Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SCAR/LSU officially moved to Baton Rouge
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 3,453

SCAR/LSU officially moved to Baton Rouge

Oct 7, 2015, 11:55 AM

Sorry but thats a little messed up for USuC. A home game turns into an away game.

What if last Wednesday they said that our game Saturday, one of the biggest home games of the year, was being moved to South Bend?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: SCAR/LSU officially moved to Baton Rouge

Oct 7, 2015, 11:58 AM

I think the only difference in the game will be that Fournette might get 231 yards at home instead of 219 on the road ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2015, 12:00 PM

yes, our office gamecock fans are not at all upset, as far as I can tell.... they have not only written off this game, but the entire season. This means they lose by 40+ instead of 30+.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2015, 12:06 PM

And gives them a ready made excuse for (a) not going to the game and (b) losing the game. makes sense.

Oct 7, 2015, 1:37 PM

I hear many are OK with it because they will get a higher draft pick with another loss. Should we break it to them?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so your saying that he's only playing the first half?***

Oct 7, 2015, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR/LSU officially moved to Baton Rouge ]

Does Usuc get all the tickets?

Oct 7, 2015, 11:58 AM

If yes, nobody shows up!

Re: Does Usuc get all the tickets?

Oct 20, 2012, 9:54 AM

My guess is that there will some financial and future scheduling reciprocation.

Yea...that missing home field advantage hurts...

Oct 7, 2015, 11:59 AM

I said in a previous post that South Carolina would likely surrender over 200 yards to Leonard Fournette. I would like to amend that statement by changing the aforementioned three digit number to 500.

Sucks to suck at USuCk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Attendance Will Be 5x What It Would be at The Roach***

Oct 7, 2015, 12:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2015, 12:06 PM

While I don't think the home field advantage as gonna make much of a difference, there were some trolls on this board, and plenty on their board just hoping our game against ND would be cancelled.

I know that's the group of bad apples, but as they say...its best not to mess with karma.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2015, 12:14 PM

That just sucks for them. Almost feeling bad for them.

Pitchfork Ben is Back***

Oct 7, 2015, 12:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

this***

Oct 7, 2015, 12:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

just a reminder that 75% of the city still has no water

Oct 7, 2015, 12:19 PM

and every first responder and police/fireman in the city is too busy trying to help people put houses and businesses back together. hotels are full with displaced people, etc...

some things over rule football games....even for coots.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Agreed

Oct 7, 2015, 12:23 PM

No use tying up all the resources needed to handle a game with all that's going on there. The condition of the field/stadium area are irrelevant. Good call.

Re: just a reminder that 75% of the city still has no water

Oct 7, 2015, 12:24 PM [ in reply to just a reminder that 75% of the city still has no water ]

well said. unfortunate but with what they are going through they have to focus on flood damage and the victims. I love sports and see where many wont like it but you have to set priorities

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally agree

Oct 7, 2015, 12:26 PM [ in reply to just a reminder that 75% of the city still has no water ]

I love football, but I can't imagine using the resources necessary to get ready for a game when they'd be better applied elsewhere in the city.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wasn't suggesting it should be in Columbia, just saying

Oct 7, 2015, 12:37 PM [ in reply to just a reminder that 75% of the city still has no water ]

it should not be at the opponents stadium, one of the toughest places to play in CFB. I even heard rumors that it would be a 7:00 ESPN2 Kickoff which means night game

Best Is The Standard

Either way they were getting crushed***

Oct 7, 2015, 12:27 PM

They could play on the moon and still get beat***

Oct 7, 2015, 12:27 PM

I"m not so sure they would've been crushed at home

Oct 7, 2015, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Either way they were getting crushed*** ]

They are gonna give up a bunch of yards on the ground, but sometimes those sort of games still don't look like blowouts on the scoreboard.

I think they get thwacked hard in Death Valley*, but they might've made a game of it on the scoreboard in Columbia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why are you referring to LSU Tiger Stadium as Death Valley?

Oct 7, 2015, 12:41 PM

Please don't do that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You missed the asterisk

Oct 7, 2015, 12:42 PM

They can call themselves "Death Valley", but it will always have an asterisk next to it in my book as it isn't the original.

My heart is broken.

Oct 7, 2015, 12:34 PM

For the people in Columbia that are displaced or have homes damaged, but not so much for the coots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry, but we are juan and the same 88.*****

Oct 7, 2015, 12:47 PM

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Putting rivalry on the back burner

Oct 7, 2015, 12:56 PM [ in reply to My heart is broken. ]

right now, Columbia and South Carolina are in a world of hurt right now. We lived in Columbia for a very long time and never even gave a thought to getting flood insurance just like most of the people in Columbia and surrounding cities. I just read that Michelin just donated $100,000 this morning to flood relief and 1000 more National Guardsmen are coming to Columbia to help out. May God Bless all of the people who are affected by this horrible storm.

Re: Putting rivalry on the back burner

Oct 7, 2015, 1:56 PM

Speaking of donating, since this is an extra game for LSU which means more money, think they should donate the proceeds to flood relief on behalf of USC. Possible they have, I've been in the dark

11am Baton Rouge time?

Oct 7, 2015, 12:36 PM

them cajuns won't even be wokeup yet!

Weird, but this makes up for a lost LSU game earlier this season when they got thunderstormed out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't imagine the nightmare this is for

Oct 7, 2015, 12:57 PM

Both schools athletic departments. How will they handle tickets? Parking passes? Etc etc. these games are scheduled years in advance and the logistics of them all planned months in advance, they gotta do all this in a few days in Baton Rouge now

Hopefully Tanner got an agreement on the rushing yards and

Oct 7, 2015, 1:00 PM

Not running up the score because people need to have some good news. .. I'm sure they made a deal on keeping the score down at least.

I know the coots don't want it known but this might just be a close game. I don't think Tanner would have said we will play at your place and we plan on beating you guys at home.

Could a deal like this between a few actually happen in 2015?

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

LSU always finds a way to keep their opponent in the game.***

Oct 7, 2015, 1:35 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would be a much bigger deal if they....

Oct 7, 2015, 1:00 PM

1) Were having anything more than a disaster of a season
2) Had any chance of winning at all

The biggest issue for them is going to be the financial aspect.

my guess is that officially it will still be billed as

Oct 7, 2015, 1:21 PM

LSU at SCAR and will still count them as the home team. Even though they won't literally be.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Sorry???? No, Sorry to you. It is not messed up at all.***

Oct 7, 2015, 1:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry???? No, Sorry to you. It is not messed up at all.***

Oct 7, 2015, 2:50 PM

Your post title leaves a lot of questions in and of itself. While you obvious would think ill of anything remotely associated with USC I would suggest you reserve the negative tone and attitude for later, especially as you have ZERO real time knowledge as to what the hell happened here, nor do you seem to care! Come walk a mile in our shoes before you make a real ### of yourself! Otherwise shut up.

Go Tigers!

Replies: 35
| visibility 3,453
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic