Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Obammy Care.You get less but pay more. Whoda Thunk It!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Obammy Care.You get less but pay more. Whoda Thunk It!

Jul 20, 2015, 6:58 PM

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-obama-care/071715-762256-patients-can-see-a-third-fewer-doctors-on-obamacare.htm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Obammy Care.You get less but pay more. Whoda Thunk It!

Jul 20, 2015, 8:02 PM

Shhh. Put your head in the sand, ObamaCare is awesome!!

We were advised about our new rates last week, 2016 will go up by $10 per week and 2018 it will be double what it is as of now. I'll pay $98 per week for my family through my employer. (And that's an estimate, it'll probably end up being a little more)

That also includes a higher deductible. I'll pay over $7000 before insurance kicks in. Four years ago, I paid less than $2,000.

But, hey it's awesome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just dont get pregnant

Jul 20, 2015, 11:12 PM

your welcome.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: just dont get pregnant

Jul 21, 2015, 9:49 AM

Well, you can do this and then just get an abortion.

You are very slow and behind on the times. OH and make sure to sign that form saying that they tissue can be used for harvesting and sold to researchers.

Making the world better one day at a time!!

Re: Obammy Care.You get less but pay more. Whoda Thunk It!

Jul 20, 2015, 8:29 PM

Even if policies on the exchanges are worse than other policies (and why wouldn't they be?), they're being made available to people who formerly had no insurance. Yes, people getting insurance via Obamacare don't get the great insurance that the rest of us are getting, but it's better than what they had before (nothing).

All that being said, we should abolish Obamacare and get us some single payer.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

not true***

Jul 20, 2015, 8:44 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

#### you say....

Jul 20, 2015, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Obammy Care.You get less but pay more. Whoda Thunk It! ]

First, yes people are getting insurance on the exchanges that didn't have insurance previously. The reason they're getting it, isn't the exchange itself, but the heavy subsidies paid by taxpayers. We didn't have to have "Obamacare" per se to accomplish giving folks free or heavily discounted health insurance.

Second, many many many folks who DID have health insurance that they were happy with were forced to buy policies with less coverage, with higher deductibles, and with similar or higher premiums. AND...AND....a LOT of these folks were not "able to keep their own doctors".

Third, premiums are rising and not falling, as promised.

And lastly, the employer mandate hasn't hit yet.

As I've shared previously on here, my own personal experience dealing with our companies health insurance has not been positive in regards to the changes brought about by the ACA. We run a partial self-insured program and we were hit very hard this year with premium increases, even though our population and last year's costs (meaning that which insurance paid out) were all in a better position than in previous years. Feedback from other local manufacturers is very similar.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #### you say....

Jul 21, 2015, 10:25 AM

Single payer would be better, and we should get health insurance out of the hands of employers. If that system ever made sense, it doesn't now.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

We can de-link insurance from employers without....

Jul 21, 2015, 10:42 AM

going to single payer.

Are you really serious that you would like the fed to be in complete control of the healthcare market?

I can't get behind that idea. It would be an utter disaster in this country with our form of government and a large and diverse population spread-out across a huge area. No other country with nationalized healthcare has the socioeconomic and geographic make-up that we have.

I agree. It's arguable as to whether or not it "works"

Jul 21, 2015, 11:06 AM

by our standards in out countries, but the idea that if it DOES work it other countries, it WILL work in this country, is just not true.

I'd say we'd go bankrupt pretty quickly with Universal Healthcare. For better or worse, I think we'll get the opportunity to see if I'm right or wrong pretty soon.

null

Re: I agree. It's arguable as to whether or not it "works"

Jul 21, 2015, 2:01 PM

of course it wont work in this country, unless we get rid of republicans first.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What has the GOP ever stopped?***

Jul 21, 2015, 3:49 PM

So, spoon, you are admitting O-care is another

Jul 21, 2015, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Obammy Care.You get less but pay more. Whoda Thunk It! ]

welfare plan?

B/c that is what it is!

I never can get an answer to this

Jul 21, 2015, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Obammy Care.You get less but pay more. Whoda Thunk It! ]

When you look at the VA, in particular, what in your wildest imagination makes you think single payer would be a success? It's just magically not going to be as bad?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most people don't want to repeal the VA or Medicare.***

Jul 21, 2015, 10:24 AM

- Jonathan Swift

Are you OK with VA like quality of service?***

Jul 21, 2015, 10:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder how many people in the VA system would prefer...

Jul 21, 2015, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Most people don't want to repeal the VA or Medicare.*** ]

to just have private health insurance provided to them by the feds?

I don't know, but I'm guessing a lot.

But that's what Obamacare does.

Jul 21, 2015, 10:51 AM

Are you saying that Obamacare, which subsidizes private insurance policies, is better than single-payer, like Medicare?

- Jonathan Swift

water is wet***

Jul 20, 2015, 8:43 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Useful idiots.***

Jul 21, 2015, 9:45 AM

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic