Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
poor Will Muschamp - everybody copies his recruiting tactics
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

poor Will Muschamp - everybody copies his recruiting tactics

Oct 24, 2018, 9:36 AM

funniest thing I've read lately.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/article220491580.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Oct 24, 2018, 9:41 AM

“It’s really interesting, when we offer somebody, they get offered real quick by a lot of schools, and I can normally tell you the ones that do,” Muschamp said. “I don’t know that they've watched the tape but they’ve seen that we offered, so they end up offering. That’s kinda the world we’re in right now with social media.”

Right... because there are teams that want to emulate all of the success he's had at Scar.

GO TIGERS!!

Re: That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Oct 24, 2018, 10:39 AM

And Florida!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If by recruiting tactics he means

Oct 24, 2018, 9:42 AM

throwing everything on the wall just to see what sticks or to quote a high school coach from Florida concerning gamecock recruiting, “They offer anyone with a pulse” then yes I’m sure Wake Forest, Vanderbilt and some others probably copy his recruiting tactics.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If by recruiting tactics he means

Oct 24, 2018, 9:56 AM

Add to that pulling an offer at the last minute after a recruit commits if numbers are getting tight.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If by recruiting tactics he means

Oct 24, 2018, 10:19 AM

That’s one of the most underhanded things done in the whole process and they’ve been doing it for years.

ROFL...I hope they keep him forever !!!!***

Oct 24, 2018, 9:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Absolutely.. They're a match made in heaven.***

Oct 24, 2018, 10:03 AM

GO TIGERS!!

Not us, we sign top talent.***

Oct 24, 2018, 10:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: poor Will Muschamp - everybody copies his recruiting tactics

Oct 24, 2018, 10:10 AM

Most of Chump’s success is attributed to the expansion of Clemson’s recruiting footprint. We now go after the best guys that fit our culture, no matter where they are located. This allows USuC to hit on the lower rated guys we used to chase in SC and NC. Recruits aren’t going to USuC because they want to, but in many cases it may be the best power 5 offer they may get.

If you want to be a 6-6 team, USCjr is the program to copy***

Oct 24, 2018, 10:36 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's right ... Tulane blindly offers kids right after

Oct 24, 2018, 10:59 AM

Muscoot gives them an offer.

So does Florida International.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I noticed WOfford and COastal jumped on a couple asap!***

Oct 24, 2018, 11:11 AM

Re: I noticed WOfford and COastal jumped on a couple asap!***

Oct 24, 2018, 11:27 AM

Well thank goodness the kids have other offers and not just having to settle for the cat turd in the SEC Litter Box.

Oct 24, 2018, 3:02 PM [ in reply to I noticed WOfford and COastal jumped on a couple asap!*** ]

Wofford recruits at a level higher than SC. Please don’t drag a great school down to coot level. ??

Go Terriers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2018, 7:22 PM [ in reply to I noticed WOfford and COastal jumped on a couple asap!*** ]

Spud, I think I saw a Prairieview coach hot after one of Muchchump’ recruits! RIGHT after Chump’s offer. Coincidence? I think not!

Oct 24, 2018, 11:42 AM

Its comedy central in here! Good stuff.

Oct 24, 2018, 1:09 PM

He's got to put something out there so they don't write an article about them being 3-3.

Oct 24, 2018, 1:15 PM

When i see the dude i think of limburger Cheese....

Oct 24, 2018, 1:30 PM

Well, Muschamp is correct. When he offers every prospect that breathes, the other schools have no other choice but to offer some of the same prospects.

His highest rated recruits are a result of our success and extending the range of our recruiting. There are several of his highly rated recruits who wanted to come to Clemson but Clemson had higher rated recruits on their board. Some did not want to play a position our coaches determined was best for their talents.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2018, 2:59 PM

I believe Muschump promised the kid out of N Charleston he would be recruited as a QB. Is he not a DB now for the coots?? Joyner is the kid. We wanted him as an athlete/DB I think.

And Hellinski will he flip to Stanford?? Why would he come across the country to play for an average team when he can pick and PAC 12 school with the same or better results.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

jeez, he's full of himself***

Oct 24, 2018, 2:01 PM

Thanks for the belly laugh. That was great.***

Oct 24, 2018, 2:03 PM

I get it coach.

Oct 24, 2018, 2:10 PM

so many teams are striving to go .500 every year. why wouldn't they go after the same players?

Moosecramps strategy...

Oct 24, 2018, 2:13 PM

1. Promise players something he can't deliver.
2. Recruit academically inferior players.
3. Convince players that the only difference between USuC and Bama is geography.
4. SEC, SEC, SEC...did I say S-E-C?
5. Thrill them in his office by shooting off fire extinguishers while playing 2001 on a kazoo

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#5 made me lol***

Oct 24, 2018, 6:48 PM

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Oct 24, 2018, 2:43 PM

Cycling in.

Oct 24, 2018, 7:12 PM

Yeah, the spin cycle.

Oct 24, 2018, 2:52 PM

???????? What is with coot coaches, players and fans??? They seem to lose their minds after a certain amount of time in cootland. So far they have not been able to back up anything they have boasted about.

I hope we throttle them in DV to remind them where their true place is mediocrity and bottom feeders.

Why would any coach want to follow in WM’s career path. I have always wondered what happened to his HC in waiting position at Texas under Mack Brown??? Anyone know why they passed on the greatest coach in his own mind??

Oct 24, 2018, 3:27 PM

Only if you want a bunch of 2 star scrubs that need academic waivers. I think this whole topic can be filed under "fake news"...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo responds....

Oct 24, 2018, 8:40 PM

https://youtu.be/U4FZog7Ygcs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2018, 9:42 PM

What a tool.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic