn't beating out any of the guys in front of him.

I hope Leggett gets it together finally. And while I

Apr 21, 2015, 10:46 AM

typically support players that decide to leave early for the NFL, I'm not sure i could support Leggett making that decision even if he does have a breakout season. His issues at Clemson haven't been physical, he's just been immature and has lacked the motivation and drive necessary to succeed. That's going to be magnified many times over in the NFL, and i really suspect he needs 2 more years in college to mature and prepare himself for that.

Re: I hope Leggett gets it together finally. And while I

Apr 21, 2015, 10:49 AM

People think he is going to be Jimmy Graham. He isn't , he is going to be an average player if he keeps his head on and if not he will be on the bench. Jimmy Graham has way more fast twitch than Leggett. I can't quote anyone but when I think of attempting to compare him that is what I think of. A poor, poor man's Graham.

At the same time Richards and Williams will be coming soon

Apr 21, 2015, 10:51 AM [ in reply to I hope Leggett gets it together finally. And while I ]

He might see the writing on the wall and if he has a great season go to the NFL because his snap count could decrease with the talent behind him Richards and Williams are no joke and both will be very very good players here. I thin Richards has the potential to be the next Dwayne Allen for us.

Re: At the same time Richards and Williams will be coming soon

Apr 21, 2015, 10:51 AM

looks the part for sure.

Apr 21, 2015, 10:52 AM

thought Crowder was wuz starting center...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2015, 10:56 AM

can't tell if sarcasm...

Apr 21, 2015, 12:01 PM

swinney mentioned several times he was taking reps at first team center.

Apr 21, 2015, 12:44 PM

it's called cross-training in case of injury and we don't know if Jay will be back.

Apr 21, 2015, 12:45 PM

probably so, and I would rather see him flattening people at guard myself.

Apr 21, 2015, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Post Spring Starters - Offense ]

We should really, really hope for Guillermo to come back. Our line looked a lot better last season with him at center.

In the type

Apr 21, 2015, 3:32 PM

of offense that Clemson runs, downfield blocking by the receivers is extremely important. The tight ends must show up this year. We have to many great receivers and certainly must 'turn them loose' to be the exciting team that we all expect. Great tight ends are a must.

kickoff can't get here fast enough!!!!

Apr 21, 2015, 11:24 AM

Let's go Tigers!

Apr 21, 2015, 3:53 PM

Ahhhhhh Mr/Ms Associate Editor, hmmmmmmmm, has Jay Jay McCullough been suspended from the team again. I saw no mentioning of him in your TE choices. And if he isn't off the team again, he might have been listed as co starter at that TE position.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What position do you think will become Ray Ray's?***

Apr 21, 2015, 4:32 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully Norton has gotten it together

Apr 21, 2015, 6:32 PM

Not only his snap issues but also his blocking. Bigger tackles were blowing him up last year or just throwing him down. Reading about how we have been trying out several others at center this spring certainly doesn't help out my confidence in him.

Hearning about Norton

Apr 21, 2015, 11:55 PM

definitely let the wind out of the sails. That, and the fact that CJ Davidson is still being talked about as anything other than the 5th best RB option.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its troubling to hear that nobody has stepped up to

Apr 21, 2015, 11:25 PM

challenge Gallman. He's alright, but he runs too upright and he's not so good that he should be this far in front of the rest of the pack. We've all heard the "talented stable of running backs" schtick before least season. Outside of Adam Choice, their collective running abilities were very overstated.

If CJ Davidson is being counted on to do anything other than be our #5 RB we're in a lot of trouble. We heard about "running back depth" last spring too. What we saw out of DJ Howard and CJ Davidson last year was horrific. Both their performances in the UGA game were embarrassing, and they didn't get better after that. They were by far the least talented running backs we used ALL SEASON. Thankfully DJ Howard is gone, but hearing about how much Davidson has impressed the coaches again sounds a lot like a broken record. I ain't buying it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic