Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
i've been a Tiger fan since '77
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 835

i've been a Tiger fan since '77

Jan 1, 2013, 12:46 AM

when my Pop (an ND fan) and Uncle (a '56 Clemson grad) took me to my first game in DV against Joe Montana and ND in DV in '77. Jonathan Brooks gave me his mouthpiece and uniform belt on the field after the game that day and i became a Tiger for life. Only one time in my 44 years on this earth have i been this proud and that was in '81 when i watched my Tigers beat the Huskers for the NC in the Orange Bowl. I watched this game from my apt. in SD and as Cat Man's FG went through i yelled as loud as i could and I shed tears out of pride of being a Tiger fan and if this brings any smart ### comments or emo ######## from anyone i don't care....i'm a combat veteran of 4 combat zones and i'm not ashamed to admit that i had tears in my eyes watching the Tigers beat the mighty SEC and for those of you who bash Dabo, etc.....whatever....most of the ones who do weren't even old enough to remember Danny's teams anyway....some of us remember them well. To listen to Dabo talk through tears after the game and talk about his team fighting for "every piece of grass" know that man is the man for the job.....to hear him say "CLEMSON TIGERS BABY!" puts a knot in my throat and if i'm emo, i don't give a #### because i am a Clemson Tiger til the day i die and i have Dabo and his staff's back no matter what....i am so proud to say i'm a Clemson fan and ######, i wish we were teeing it up right now to start the '13 season.....if recruits don't want to wear the Orange and Purple, it's their loss...they're probably not the type of kid we want anyway......we will win a NC with Dabo because that man IS a CLEMSON TIGER, PERIOD.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point!***

Jan 1, 2013, 12:50 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Thanks for your service. I became a fan at the exact same

Jan 1, 2013, 12:54 AM

time. Great to be a Tiger! They made us all proud today.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

'77 was my first, also. Great post and I agree. +1.***

Jan 1, 2013, 1:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was at the 77 ND game

Jan 1, 2013, 3:23 AM

cried at the end of it but I was proud of our guys then like I am tonight.This win is right up there with Ohio State ,Nebraska and Oklahoma.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 835
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic