Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer State of Mississippi
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

Deer State of Mississippi

Jul 10, 2015, 11:27 AM

You're next

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Deer State of Mississippi

Jul 10, 2015, 11:31 AM

GA needs to redo its flag again. The new one was even more of a slap in the face.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were sly knowing most libs are too stupid/ignorant to recognize

Jul 10, 2015, 11:42 AM

the actual first national flag of the Confederacy since they focus solely on the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

it's funny listening to a conservative talk about liberals

Jul 10, 2015, 5:48 PM

as being "too stupid or ignorant" to recognize something. The irony of being patronized by people who think that the Flinstones was a documentary is deliciously rich.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They were sly knowing most libs are too stupid/ignorant to recognize

Jul 10, 2015, 5:48 PM [ in reply to They were sly knowing most libs are too stupid/ignorant to recognize ]

> the actual first national flag of the Confederacy
> since they focus solely on the battle flag of the
> Army of Northern Virginia.

Lol...did you say too stupid/ignorant? Really? Well, irony is a fun thing sometimes. That isn't the first flag of the confederacy, or the 2nd or 3rd.

This is the first flag:

Have another beer friend... :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They were sly knowing most libs are too stupid/ignorant to recognize

Jul 10, 2015, 7:58 PM

Reading comprehension is a beautiful thing, he was talking about the Georgia state flag which is almost a carbon copy of the one you just posted.

Haley didn't take the flag down

Jul 12, 2015, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Deer State of Mississippi ]

Dylann Roof - a racist and moran did.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2015, 11:35 AM

Does it count if they get rid of it because it's just not very attractive? Looking at it from a purely aesthetic view point it really sorta looks like Picasso on really bad crack hangover painted the ### thing...

is there a tour? who's playing?***

Jul 10, 2015, 11:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BAN the Mannings!

Jul 10, 2015, 11:52 AM

I like it.

Deer Southern people,

Jul 10, 2015, 11:55 AM

You guys are next. We hate you and will erase every bit of your culture out.

With love,

The Liberal Media and the Two Revs

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

i've been meaning to check out this whole gay sex thing

Jul 10, 2015, 11:57 AM

will there be a drawing or door prizes?

I have no idea how to respond to this.

Jul 10, 2015, 12:51 PM

I will just leave now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

there might be animal balloons, is that a difference maker?***

Jul 10, 2015, 1:00 PM

Apparently I missed a thread this morning.

Jul 10, 2015, 1:13 PM

Can bob provide a link?

Re: Apparently I missed a thread this morning.

Jul 10, 2015, 1:21 PM

we are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Re: Apparently I missed a thread this morning.***

Jul 10, 2015, 1:24 PM

I had no idea Gov. Haley was the

Jul 10, 2015, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Deer Southern people, ]

liberal media or a rev. You lost, buddy. A ton of other South Carolinian natives like myself won, though. That rag is now reduced to private property and loud trucks. That flag never has and will never represent all of SC. Bye bye flag.

she's not, she kowtowed to them though.***

Jul 10, 2015, 12:09 PM

DSP, here is a newsflash in case you are

Jul 10, 2015, 12:34 PM

still confused. Despite the outcries of the "heritage" folks a.k.a angry white people who clearly the more you hear them speak and give their points represent everything that represents why that flag was put up in 61 and that was to give the finger to civil rights, the fact is a ton of natives of all colors have always known it is an embarrassment. As Gov. Haley said, it is a great day in South Carolina. It ain't the transplants, the liberal media or whatever else you want to whine about. It was finally time for SC to move on and sadly, it took 9 people's deaths to do it. The flag folks seem to be resistent to change of any sort so this will be tough, but like I said, they have their vehicles and private property to go crazy with flags.

so in other words, she kowtowed & we agree.***

Jul 10, 2015, 12:40 PM

I would say developed more of a

Jul 10, 2015, 12:46 PM

concious, perhaps, but in this day of trying to give the finger to whoever you can because its my gotdern right to, I suppose another angle is she is a wuss....she is weak....she kowtowed....blah blah blah. Dude, you can still fly your flag and ##### about minorities and liberals ruining everything all you want. SC just took a step forward into the 21st century. Good!

i'm sure that's what you'd say.***

Jul 10, 2015, 12:49 PM

Yup.

Jul 10, 2015, 12:56 PM

I love how this is pissing off the people that can make this state unbearable at times. I love that Lee Bright is squirming like a squished toad.

then i'm happy for you, i can separate those things.***

Jul 10, 2015, 12:56 PM

Re: I would say developed more of a

Jul 10, 2015, 1:16 PM [ in reply to I would say developed more of a ]

And what exactly is this step forward into the 21st-century I keep hearing you bleeding heart liberals talk about? Watching TV at night and seeing two dudes kiss... is that your step forward? If so..God help us.

Jul 10, 2015, 1:26 PM

And from the "give an inch, take a mile" department..I read an article this morning that some liberal nuts actually want to take down the Confederate flags that are on Confederate soldiers graves and the only time they can be put up is on Confederate Memorial day. They must be the smallest flags possible and taken down immediately after Confederate Memorial day is over. Another one of those steps into the 21st-century I guess

Jul 10, 2015, 1:48 PM

> And from the "give an inch, take a mile"
> department..I read an article this morning that some
> liberal nuts actually want to take down the
> Confederate flags that are on Confederate soldiers
> graves and the only time they can be put up is on
> Confederate Memorial day. They must be the smallest
> flags possible and taken down immediately after
> Confederate Memorial day is over. Another one of
> those steps into the 21st-century I guess

Actually it's interesting what Robert E. Lee said on the matter of monuments and memorials. In a letter in response to the the Gettysburg Memorial Committee that had asked him to join in the placement of memorials at key Confederate positions during the battle, Lee refused to participate saying: “I think it wiser moreover not to keep open the sores of war, but to follow the example of those nations who endeavored to obliterate the marks of civil strife and to commit to oblivion the feelings it engendered."

But as people will do, Virginia placed a giant statue of him at the park early in the 20th century.

Jul 10, 2015, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: I would say developed more of a ]

That's actually exactly it.

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

Jul 10, 2015, 5:34 PM

Well..then as I said, God help us.

Re: DSP, here is a newsflash in case you are

Jul 12, 2015, 1:47 AM [ in reply to DSP, here is a newsflash in case you are ]

I think that it's really ignorant to believe that about 80k southern soldiers gave their lives so that the plantation owners could own slaves. About 99% of the confederate soldiers had never or wouldn't have ever owned a slave. Only the rich or near rich plantation owners could afford the price for a slave. That is not the reason all those confederate soldiers died. The reason they fought and died was because at the time the south was being duped by being treated unfairly by the majority of northerners that ran our congress. Congress at that time heavily favored the industrialized northern states to the point of demanding that the South sell it's cotton and other raw materials only to the factories in the north, and unfairly tripling the cost for selling their goods to other countries. The Congress also taxed the finished materials that the northern industries produced so heavily, making finished products made from the cotton and tobacco that was produced by the south, and sold it at prices the southern people couldn't afford to buy the finished products made in the north. So the north then sold it to the same countries they didn't want the south selling it's raw product to. The Civil War should not have occurred but they left the south no other choice. If the Northern States and their representatives in Congress had only listened to the problems of the South, and stopped these unfair practices that were like the taxation without representation of Great Britain, then the Southern states would not have seceded and the war would not have ever occurred. Most all southern officers were businessmen and plantation owners. Lincoln freed the slaves only to cause a disturbance in the south with the confederate officers rushing back home to try and save their plantations and businesses. Slavery was brought into the war to insure the beginning of the end. Most of you know this, but most of you just feel better by wanting to believe the civil was bc of slavery. 80 thousand men didn't die over slavery when 99% of them never would have afforded a slave in their entire life. And they didn't give their lives and their sons lives so that only rich plantation owners benefited from slavery that had taken paychecks from them and their families.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2015, 3:49 PM

Finally someone posted what the war was all about. Got into s heated debate with an individual about this and he said I was nuts and didn't have a clue. I then showed the news guy in books, internet where I was right. He finally apologized saying he had "heard that is was all about slavery" and hadn't actually did any research. Told him that he should always research before printing stuff that he had no knowledge of.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well thought out and presented but a question?

Jul 12, 2015, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Re: DSP, here is a newsflash in case you are ]

What did any of that info have to do with what I stated and you were responding to? I know I am having trouble connecting the dots, so help me out with that.

Jul 12, 2015, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: DSP, here is a newsflash in case you are ]

I think it important to point out that except for 1, none of the issues you mentioned would have affected the common soldier. He was fighting to save his home and his state they say.

There is no way to divorce Slavery from the Civil War. I was raised in SC and I heard the State-Right's argument all my life. It is a half-truth.

If you'll read "Confederate States of America - Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union", the beginning argument was retaining it's "Sovereignty" as a state as dictated by the Constitution. That "Sovereignty" was the freedom to rule the state as it saw fit without interference from the Federal Government. But as you read further it is fundamentally clear that the "Right" most important to them was Slavery. Their wealth and the whole economy was based on it.

One cannot avoid the obvious, for SC at least, Slavery was the primary reason for Secession; Slaves and Slavery are mentioned 26 times (as well as servile insurrection") it even quotes Lincoln's "Government cannot endure permanently half slave, half free,"and that the public mind must rest in the belief that slavery is in the course of ultimate extinction." Therefore we're out of here.

Nothing this momentous is simple, but the primary fact of the formation of the Confederate States was to perpetuate the institution of slavery. There were other problems, but it's inescapable, the common confederate soldier may not have cared anything about slavery, but it is absolutely the foundation of the Civil War.

One could easily argue that the average southern citizen was duped by the wealthy elite.

divorce it? why, it was legal. you'd be better

Jul 12, 2015, 7:30 PM

served divorcing your present day morality from an issue that was a state's right[and 150+ years old], no matter how distasteful it might be to either of us currently.

sc, along with others, told an oppressive Fed in no uncertain terms they were taking back the power they freely granted as a sovereign state and would move forward holding, administering & executing every right held under that sovereignty.

620,000[some estimates as high as 850,000] died fighting with honor and valor. i will respect both sides, the flags, pennants, designations and memorials no matter how difficult that is for you to differentiate.

Jul 12, 2015, 7:51 PM [ in reply to Re: DSP, here is a newsflash in case you are ]

The poor are always duped into war by the wealthy elite.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, governments even clans & tribes wage war by council.***

Jul 12, 2015, 8:00 PM

Re: she's not, she kowtowed to them though.***

Jul 10, 2015, 12:36 PM [ in reply to she's not, she kowtowed to them though.*** ]

naaa....she kowtowed to common decency, common sense and the common good.

I want to have her baby.

agreed, she kowtowed & good luck to all three of you...***

Jul 10, 2015, 12:42 PM

If you believe it was all motivated by Haley's good heart,

Jul 10, 2015, 12:56 PM [ in reply to I had no idea Gov. Haley was the ]

you are naive.

From the very first effort to remove the flag decades ago, it has been motivated by outside influences.

And, the media (liberal and/or conservative) whips the sheeple into a frenzy to get their way. They did it with SSM as well.

Stay uninformed; the liberal media needs you to accomplish their wishes.

Ahhh.....there is the word. Naive.

Jul 10, 2015, 12:58 PM

Another moron that believes this state is comprised of flag waving goofballs....sheeples.....liberal media. You got it all down, bub. Keep up the good work!

I am from South Carolina! I did not care whether the

Jul 10, 2015, 1:02 PM

flag came down or not, so you can shut up about that. What I do care about is my southern way of life. And, I will continue to defend it with everything I am.

Once again, if you think it was all Haley leading this effort, you are clueless!

Goodbye!

Ahhh, the skeery libruhls!***

Jul 10, 2015, 8:58 PM [ in reply to If you believe it was all motivated by Haley's good heart, ]

Re: I had no idea Gov. Haley was the

Jul 10, 2015, 1:08 PM [ in reply to I had no idea Gov. Haley was the ]

I see you say native.. so let me guess you don't even live in the state anymore?

Yep, here 40 years.***

Jul 10, 2015, 1:13 PM

CONGRATULATIONS

Jul 10, 2015, 1:43 PM [ in reply to I had no idea Gov. Haley was the ]
c14.jpg(15.8 K)

-

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Your mama persuaded me to go along with you in public.

Jul 10, 2015, 3:44 PM [ in reply to I had no idea Gov. Haley was the ]

oh yeah

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever the liberal media and the two Revs do, it

Jul 11, 2015, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Deer Southern people, ]

will be ingrained into and part of southern culture in a 100 years, and whatever mistakes are made because of it won't come close to the level of mistakes our ancestors made during the 1700 and 1800s.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi had a referendum on it some years ago

Jul 10, 2015, 1:10 PM

around the same time as the SC compromise, I think, and the people there voted to keep it.

Interesting concept.

Re: Mississippi had a referendum on it some years ago

Jul 10, 2015, 5:32 PM

You are correct sir. The voter participation was impressive, almost as impressive as the final vote count.

Re: Mississippi had a referendum on it some years ago

Jul 11, 2015, 11:17 PM

That's why they refused to put it on the ballot

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Funny how nobody talks

Jul 10, 2015, 1:12 PM

about the millions of Native American's killed under the American flag?....maybe that needs to be taken down too.

But now they got the casinos - some restoration.***

Jul 10, 2015, 1:31 PM

Re: But now they got the casinos - some restoration.***

Jul 10, 2015, 1:43 PM

Oh yeah all those run down casinos in Arizona and North Carolina that nobody goes to, yeah I forgot about those...Your missing the point of what I am trying to say. Go Tigers!

No he isn't,

Jul 10, 2015, 3:48 PM

we're just all sick of hearing it.

Now don't go off on me about being a liberal. I'm so conservative I save corn cobs to wipe with. I can live anywhere I want to live. I only want to live in SC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't get a ### thing.

Jul 10, 2015, 3:45 PM [ in reply to But now they got the casinos - some restoration.*** ]

I wasn't on the trail of tears either.

Jul 10, 2015, 7:36 PM

http://ballotpedia.org/Mississippi_Flag_Referendum_(April_2001)

Jul 10, 2015, 8:48 PM

+100000000000000000000000000000000000

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic